|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Stella invited to go to with the company in Chapter 10?
2. What does Meredith tell Rose about Stella when asked?
3. In Chapter 7, rehearsals begin for the third play in the book; which play is it?
4. What does Stella drink at the after-party?
5. What kind of background does Bunny come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new job has Meredith given Stella in Chapter 6, and what is so funny about it?
2. What is going on with Stella's health in Chapter 7?
3. What has happened since Hilary received Meredith's telegram?
4. Where is Dawn found after disappearing and what has happened to her?
5. Who is not feeling festive with Christmas approaching and why?
6. Why does Stella not wear the coat that Lily got her?
7. Where does O'Hara stay while in Liverpool?
8. What does Geoffrey say to Meredith at the after-party regarding how he is feeling about their relationship?
9. How does Stella feel after upsetting Lily and what does she do about it?
10. What does Stella learn about Meredith and Bunny's true backgrounds?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author foreshadow Stella's phone call at the end of the book? Include how it is set up and ultimately how it ends.
Essay Topic 2
Uncle Vernon understands Stella better then anyone else in the book. Write about the ways that only Uncle Vernon understands Stella. Use specific examples from the book to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
There are many suggestions of Geoffrey's attraction to Meredith and Meredith's mean treatment of the young man. Tell about both of these instances by giving specific examples from the book.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)