|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Tom leaves in Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments to Aslaksen that Tom might prove to be what?
(a) The messiah.
(b) A wolf in sheeps clothing.
(d) Valuable to them.
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The neighboring town.
(b) The tannery.
(c) A factory.
(d) A pig farm.
3. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Morten and Ejlif.
(c) Catherine Stockmann.
(d) Captain Horster.
4. Tom Stockmann theorizes that the unsafe water that pours into Kirsten Springs originates where?
(a) Windmill Valley.
(b) Coal Point.
(d) Atomic Alley.
5. In Act II Scene 1, Billing suggests to Hovstad that they seek the support of Tom to do what?
(a) Take on the mayor.
(b) Back a newspaper.
(c) Start a new town.
(d) Test the water again.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Peter say an overhaul of the water system would take in Act I Scene 2?
2. What occupant of the town is the commander of a ship which travels all over the world?
3. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
4. Tom claims that Peter's views are closed and narrow due to his lack of what?
5. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)