|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What agreement does Gandhi refuse to make with the Inspector of Police from Lahore?
(a) To keep a low profile if he visits the region.
(b) To call off the hartal.
(c) To send a representative in his place.
(d) To return to Bombay on his own and agree not to return.
2. What happens to the Indian community in Great Britain after Gandhi leaves?
(a) The community solidifies.
(b) There is a split in the Indian corps over who they receive orders from.
(c) They begin fasting.
(d) They present their own list of demands to the British government.
3. Who is learning the printing business on the Phoenix settlement?
(a) Parsi Rustomji.
(b) Mr. Polak.
(c) Adamji Miyakham.
(d) Maganlal Gandhi.
4. What is different about the Kheda Satyagraha struggle than the other causes?
(a) The government is not involved.
(b) Gandhi fasts.
(c) It is the most successful campaign.
(d) It is covered by the press.
5. What does Gandhi do after he arrives at Shantiniketan?
(a) He sells the livestock.
(b) He starts holding public meetings.
(c) He invites more people to live there.
(d) He fires the cooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Ice Doctor?
2. What does Gandhi do during a strike in the mills?
3. What is the tinkathia system?
4. What does Gandhi do with the money of the people who live in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
5. Who coins the name for the passive resistance movement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Polak's relationship with Gandhi?
2. What happens as a result of the black plague outbreak in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
3. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do when he returns to London from Paris?
4. What is the tinkathia system and what happens when Gandhi's group opposes it?
5. What happens in Ahmedabad when Gandhi's suggestion of arbitration for workers wages is rejected?
6. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
7. What resolution is proposed in March 1916?
8. What term does Gandhi's group coin at the Phoenix Settlement and what does it mean?
9. What is the Kheda Satyagraha struggle?
10. What cause does Gandhi undertake after he returns to India following a ten-year absence?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)