|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
2. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) He talks to Peter.
(b) The next day.
(c) He informs the city council.
(d) A second sample is tested.
3. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(b) The Mayor's office.
(c) Incredible wealth.
(d) All the power.
4. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Filter out the bad ideas.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Fine tune them.
(d) Put them into action.
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(c) Hot toddies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
2. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
4. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
5. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)