|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Mayors office.
(b) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(c) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(d) Kirten Springs.
2. From whose original work did Arthur Miller adapt "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Lewis Carroll.
(d) Henrik Ibsen.
3. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
4. How old is Ejlif?
5. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Peter arrives in Act I Scene 2, he expresses disappointment that Tom did what behind his back?
2. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
3. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
4. Who starred in Miller's premier of "An Enemy of the People"?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)