|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Write an editorial.
(b) Shout on a street corner.
(c) Test the water himself.
(d) Go to the city council.
2. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
(a) The City Engineering Department.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) The Mayor's office.
3. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) The federal government.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) A childhood friend.
(d) The local university lab.
4. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(b) Published findings.
(c) Reason to panic.
(d) Conclusive evidence.
5. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
2. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
3. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)