|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who represents small businessmen as well as the Temperance Society?
(a) Mr. Hovstad.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Billing.
(d) Peter Stockmann.
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
3. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
4. What does Tom tell Peter that his cane represents in Act II Scene 1?
(a) The needle of a compass.
(b) The baton of command.
(c) The letter "I."
(d) A fishing pole.
5. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The schools.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The bureaucrats.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
2. What is the setting of Act II Scene 1?
3. What is the setting of Act I Scene 1?
4. Where did Tom go to help the poor and afflicted when he was younger?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)