|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Lewis Carroll.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Henrik Ibsen.
3. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
4. How much does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would cost in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Five million crowns.
(b) One million crowns.
(c) Hundreds of thousands of crowns.
(d) Seventy thousand crowns.
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Catherine Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Morten and Ejlif.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
2. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
3. How old is Ejlif?
4. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
5. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)