|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 36-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gandhi send to Durban to take over the newspaper?
(a) Mr. Banker.
(b) Mr. Polak.
(c) Mr. Coates.
(d) Mr. West.
2. Which two events happen while Gandhi is in high school?
(a) Gandhi's brother drops out of school; Gandhi's mother breaks her hip.
(b) Gandhi's father dies; Kasturbai is pregnant with their first child.
(c) Gandhi's friend is arrested; Gandhi's mother dies.
(d) Gandhi's father has malaria; Kasturbai breaks her arm.
3. In what field does Gandhi's father work?
(a) In manufacturing.
(b) In law.
(c) In public service.
(d) In education.
4. What committee is formed at the Congress at Amritsar?
(a) A committee to advocate for tenants' rights.
(b) A committee to select Indian leadership.
(c) A committee to advocate for rights for the untouchables.
(d) A committee to formulate a constitution.
5. What does Gandhi attribute to the underlying cause of their argument?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) Kasturbai's disagreeable nature.
(d) Not enough food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tinkathia system?
2. Who is Balasundaram?
3. What is Gandhi's approach to opposing the tinkathia system?
4. What does Gandhi remind the Indian community in Durban after a plague outbreak?
5. What does Gandhi do during a strike in the mills?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)