|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stella, what did Dawn speak of earlier in the day that she disappeared?
2. Who asks Stella to dance at the after-party?
3. How does Geoffrey feel about Stella's part?
4. Where is the reporter from that will interview Stella?
5. What new production is the company preparing in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two questions that Lily asks Stella, which leads to Stella telling her to shut up?
2. Where does Uncle Vernon get invited to three days before Christmas, and who invites him?
3. What does Stella say that she does to practice for bad situations?
4. Who is not feeling festive with Christmas approaching and why?
5. Where does O'Hara stay while in Liverpool?
6. Why does Dawn give Bunny an envelope at the train station?
7. What has happened since Hilary received Meredith's telegram?
8. Where is Dawn found after disappearing and what has happened to her?
9. What is Stella's new role for the third play put on in the book?
10. How does Stella feel about going to the after-party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author foreshadow Stella's phone call at the end of the book? Include how it is set up and ultimately how it ends.
Essay Topic 2
How has the war physically and emotionally wounded the people of Liverpool? Draw specific examples from the book including the stories that Stella tells about the men from the boarding house.
Essay Topic 3
There are many suggestions of Geoffrey's attraction to Meredith and Meredith's mean treatment of the young man. Tell about both of these instances by giving specific examples from the book.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)