|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Tom Stockmann.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
2. Catherine is concerned that what will suffer if Tom has a public fight with Peter in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Institute.
(b) The town.
(c) The family.
(d) The environment.
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Tom Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Go to the city council.
(b) Test the water himself.
(c) Shout on a street corner.
(d) Write an editorial.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Make recommendations for improvements.
(b) Not show up for his meeting.
(c) Treat the incoming water.
(d) Tell them everything is fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
2. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
5. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)