|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter wants Tom to agree to do what to the Council rather than provide them with the damaging report?
(a) Tell them everything is fine.
(b) Not show up for his meeting.
(c) Treat the incoming water.
(d) Make recommendations for improvements.
2. In Act I Scene 1, Petra remembers that Tom warned the town not to build the Springs downstream from what?
(a) The neighboring town.
(b) A pig farm.
(c) The tannery.
(d) A factory.
3. Tom responds to Catherine's doubts in Act I Scene I saying that he has all of the what?
4. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
5. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
(a) His brother's cane.
(b) A sword.
(d) An umbrella.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
2. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
3. In Act II Scene 1, to show Peter that his position is that of the people, Tom puts on what?
4. Who separates Peter and Tom when they almost come to blows in Act I Scene 2?
5. In Act II Scene 1, Peter supplies the most "practical" solution, which is what?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)