|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Stella taken once she arrives at the theater?
(b) To the office.
(c) Prop room.
(d) On stage.
2. What is the name of Stella's audition piece?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) Caesar and Cleopatra.
(d) Bill of Divorcement.
3. How does Stella get to her audition?
(a) The staff from the theater comes and picks her up.
(c) Lily drives her.
(d) She walks.
4. Why is Meredith away when Stella arrives at the theater?
(a) He is looking for costumes.
(b) He is shopping for props.
(c) He had a death in the family.
(d) He is interviewing a new director.
5. What does Meredith ask Stella when she hands him his sandwich?
(a) Her opinion of the play.
(b) Why she likes him.
(c) What time it is.
(d) Where Uncle Vernon is.
6. What is Bunny's position title?
(b) Stage Manager.
(d) Costume Designer.
7. What is Stella told about backing out of the audition?
(a) It's too late to back out.
(b) She will regret it.
(c) She can back out if she wants to.
(d) Her family will be disappointed.
8. Who is Stella supposed to report to when the season starts?
9. Who does Meredith tell that no excuses will do?
10. Who walks across the stage and looks out into the empty seats at the beginning of the book?
11. What is a mystery about Geoffrey to Stella?
(a) His sense of humor.
(b) His accent.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His sophisticated words.
12. Who gets Stella an audition with the local repertory theater?
(b) Her father.
(d) Uncle Vernon.
13. What does Meredith do while Stella is auditioning?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He laughs out loud at her.
(c) Leaves to use the restroom.
(d) Takes out his pocket watch to show Bunny the time.
14. What is one of the names of the two men introduced in Chapter 2?
(d) Uncle Vernon.
15. What has Uncle Vernon done for Stella in Chapter 5?
(a) Waited up and gave her a car.
(b) He bought her flowers.
(c) Waited up and kept her dinner warm.
(d) He bought her a diamond ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Vernon do as Stella is pulling away for her audition?
2. What does Geoffrey do to show his interest in Stella?
3. What is the other man's name who is introduced in Chapter 2?
4. Who asks if the note sheds any light on what happens?
5. Who has Stella spent extra time with to prepare for her audition?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)