|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geoffrey say about Meredith to Stella in Chapter 8?
2. What does Rose find in Stella's ankle sock?
3. Where is Meredith from?
4. Why does Stella miss a rehearsal after going on an errand with Geoffrey?
5. Which cast is the company playing a football game against?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stella not wear the coat that Lily got her?
2. What does Geoffrey say to Meredith at the after-party regarding how he is feeling about their relationship?
3. What has happened since Hilary received Meredith's telegram?
4. Why does Dawn give Bunny an envelope at the train station?
5. What are the two questions that Lily asks Stella, which leads to Stella telling her to shut up?
6. What does Richard think about the situation with Dawn?
7. What does Stella learn about Meredith and Bunny's true backgrounds?
8. What two injuries occur during the football match?
9. What does Stella say that she does to practice for bad situations?
10. What is the third production in the book that the company will put on, and who will play the lead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Did starting the book with a flash-forward add to the quality of the book or inhibit it? What are the benefits, as the reader, to having the information from the flash-forward? What are the drawbacks to being given the flash-forward?
Essay Topic 2
For most of the book Stella has not been a particularly sympathetic protagonist. At what point does this change for the reader and does the reader's heart go out to the emotionally damaged young woman? What causes this change?
Essay Topic 3
Stella remains unattached and unemotional about most major events in her life. Cite specific examples from the book that tell of these events.
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)