|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Meredith looking for at the beginning of the play?
2. What is the name of Stella's audition piece?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) Caesar and Cleopatra.
(c) Treasure Island.
(d) Bill of Divorcement.
3. Why does Stella not remove her coat at the cafe?
(a) She plans to leave soon.
(b) She is ashamed of her dress.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She likes her coat.
4. Who has shown a flare for the dramatic since they were small?
5. What is Stella displeased about when she starts her work at the theater?
(a) That she doesn't like it.
(b) That the food they bring in doesn't taste good.
(c) That the work days are too long.
(d) That she is not the only apprentice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stella get to the post office?
2. Once the actors reach the stage, what happens?
3. What happened to the note?
4. Who does Stella announce herself to once she arrives at the theater?
5. How does Uncle Vernon feel about not going to Stella's audition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Meredith, Bunny, and Stella go for tea and what happens when they get there?
2. What is Meredith expecting as he looks out toward the empty seats of the theater?
3. What is going on in the theater when the book begins?
4. Describe Stella's actions that make her a good candidate for the theater?
5. What happens when Stella first arrives at the theater?
6. How does Stella demand attention from the men of the theater, and where do they take her for the audition?
7. What does Stella do with Meredith's note?
8. What is the relationship between Stella and Geoffrey?
9. What special directions does Meredith give Stella at the rehearsal in Chapter 4?
10. What response does Meredith receive from the people at the cafe?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)