|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Tom accuses Peter of being unable to admit that he approved the construction of the Springs where?
(a) On an unstable hillside.
(b) In a poor town.
(c) On private land.
(d) In a bad location.
2. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
(a) Published findings.
(b) Reason to panic.
(c) Conclusive evidence.
3. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
4. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
(a) Hot toddies.
5. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The tannery.
(b) The springs.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
3. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
4. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)