• At the opening of the book, the show is over and the theater is quiet.
• There is only a deserted teddy bear still in its chair.
• Meredith tells Stella that no excuses will do for what she has done.
• Stella tries to defend herself, saying that she is too young to carry the burden of blame and that she is not the only one at fault.
• Meredith goes looking for Rose.
• Rose reminds Meredith of Stella's youth and tells him that he shouldn't be so hard on her.
• Meredith asks if the note sheds any light on what has happened.
• Bunny burned the note.
• Rose deals with the Board and leaks the incident to the papers.
• Uncle Vernon has worked hard and pulled strings to get Stella an audition with the local repertory theater.
• Since she was a child, Stella has shown a flare for the...
This section contains 1,290 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)