|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Billing urge to stay for dinner in the beginning of Act I Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Kill.
(b) Captain Horster.
(c) Mr. Hovstad.
(d) Mr. Aslaksen.
2. Hovstad is suddenly torn in Act II Scene 1 and entertains the idea that perhaps Tom is what?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A liar.
(c) An egomaniac.
3. When Tom returns in Act II Scene 1, he emphasizes again to Aslaksen that he does not want to be treated like what?
(a) A child.
(b) A hero.
(c) A woman.
(d) A king.
4. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad tells Billing to lower his voice because who is in earshot?
(a) Peter Stockmann.
(b) Petra Stockmann.
(d) Tom Stockmann.
5. In Act I Scene 2, Peter accuses Tom of _______ the situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tom in Act I Scene 1, the report confirms that the water contains what?
2. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
3. Who sent Tom a letter in Act I Scene 1?
4. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
5. How old is Ejlif?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)