|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Meredith what is wrong after his phone call?
(a) The manager.
(b) The director.
(c) The landlord's wife.
(d) A lady standing nearby.
2. How does Stella feel about Meredith being away when she arrives at the theater?
3. Why is Meredith away when Stella arrives at the theater?
(a) He is looking for costumes.
(b) He had a death in the family.
(c) He is shopping for props.
(d) He is interviewing a new director.
4. Who has Stella spent extra time with to prepare for her audition?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her drama coach.
(d) Uncle Vernon.
5. What does Stella use her bathroom mirror for?
(a) Practicing her facial expressions.
(b) Rehearsing the lines of the play.
(c) Practicing how she will talk to Meredith.
(d) Practicing talking to Geoffrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the characters go to get tea?
2. What is one of the two things that Stella says to defend herself?
3. Where does Stella find Uncle Vernon sleeping at the end of Chapter 3?
4. How does Uncle Vernon feel about not going to Stella's audition?
5. Who are the three men dressed in black who enter the auditorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Meredith, Bunny, and Stella go for tea and what happens when they get there?
2. What does Meredith ask Stella when she hands him his sandwich?
3. What does Meredith do during Stella's audition?
4. What does Stella do with Meredith's note?
5. What does Stella do after her bath in Chapter 3?
6. Give a brief description of Geoffrey.
7. How does opening night go for the first production in the book?
8. How does Uncle Vernon feel about not going to Stella's audition?
9. What special directions does Meredith give Stella at the rehearsal in Chapter 4?
10. What is going on in the theater when the book begins?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)