|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandhi promise the governor after their meeting in Bombay?
(a) To keep the governor informed of any protest.
(b) That Gandhi will assist him with a cabinet appointment.
(c) To stay out of trouble.
(d) That he will continue working toward Indian independence.
2. Why does Gandhi and his group travel to Gurukul?
(a) To performs acts of service.
(b) To be the guests of the Mahatma Munshiramji.
(c) To hold a public meeting
(d) To start another ashram.
3. What does Gandhi tell the police commissioner in Ahmedabad?
(a) That he will have the people oppose corruption in his department.
(b) That there needs to be more police present at his meeting.
(c) That he needs a police escort.
(d) That martial law is not necessary.
4. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do after he returns to London from Paris?
(a) To return to South Africa
(b) To stop his dietary experiments.
(c) To present a list of demands to the British government.
(d) To spend more time with his family.
5. Who partners with Gandhi in his experiments with diet?
(a) Hermann Kellenbach.
(b) Max Velthuijs.
(d) Mr. Polak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi do with the money of the people who live in the Indian district in Johannesburg?
2. What happens as a result of Gandhi's efforts in Bihar?
3. What do Gandhi and his group do at Ahmedabad?
4. How does the Kheda Satyagraha struggle end?
5. What happens when Gandhi returns to the ashram after his work in Kheda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What resolution is proposed in March 1916?
2. While in prison in 1908 what other dietary practices does Gandhi adopt?
3. What are Gandhi's actions during the mill strike?
4. Why does Gandhi buy land in Phoenix?
5. What is the Khadi Movement?
6. What happens in Ahmedabad when Gandhi's suggestion of arbitration for workers wages is rejected?
7. What does Gokhale advise Gandhi to do when he returns to London from Paris?
8. What happens as a result of Gandhi's practice of fasting?
9. What happens when Gandhi and his group oppose the Rowlatt Bill?
10. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)