|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Gandhi is opposing the tinkathia system?
(a) Gandhi is served and ordered to leave Bihar.
(b) He has words with the governor.
(c) He is imprisoned.
(d) Gandhi gets dysentery.
2. What does Gandhi tell the police commissioner in Ahmedabad?
(a) That there needs to be more police present at his meeting.
(b) That he needs a police escort.
(c) That he will have the people oppose corruption in his department.
(d) That martial law is not necessary.
3. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do after he returns to London from Paris?
(a) To spend more time with his family.
(b) To stop his dietary experiments.
(c) To present a list of demands to the British government.
(d) To return to South Africa
4. What is the purpose of the All-India Congress Committee in Calcutta in 1920?
(a) To develp a list of demands for the British Empire.
(b) To discuss Hindu involvement with the Khilafat Movement.
(c) To consider the non-cooperation policy against the British Empire.
(d) To organize themselves against the British Empire.
5. What is an unintended consequence of the hartal in 1919?
(a) Not many people participate.
(b) The police open fire on demonstrations in several cities.
(c) Gandhi contracts another illness.
(d) Russia supports Gandhi's efforts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gandhi and his family sail to en route to India during World War One?
2. What promise does Gandhi make to Gokhale before Gokhale's death?
3. What is different about the Kheda Satyagraha struggle than the other causes?
4. What do people blame Gandhi about?
5. Why does Gandhi's group loose their funding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gandhi think it is unnecessary to write further about his life?
2. What cause does Gandhi undertake after he returns to India following a ten-year absence?
3. What is one of Gandhi's ceaseless efforts?
4. What are Gandhi's actions during the mill strike?
5. What happens when Gandhi travels to Amristar?
6. Why does Gandhi buy land in Phoenix?
7. What term does Gandhi's group coin at the Phoenix Settlement and what does it mean?
8. What is wrong with Gandhi's son when he arrives in South Africa after Gandhi sends for his family?
9. What is the Kheda Satyagraha struggle?
10. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)