|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sprains an ankle at the football match?
2. According to Stella, what did Dawn speak of earlier in the day that she disappeared?
3. What kind of background does Bunny come from?
4. What does Hilary do once receiving Meredith's telegram?
5. Who tells Stella that everyone has to get over unpleasant experiences?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening with Richard during the rehearsals in Chapter 7 for the third play of the book?
2. What impact on the production has O'Hara made playing his role in the play?
3. Why does Stella not wear the coat that Lily got her?
4. What does Stella say that she does to practice for bad situations?
5. What new job has Meredith given Stella in Chapter 6, and what is so funny about it?
6. Where does O'Hara stay while in Liverpool?
7. What new production in Chapter 6 is the theater going to be putting on, and what role was Stella given?
8. What two injuries occur during the football match?
9. What is going on with Stella's health in Chapter 7?
10. Why does Dawn give Bunny an envelope at the train station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe what O'Hara's need to stay in his old room symbolizes. How does almost everything having to do with O'Hara involve the theme that history has a nasty habit of repeating itself.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Meredith and Stella's characters. Be sure to discuss both of these characters actions and their attitudes about themselves and others.
Essay Topic 3
Did starting the book with a flash-forward add to the quality of the book or inhibit it? What are the benefits, as the reader, to having the information from the flash-forward? What are the drawbacks to being given the flash-forward?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)