|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gokhale's reaction to Gandhi continuing his dietary practices?
(a) He throws a fit.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He adopts some of Gandhi's practices.
(d) He leaves for India.
2. Who travels with the Gandhi family after they leave South Africa during World War One?
(d) Mr. Polak.
3. What is the final government action in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
(a) It is emptied out and burned.
(b) There is an order for the district to be resettled by Boers.
(c) It becomes an independent district.
(d) It is rehabilitated.
4. Who does Gandhi qualify as an attorney to help out at the office?
(a) Maganlal Gandhi.
(b) Mr. Chamberlain.
(c) Mr. Polak.
(d) Mr. West.
5. Why does Gandhi suggest a general hartal in April 6, 1919?
(a) To oppose the Rowlatt Bill.
(b) To oppose British rule.
(c) To oppose World War One.
(d) To oppose a tax on Indian manufactured goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandhi send to Durban to take over the newspaper?
2. What happens while Gandhi is opposing the tinkathia system?
3. What happens as a result of Gandhi's efforts in Bihar?
4. What type of doctor does Gandhi call in to assist with his recovery from pleurisy?
5. What happens to the Indian community in Great Britain after Gandhi leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Gandhi's actions during the mill strike?
2. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
3. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do when he returns to London from Paris?
4. What is the Khadi Movement?
5. What resolution is proposed in March 1916?
6. What happens as a result of Gandhi's practice of fasting?
7. What happens when Gandhi travels to Amristar?
8. What is the tinkathia system and what happens when Gandhi's group opposes it?
9. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
10. What dietary experiments does Gandhi undertake at Tolstoy Farms?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)