|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stella say to achieve an audience for her audition?
(a) "I won't disappoint you."
(b) "I'm exactly on time."
(c) "I'm the best."
(d) "This is the only time that I can audition."
2. Who is concerned about the Board?
3. Who gets Stella an audition with the local repertory theater?
(a) Uncle Vernon.
(b) Her father.
4. What is Stella's job during rehearsals?
(a) Script prompter.
(b) Costume designer.
(d) Prop designer.
5. Where is Stella's real home?
(a) The theater.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The tea cafe.
(d) The pub.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stella's audition end?
2. How does Stella speak to Uncle Vernon?
3. Once the actors reach the stage, what happens?
4. Who is walking out of the theater door as Stella is walking in?
5. What does Meredith do while Stella is auditioning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stella demand attention from the men of the theater, and where do they take her for the audition?
2. Describe Stella's actions that make her a good candidate for the theater?
3. What does Stella do to prepare for her auditions?
4. Who are the two men departing the theater as Stella arrives and where are they going?
5. What is Meredith doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. What does Stella do with Meredith's note?
7. What is the relationship between Stella and Geoffrey?
8. What does John Harbour contribute to the fourth chapter?
9. What does Meredith ask Stella when she hands him his sandwich?
10. How does Stella try to defend herself to Meredith at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)