|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) Very interesting.
(b) An epidemic.
(c) A joke.
(d) A scandal.
2. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
(a) Exposure to the world.
3. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
4. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
5. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(a) All the power.
(b) The Mayor's office.
(c) Incredible wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
2. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad says he sees this situation as his opportunity to keep his word in doing what?
4. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
5. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)