|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character in the play shares the most characteristics with Tom Stockmann?
2. Who is the mayor of the town in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Morten Kill.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Captain Horster.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
3. What word refers to a person who betrays another, a cause, or any trust?
4. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
(a) The west.
(b) The south.
(c) The east.
(d) The north.
5. Given little other options, in the end of Act II Scene 1, Tom vows to do what to spread the truth about the water system?
(a) Publish his own paper.
(b) Tell everybody at church.
(c) Yell from the steps of the Mayor's office.
(d) March through town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Tom act with moderation in Act II Scene 1 when Tom tells Hovstad that Peter has declared war?
2. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
3. Catherine stuns Tom and Petra in Act I Scene 2 when she says, "What good is truth, without" what?
4. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter angrily declares that the report is based on hatred of what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)