|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Polak give to Gandhi before he boards the train to return to Durban?
2. What movement does Gandhi become involved in at the World War One conference in Delhi?
3. Why is Gandhi unable to stay in Bihar after his work is completed?
4. What is the name Gandhi's group coins for their passive resistance movement?
5. Why does Gandhi's autobiography end in 1921?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
2. What is the Khadi Movement?
3. Why does Gandhi buy land in Phoenix?
4. What cause does Gandhi undertake after he returns to India following a ten-year absence?
5. What is the reaction of the Servants of India Society when Gandhi wants to join the organization?
6. What does Gandhi's group do while living in the rented house in Motihari?
7. While in prison in 1908 what other dietary practices does Gandhi adopt?
8. What is one of Gandhi's ceaseless efforts?
9. What term does Gandhi's group coin at the Phoenix Settlement and what does it mean?
10. What happens when Gandhi travels to Amristar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of Gandhi's autobiography is My Experiments with Truth. Does it seem like he considers himself a human experiment and his autobiography is his lab notes? Did it appear that he hoped other people would replicate his experiments or replicate his findings? Support your answers with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How did Gandhi use fasting as a form of political activism? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What does Gandhi conclude about truth at the end of his experiments with truth? What experiences did Gandhi have that led him to that conclusion? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)