|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
(b) Ship Captain.
2. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) The local university lab.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) The federal government.
3. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Put them into action.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Filter out the bad ideas.
(d) Fine tune them.
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Don't publish the report.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) He commissioned his own report.
(d) He'd drop by later.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
2. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
4. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)