|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concern when Gandhi wants to join the Servants of India Society?
2. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
3. What is the purpose of the All-India Congress Committee in Calcutta in 1920?
4. What does Gandhi observe while traveling to Rangoon with his son, Ramdas?
5. What basis does Gandhi give for his refusal to follow doctor's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gandhi's position on the Khilafat question?
2. What does Gandhi do in an attempt to recover from pleurisy?
3. What is the tinkathia system and what happens when Gandhi's group opposes it?
4. What happens in Ahmedabad when Gandhi's suggestion of arbitration for workers wages is rejected?
5. What does Gandhi's group do while living in the rented house in Motihari?
6. What is the Khadi Movement?
7. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
8. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do when he returns to London from Paris?
9. What is Gandhi's rationale for assisting the British During World War I?
10. What is Mr. Polak's relationship with Gandhi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gandhi refused to eat meat, even at risk to his life. Why did Gandhi take this position? Did he feel it was extreme? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How did Gandhi use fasting as a form of political activism? Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why did Gandhi consider brahmacharya, vegetarianism, and abstaining from alcohol or tobacco essential to serving humanity? Why did Gandhi choose to express his religious practices publicly instead of focusing inward on religious growth? Cite specific examples from the book.
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)