|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) He talks to Peter.
(b) The next day.
(c) A second sample is tested.
(d) He informs the city council.
2. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Captain Horster.
(c) Petra and Morten.
(d) Catherine and Petra.
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Fine tune them.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Put them into action.
4. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
5. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
4. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)