|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believes that the theater will be a perfect outlet for Stella?
2. Where is Stella waiting at the beginning of the book?
3. What is Stella told about backing out of the audition?
4. What is the name of the leading man?
5. At the beginning of the book what is the only thing sitting in the theater chairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Harbour contribute to the fourth chapter?
2. What actions will Rose take at the end of Chapter 0?
3. What does Rose tell Meredith about Stella at the beginning of the book?
4. Why is Richard feeling uncomfortable with Dawn?
5. What is the relationship between Stella and Geoffrey?
6. How does Stella try to defend herself to Meredith at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Stella do with Meredith's note?
8. What special directions does Meredith give Stella at the rehearsal in Chapter 4?
9. Where do Meredith, Bunny, and Stella go for tea and what happens when they get there?
10. Give a brief description of Geoffrey.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The teddy bear left in the empty theater seat during the flash-forward has multiple symbolic meanings. The reader is not aware of all of the meanings until the end of the book. Write about all the different symbolic meanings that the teddy bear carries.
Essay Topic 2
For most of the book Stella has not been a particularly sympathetic protagonist. At what point does this change for the reader and does the reader's heart go out to the emotionally damaged young woman? What causes this change?
Essay Topic 3
Bunny starts covering things up for the actors right from the beginning of the book in the flash-forward. This seems to be the only job responsibility that Bunny has with his job. Analyze the different situations that Bunny helps cover up in the book and tell why having a person perform Bunny's job would be an asset to a production company.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)