|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stella's real home?
(a) The theater.
(b) The hotel.
(c) The pub.
(d) The tea cafe.
2. What has Uncle Vernon done for Stella in Chapter 5?
(a) Waited up and gave her a car.
(b) He bought her flowers.
(c) Waited up and kept her dinner warm.
(d) He bought her a diamond ring.
3. Who stands quietly together gazing out the window?
(a) Rose and Meredith.
(b) Stella and Uncle Vernon.
(c) Stella and Meredith.
(d) Lily and Uncle Vernon.
4. Where is Stella taken once she arrives at the theater?
(b) On stage.
(c) Prop room.
(d) To the office.
5. At the beginning of the book what is the only thing sitting in the theater chairs?
(b) A teddy bear.
(c) A little girl.
(d) A little boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the note last?
2. What is the name of the person that Meredith was trying to contact in Chapter 4?
3. Who asks Meredith what is wrong after his phone call?
4. Who is Meredith looking for at the beginning of the play?
5. How old is Geoffrey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Stella's jobs for the production?
2. Why is Richard feeling uncomfortable with Dawn?
3. What is Meredith doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. How does Uncle Vernon feel about not going to Stella's audition?
5. What happens ten days before Stella's audition, and what does Uncle Vernon do in response?
6. Why does Meredith bring up the note?
7. What does Rose tell Meredith about Stella at the beginning of the book?
8. Why is Stella displeased when she begins her work at the theater?
9. What does Stella do to prepare for her auditions?
10. What response does Meredith receive from the people at the cafe?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)