|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Stella and takes her to the after-party?
2. How does Stella feel after seeing tears in Lily's eyes?
3. What does Stella say frightens her?
4. Why does Stella miss a rehearsal after going on an errand with Geoffrey?
5. What part was Stella given in the new production?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard think about the situation with Dawn?
2. What does Stella learn about Meredith and Bunny's true backgrounds?
3. What is happening with Richard during the rehearsals in Chapter 7 for the third play of the book?
4. Who is not feeling festive with Christmas approaching and why?
5. Where does O'Hara stay while in Liverpool?
6. How does Stella feel about going to the after-party?
7. Why does Dawn give Bunny an envelope at the train station?
8. What does Geoffrey say to Meredith at the after-party regarding how he is feeling about their relationship?
9. What is the third production in the book that the company will put on, and who will play the lead?
10. What new job has Meredith given Stella in Chapter 6, and what is so funny about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Because Stella was betrayed and deserted by her mother at such a young age, she has developed a thick layer of emotional protection. She does have moments of weakness in the book and shows her emotional side. Tell of these times of weakness that Stella has.
Essay Topic 2
Did starting the book with a flash-forward add to the quality of the book or inhibit it? What are the benefits, as the reader, to having the information from the flash-forward? What are the drawbacks to being given the flash-forward?
Essay Topic 3
There are many suggestions of Geoffrey's attraction to Meredith and Meredith's mean treatment of the young man. Tell about both of these instances by giving specific examples from the book.
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)