|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is walking out of the theater door as Stella is walking in?
(a) Two men.
(b) Two women.
(c) A man.
(d) A woman.
2. How does Stella deliver her audition piece?
3. What is the name of the person that Meredith was trying to contact in Chapter 4?
(d) Uncle Vernon.
4. How does Stella speak to Uncle Vernon?
5. What room in the hotel are rehearsals held?
(c) Private function room.
(d) Hotel room.
6. When Stella returns home from her night with Geoffrey what does she do?
(a) Goes to the phone booth to call her mother.
(b) Tells Lily all about it.
(c) Goes straight to sleep.
(d) Demands a bath.
7. How do the actors look in their stage makeup?
(a) Bad and depressed.
(b) Older and darker.
(c) Younger and brighter.
(d) Quirky and fun.
8. Where is Meredith when Stella arrives at the theater?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
9. At what time is Stella sent for sandwiches in Chapter 5?
(a) 7:00 a.m.
(b) 1:00 p.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 7:00 p.m.
10. What is Bunny's position title?
(b) Costume Designer.
(c) Stage Manager.
11. Which word describes the theater during the opening of the book?
12. Once the actors reach the stage, what happens?
(a) They become more confident.
(b) They start to fight.
(c) They forget their lines.
(d) They start the repairs.
13. Where is Stella taken once she arrives at the theater?
(a) To the office.
(b) Prop room.
(d) On stage.
14. How does Uncle Vernon feel about not going to Stella's audition?
(a) He is used to it.
(b) He is sick so it doesn't matter.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is sad.
15. Where is Stella's real home?
(a) The tea cafe.
(b) The pub.
(c) The hotel.
(d) The theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bunny gently chide Meredith about?
2. What is the problem the cast finds once arriving at the stage?
3. Where is Stella waiting at the beginning of the book?
4. Who is Stella supposed to report to when the season starts?
5. How does Stella's audition end?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)