|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gandhi's group loose their funding?
2. What cause does Gandhi take on in India after his ten-year absence?
3. What is one of Gandhi's dietary practices at Tolstoy Farm?
4. What does Mr. Polak give to Gandhi before he boards the train to return to Durban?
5. What is Gandhi's philosophy to exposing children to those who are less desirable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What dietary experiments does Gandhi undertake at Tolstoy Farms?
2. What term does Gandhi's group coin at the Phoenix Settlement and what does it mean?
3. What is Gandhi's position on the Khilafat question?
4. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
5. What is one of Gandhi's ceaseless efforts?
6. What happens as a result of Gandhi's practice of fasting?
7. What is known as Gandhi's Himalayan miscalculation?
8. What cause does Gandhi undertake after he returns to India following a ten-year absence?
9. What does Gandhi do in an attempt to recover from pleurisy?
10. What happens when Gandhi travels to Amristar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is passivity so effective in a society that is action-focused? Is passivity a form of action? Use examples in My Experiments with Truth to formulate your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What were Gandhi's beliefs about forming close friendships? Why did he hold these beliefs and how did they benefit or hurt him? Please provide examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relation between Gandhi's practices and political philosophy? Can the two concepts stand separately in Gandhi's mind? Why or why not? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)