|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is walking out of the theater door as Stella is walking in?
(a) Two men.
(b) A man.
(c) A woman.
(d) Two women.
2. Who has shown a flare for the dramatic since they were small?
3. What is Rose doing about the problem they find at the stage in Chapter 5?
(a) She is having the actors make the repairs.
(b) Suing the builders.
(c) She has hired someone to fix it.
4. Why doesn't Uncle Vernon go to the audition with Stella?
(a) He doesn't want to go.
(b) He forgets.
(c) Stella won't let Uncle Vernon come.
(d) He is sick.
5. What is the problem the cast finds once arriving at the stage?
(a) The audience chairs are not installed yet.
(b) There is a leak in the roof.
(c) The proper lights have not been hung.
(d) The floor has a hole in it.
6. Where do the characters go to get tea?
(a) Tom's Cafe.
(b) Fuller's Cafe.
(c) Teddy's Cafe.
(d) Frank's Cafe.
7. Who walks across the stage and looks out into the empty seats at the beginning of the book?
8. Who gets Stella an audition with the local repertory theater?
(a) Her father.
(b) Uncle Vernon.
9. What has Uncle Vernon done for Stella in Chapter 5?
(a) He bought her a diamond ring.
(b) Waited up and kept her dinner warm.
(c) Waited up and gave her a car.
(d) He bought her flowers.
10. How does Stella's family feel about Catholics?
(a) They are catholics themselves.
(b) Very strong negative opinions of catholics.
(c) They wish that they were catholics.
(d) Not catholic but open to catholic beliefs.
11. Where does Stella find Uncle Vernon sleeping at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In his bed.
(c) In her bed.
(d) His favorite chair.
12. What is the name of Stella's audition piece?
(a) Caesar and Cleopatra.
(b) Bill of Divorcement.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) Treasure Island.
13. What specific direction does Meredith give to Stella in Chapter 4?
(a) Not to rush delivery.
(b) Not to waste a moment.
(c) Not to change a word.
(d) To stop and see if Bunny needs anything.
14. What is the name of the other apprentice?
15. Who expresses their enthusiasm about their first professional opportunity to Meredith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meredith upset about in Chapter 4?
2. Who believes that the theater will be a perfect outlet for Stella?
3. Where is Stella taken once she arrives at the theater?
4. How do the actors look in their stage makeup?
5. Why is Meredith away when Stella arrives at the theater?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)