|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(a) Windmill Valley.
(b) Coal Point.
(d) Atomic Alley.
2. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Morten Kill.
(d) Captain Horster.
3. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Billing.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Write an editorial.
(b) Go to the city council.
(c) Test the water himself.
(d) Shout on a street corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
3. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
5. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)