|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gandhi suggest a general hartal in April 6, 1919?
2. Who is learning the printing business on the Phoenix settlement?
3. Who travels with the Gandhi family after they leave South Africa during World War One?
4. What is NOT a new dietary practice while Gandhi is in prison in 1908?
5. What have Gandhi's experiments provided him with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gandhi's position on the Khilafat question?
2. What is Gandhi's rationale for assisting the British During World War I?
3. What resolution is proposed in March 1916?
4. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
5. What is wrong with Gandhi's son when he arrives in South Africa after Gandhi sends for his family?
6. What happens as a result of Gandhi's practice of fasting?
7. What happens as a result of the black plague outbreak in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
8. What is the Khadi Movement?
9. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
10. What role does Gandhi take with children at the Tolstoy Farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Gandhi conclude about truth at the end of his experiments with truth? What experiences did Gandhi have that led him to that conclusion? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Gandhi once said, "men say I am a saint losing himself in politics. The fact is that I am a politician trying my hardest to become a saint." Do you see Gandhi exemplifying this quote in My Experiments with Truth? Why or why not? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Was Gandhi being inconsistent when he chose to support the British in two wars? Was his support during two wars inconsistent with Gandhi's philosophy on non-violence? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)