|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are all eyes on Meredith at the cafe?
(a) He smells funny.
(b) He is dressed weird.
(c) He is a local celebrity.
(d) He has funny looking hair.
2. Where is Meredith when Stella arrives at the theater?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Why doesn't Uncle Vernon go to the audition with Stella?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He doesn't want to go.
(c) He forgets.
(d) Stella won't let Uncle Vernon come.
4. How does Stella get to her audition?
(a) The staff from the theater comes and picks her up.
(b) She walks.
(d) Lily drives her.
5. How old is Stella in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cafe manager offer to Meredith?
2. Who has Stella spent extra time with to prepare for her audition?
3. What specific direction does Meredith give to Stella in Chapter 4?
4. Once the actors reach the stage, what happens?
5. How does Stella deliver her audition piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stella do with Meredith's note?
2. What does Meredith do during Stella's audition?
3. What does Meredith ask Stella when she hands him his sandwich?
4. Describe Stella's actions that make her a good candidate for the theater?
5. What are Stella's jobs for the production?
6. What special directions does Meredith give Stella at the rehearsal in Chapter 4?
7. What happens with Stella at rehearsals, as seen in Chapter 4?
8. When do the actors have access to the stage and what is wrong with it?
9. What does Stella realize about the theater in the fifth chapter?
10. What is Meredith doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)