|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gandhi suggest a general hartal in April 6, 1919?
(a) To oppose the Rowlatt Bill.
(b) To oppose a tax on Indian manufactured goods.
(c) To oppose British rule.
(d) To oppose World War One.
2. What is Gandhi's philosophy to exposing children to those who are less desirable?
(a) They are a bad influence on other children.
(b) The good children can positively influence the natures of the bad children.
(c) They develop a sense of empathy.
(d) That exposing children to different types of people helps to develop their character.
3. Why does Gandhi and his group travel to Gurukul?
(a) To be the guests of the Mahatma Munshiramji.
(b) To hold a public meeting
(c) To start another ashram.
(d) To performs acts of service.
4. What does Gandhi do during a strike in the mills?
(a) He makes speeches.
(b) He marches in picket lines
(c) He fasts.
(d) He travels.
5. What is Gandhi's approach to opposing the tinkathia system?
(a) To have the merchants keep more of their profits.
(b) Meeting with both farmers and tenants to learn the facts.
(c) To have Indian natives oversee the education of their children.
(d) To talk to others in India to persuade them to give the untouchables more rights.
6. What is Gandhi advised to do to help recover from pleurisy?
(a) To return to India.
(b) To take vitamins.
(c) To exercise.
(d) To drink milk.
7. What is the Kheda Satyagraha struggle?
(a) A boycott of British products.
(b) A dispute over the taxation of crops.
(c) A rule that Indians could not produce salt.
(d) A dispute over the rights of untouchables.
8. Why does Gandhi travel to Kheda after the World War One Conference?
(a) To start another settlement.
(b) To speak at a conference.
(c) To raise recruits.
(d) To observe living conditions.
9. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
(a) He promises to conform to their principles.
(b) He has a member of his group join in his place.
(c) He forms his own society.
(d) He withdraws his application.
10. Why is Gandhi unable to travel to Punjab?
(a) The viceroy will not give him permission.
(b) He is afflicted with dysentery.
(c) He does not have the proper papers.
(d) There is a plague outbreak and the area is quarantined.
11. What happens while Gandhi is opposing the tinkathia system?
(a) He is imprisoned.
(b) Gandhi gets dysentery.
(c) Gandhi is served and ordered to leave Bihar.
(d) He has words with the governor.
12. What is Gokhale's reaction to Gandhi continuing his dietary practices?
(a) He praises him.
(b) He adopts some of Gandhi's practices.
(c) He leaves for India.
(d) He throws a fit.
13. What does the education of the children NOT consist of at Tolstoy farm?
(a) Spiritual training.
(d) A trade.
14. Who does Gandhi qualify as an attorney to help out at the office?
(a) Mr. West.
(b) Mr. Polak.
(c) Mr. Chamberlain.
(d) Maganlal Gandhi.
15. What is the name Gandhi's group coins for their passive resistance movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gandhi have to return to India?
2. The quest for truth has drawn Gandhi to what field?
3. What is the Khadi Movement?
4. Why is Gandhi unable to stay in Bihar after his work is completed?
5. What practice does Gandhi not believe in when disciplining children?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)