|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Put them into action.
(b) Filter out the bad ideas.
(c) Critique them.
(d) Fine tune them.
2. What is causing the waste in the water, according to the report?
(a) A powerplant.
(b) The tannery.
(c) Oil drilling.
(d) A paper mill.
3. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Disregard the findings.
(b) He'd drop by later.
(c) Don't publish the report.
(d) He commissioned his own report.
4. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) Kirten Springs.
(b) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(d) The Mayors office.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
2. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
3. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
4. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
5. In Act I Scene 2, Tom explains that there is no what but simply a scientific report?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)