|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meredith do immediately following his phone call?
(a) He goes to use the restroom.
(b) He attends a party.
(c) Thumps his fist against the phone.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. What is the name of Stella's drama coach?
(a) Mrs. Ackerley.
3. Who has Stella spent extra time with to prepare for her audition?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Uncle Vernon.
(d) Her drama coach.
4. What position does George hold?
(a) Costume Designer.
(d) Property Master.
5. How does Stella's audition end?
(a) She forgets her lines.
(b) Meredith interrupts her.
(c) She starts to cry.
(d) One of the props falls on stage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to a phone booth?
2. What is the problem the cast finds once arriving at the stage?
3. Where is Stella's real home?
4. Who is Meredith looking for at the beginning of the play?
5. What is a mystery about Geoffrey to Stella?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stella demand attention from the men of the theater, and where do they take her for the audition?
2. What does Stella do to prepare for her auditions?
3. Where do Meredith, Bunny, and Stella go for tea and what happens when they get there?
4. How does Stella try to defend herself to Meredith at the beginning of the book?
5. What actions will Rose take at the end of Chapter 0?
6. What response does Meredith receive from the people at the cafe?
7. What does Meredith do during Stella's audition?
8. Why does Uncle Vernon not go to Stella's audition?
9. Why is Stella displeased when she begins her work at the theater?
10. Why is Richard feeling uncomfortable with Dawn?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)