|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Petra and Morten.
(b) Catherine and Petra.
(c) Captain Horster.
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(c) Exposure to the world.
3. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Hamblin.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Captain Holiday.
(d) Captain Haley.
4. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The needle of a compass.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The letter "I."
(d) The baton of command.
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Galileo born?
2. What refers to a person authorized to examine publications, theatrical presentations, films, letters, etc, in order to suppress in whole or part those considered obscene or politically unacceptable?
3. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Aslaksen refuses to print the report as a what?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)