|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act I Scene 2, Peter tells Tom that he is concerned about his what?
2. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad refers to the situation as what and plans to portray it as such in the newspaper?
(a) A joke.
(b) A scandal.
(c) An epidemic.
(d) Very interesting.
3. In Act I Scene 2, Hovstad claims to have been what his entire life?
(c) A bird watcher.
(d) An underdog.
4. Who is the protagonist in "An Enemy of the People"?
(a) Catherine Stockmann.
(b) Tom Stockmann.
(c) Peter Stockmann.
(d) Petra Stockmann.
5. Tom leaves the office after speaking with Hovstad in Act II Scene 1 because who is waiting for him?
(b) A patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of Tom Stockmann's eldest child?
2. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
3. In Act II Scene 1, Catherine lashes out at Hovstad for being what?
4. When the boys come home from school and sense that their parents are in the middle of a conflict in Act I Scene 2, Tom tells them that he will be teaching them what?
5. Kirsten Springs Institute is what type of corporation?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)