Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tom insists that Hovstad wait to print the report in the paper until what in Act I Scene 2?
(a) The next day.
(b) A second sample is tested.
(c) He talks to Peter.
(d) He informs the city council.
2. Hovstad mentions to the mayor in Act I Scene 1 that the newspaper was running an article written by whom?
3. What is the name of the newly constructed medicinal bath center just on the outskirts of the town?
(a) Karney Springs.
(b) Kirsten Springs.
(c) Karma Springs.
(d) Killroy Springs.
4. What slang term used by Billings refers to someone who is cowardly or afraid?
5. Peter claims in Act I, Scene 1 that while Tom has lots of good ideas, it takes a person like himself to do what?
(a) Put them into action.
(b) Critique them.
(c) Fine tune them.
(d) Filter out the bad ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tom surprised to see leaning against the table in the office in Act II Scene 1?
2. In Act II Scene 1, Peter points out to Aslaksen that the community will be what if the water system is dismantled and rebuilt?
3. Where is Tom employed as an adviser?
4. In the beginning of Act II Scene 1, Hovstad comments that even who will be rebelling if the Mayor rejects the report that calls for reconstruction of the water supply system?
5. What aspect of a water system overhaul does Peter accuse Tom of overlooking in Act I Scene 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)