|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Captain Haley.
(c) Captain Hamblin.
(d) Captain Holiday.
2. How many pages is the report?
3. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The springs.
(c) The mill.
(d) The tannery.
4. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Aslaksen.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
5. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Kill.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
2. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
3. Peter Stockmann is described as nearing what age?
4. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
5. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)