* Mr. Kill has stopped by the home of his daughter, Catherine Stockmann, who is married to Dr. Tom Stockmann.
* Mr. Billing, an assistant editor of The People's Daily Messenger, is urging Mr. Kill to stay for dinner but Kill insists he can't stay.
* While Kill is preparing to leave, Peter Stockmann, Tom's brother and Mayor of the town, stops by, followed by Mr. Hovstad who is the editor of the The People's Daily Messenger.
* The Mayor and Hovstad discuss the proposed newly constructed Kirsten Springs located on the outskirts of the town.
* These springs, the Mayor, boasts, will be as popular as those in Carlsbad.
* Unemployment will no longer be a problem, revenues will flow into the city coffers, real estate will be more valuable and business will be humming.
* Hovstad mentions that his newspaper was running an article written by Tom early on recommending...
This section contains 2,438 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)