|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is NOT one of the things Gandhi's group does when living at the rented house in Motihari?
2. What may happen as a result of Gandhi's fasting in South Africa?
3. Why is Gandhi unable to travel to Punjab?
4. What role does Gandhi take at Tolstoy Farm?
5. What do the planters do to Gandhi's group after their case is thrown out of court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Gandhi attends a war conference?
2. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do when he returns to London from Paris?
3. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
4. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
5. What dietary experiments does Gandhi undertake at Tolstoy Farms?
6. What is the tinkathia system and what happens when Gandhi's group opposes it?
7. What does Gandhi do at Ahmedabad?
8. What is the Khadi Movement?
9. What happens as a result of the black plague outbreak in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
10. What role does Gandhi take with children at the Tolstoy Farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Gandhi consider brahmacharya, vegetarianism, and abstaining from alcohol or tobacco essential to serving humanity? Why did Gandhi choose to express his religious practices publicly instead of focusing inward on religious growth? Cite specific examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How did Gandhi use fasting as a form of political activism? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Was Gandhi being inconsistent when he chose to support the British in two wars? Was his support during two wars inconsistent with Gandhi's philosophy on non-violence? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)