|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gokhale's reaction to Gandhi continuing his dietary practices?
(a) He throws a fit.
(b) He adopts some of Gandhi's practices.
(c) He praises him.
(d) He leaves for India.
2. What does Gandhi promise the governor after their meeting in Bombay?
(a) That he will continue working toward Indian independence.
(b) To keep the governor informed of any protest.
(c) To stay out of trouble.
(d) That Gandhi will assist him with a cabinet appointment.
3. Who coins the name for the passive resistance movement?
(a) Mahatma Gandhi.
(c) Maganlal Gandhi.
(d) Mr. Polak.
4. How do children learn best in Gandhi's philosophy?
(a) By rote memory.
(b) By following their role models.
(c) By reading the works of spirtual leaders and philosophers.
(d) Through experience.
5. What do the planters do to Gandhi's group after their case is thrown out of court?
(a) Smear their characters.
(b) Run them out of town.
(c) Write articles for newspapers that highlight their complaints.
(d) Burn their residences where they are staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have Gandhi's experiments provided him with?
2. What is the concern when Gandhi wants to join the Servants of India Society?
3. What does Gandhi have Kasturbai omit from her diet?
4. What is the tinkathia system?
5. Why does Gandhi offer the services of the Indian Ambulance Corps the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. While in prison in 1908 what other dietary practices does Gandhi adopt?
2. What happens in Ahmedabad when Gandhi's suggestion of arbitration for workers wages is rejected?
3. What happens as a result of the black plague outbreak in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
4. What is Gandhi's rationale for assisting the British During World War I?
5. What is the tinkathia system and what happens when Gandhi's group opposes it?
6. What does Gandhi do at Ahmedabad?
7. What does Gandhi's group do while living in the rented house in Motihari?
8. What happens when Gandhi attends a war conference?
9. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
10. What happens when Gandhi travels to Amristar?
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)