|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom's eldest child bring to him in Act I Scene 1?
(a) A briefcase.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A gift.
(d) A letter.
2. How does Peter enter in Act II Scene 1?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through the back door.
(c) From the attic.
(d) From the basement.
3. In Act I Scene 1, Tom announces that the baths which were so costly to develop are a what?
(b) Pest hole.
(c) Cess pool.
(d) Death sentence.
4. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
(a) The Mayors office.
(b) The Kirsten Springs Institute.
(c) Tom Stockmann's residence.
(d) Kirten Springs.
5. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The baton of command.
(b) The letter "I."
(c) The needle of a compass.
(d) A fishing pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
2. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
3. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
4. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
5. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)