|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Meredith make phone calls in Chapter 4?
(a) Before and after breakfast.
(b) Before and after dinner.
(c) Before and after lunch.
(d) He doesn't make phone calls.
2. How does Stella speak to Uncle Vernon?
3. Stella often has which of these?
(a) Fits of rage.
(b) Flights of fantasy.
(c) Sneezing attacks.
(d) Coughing attacks.
4. Once the actors reach the stage, what happens?
(a) They become more confident.
(b) They start to fight.
(c) They forget their lines.
(d) They start the repairs.
5. Where do the characters go to get tea?
(a) Tom's Cafe.
(b) Teddy's Cafe.
(c) Frank's Cafe.
(d) Fuller's Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the cafe manager offer to Meredith?
2. What does Stella use her bathroom mirror for?
3. Who is Stella waiting for at the beginning of the book?
4. Who believes that the theater will be a perfect outlet for Stella?
5. Who has shown a flare for the dramatic since they were small?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions will Rose take at the end of Chapter 0?
2. What does the book say that Meredith intends to write to Hilary?
3. What does Meredith ask Stella when she hands him his sandwich?
4. Who is George and what is his assignment?
5. What does Stella do when arriving home from her date with Geoffrey?
6. What is Meredith doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
7. What happens ten days before Stella's audition, and what does Uncle Vernon do in response?
8. Why does Uncle Vernon not go to Stella's audition?
9. What is Meredith expecting as he looks out toward the empty seats of the theater?
10. How does Stella demand attention from the men of the theater, and where do they take her for the audition?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)