|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom loves to watch his kids eat since they are the ones who will do what?
(a) Stir up the future.
(b) Grow up someday.
(c) Look after him when he's old.
(d) Reinvent the wheel.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
3. After Peter leaves in Act I Scene 2, Catherine reminds Tom that Peter has what?
(b) All the power.
(c) The Mayor's office.
(d) Incredible wealth.
4. Who is the assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Hovstad.
(c) Mr. Aslaksen.
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) What a man is.
(b) How the world works.
(c) What the truth is.
(d) The definition of corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverages are Tom, Catherine, Hovstad, and Captain Horster drinking when Tom's eldest child enters in Act I Scene 1?
2. What department's finding in Act I Scene 2 states that if the overhaul of the water system is necessary, it is not an emergency and can wait?
3. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
4. How many pages is the report?
5. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)