|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 36-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He hopes for a government position in India.
(b) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(c) He thinks the British are right.
(d) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
2. Why is Gandhi called back to Durban?
(a) For the opening session of parliament.
(b) Employers are retaliating against indentured servants.
(c) There is rioting in the streets.
(d) The Indian Congress is falling apart without his presence.
3. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
(b) Personal hygiene.
4. What did the swami ask Gandhi at Gurukul?
(a) Why he does not wear the sacred threads.
(b) Why he does not join the religious order.
(c) Why his diet is so extreme.
(d) If he reads the Gita.
5. What does Gandhi tell the police commissioner in Ahmedabad?
(a) That martial law is not necessary.
(b) That he will have the people oppose corruption in his department.
(c) That there needs to be more police present at his meeting.
(d) That he needs a police escort.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi do after there is a plague outbreak in Bombay?
2. What agreement does Gandhi refuse to make with the Inspector of Police from Lahore?
3. What dietary advice written in a pamphlet does Gandhi later recant?
4. What does Mr. Polak give to Gandhi before he boards the train to return to Durban?
5. How does the Indian Congress of Natal raise funds for their cause?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)