|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger?
(a) Mr. Billing.
(b) Mr. Aslaksen.
(c) Mr. Kill.
(d) Mr. Hovstad.
2. Hovstad connects everything that's wrong with the town on what?
(a) The bureaucrats.
(b) The church.
(c) The wealthy.
(d) The schools.
3. In Act I Scene 1, the mayor boasts that new medicinal bath center will be as popular as those where?
4. Hovstad leaves in Act I Scene 2 planning to do what until the report is printed in the paper?
(a) Go to the city council.
(b) Test the water himself.
(c) Shout on a street corner.
(d) Write an editorial.
5. What word refers to a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles that one does not really possess?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. In Act I Scene 2, when Tom vows to stand up for his findings, Peter warns him that he will see to it that what?
3. When he enters in Act II Scene 1, Peter demands to see the report, promising to help with what?
4. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
5. What is the name of Tom Stockmann's wife?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)