|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(c) An underdog.
(d) A bird watcher.
2. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
4. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Petra Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
5. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Shout on a street corner.
(b) Go to the city council.
(c) Write an editorial.
(d) Test the water himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
5. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)