|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like?
2. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
3. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(b) Harmful bacteria.
(d) Infectious organic matter.
4. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
(d) Mr. Kill.
5. Where did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" first open?
(a) Imperial Theatre.
(b) Broadhurst Theater.
(c) Ambassador Theatre.
(d) Elizabethan Theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
2. According to Tom, what must be dismantled in order for the population to be safe?
3. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
4. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
5. What is the setting of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)