|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The tannery.
(b) A factory.
(c) The neighboring town.
(d) A pig farm.
2. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Kill.
3. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
4. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
5. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Captain Horster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
3. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
4. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
5. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)