|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Petra and Morten.
(b) Catherine and Petra.
(c) Captain Horster.
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The church.
(b) The bureaucrats.
(c) The schools.
(d) The wealthy.
3. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(b) Atomic Alley.
(c) Coal Point.
(d) Windmill Valley.
4. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
(a) He commissioned his own report.
(b) Disregard the findings.
(c) Don't publish the report.
(d) He'd drop by later.
5. Who does Hovstad accuse of being cowardly and in fear of standing up to authority in Act I Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
2. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
3. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
4. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
5. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)