|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Elizabethan Theater.
(b) Imperial Theatre.
(c) Broadhurst Theater.
(d) Ambassador Theatre.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
(a) Reporting good news.
(b) Protecting the people.
(c) Proving his worth.
(d) Fighting the bureaucrats.
3. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Mayors office.
(b) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) Kirten Springs.
(d) Tom Stockmann's residence.
5. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
2. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)