|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Arthur Miller's adaptation of "An Enemy of the People" premiere?
2. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
(a) Infectious organic matter.
(b) Harmful bacteria.
3. In Act II Scene 1, Billing finishes reading the report which he declares to be what?
4. Who is Tom Stockmann's father-in-law?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Morten Kill.
5. Catherine boasts in Act I Scene 1 that Tom literally "invented" what?
(a) Merrimac Springs.
(b) Mammoth Springs.
(c) Carlsbad Springs.
(d) Kirsten Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the newspaper office with a book that Hovstad asked to be translated for publication in the newspaper in Act II Scene 1?
2. Which character claims to be a radical liberal?
3. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
4. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
5. What did Peter say in his note to Tom in the beginning of Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)