|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the original play "An Enemy of the People" published?
2. With whom is Tom on a walk in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Captain Horster.
(b) Peter Stockmann.
(c) Morten and Ejlif.
(d) Catherine Stockmann.
3. What does Peter say would plummet if the report were to be released in Act I Scene 2?
4. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
(a) How the world works.
(b) The definition of corruption.
(c) What the truth is.
(d) What a man is.
5. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The bureaucrats.
(b) The church.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The schools.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relative of Tom Stockmann's is exceptionally wealthy?
2. Tom claims in Act I Scene 1 that without something to fight for, you are what?
3. Who is convinced that Tom is trying to pull a fast one on his brother and assumes the entire story is a joke in Act I Scene 2?
4. In Act II Scene 1 it is pointed out that Billing has applied for a job as what?
5. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)