|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problems does Gandhi encounter while traveling through the Transvaal?
(a) His luggage is lost.
(b) He has to travel third class.
(c) He does not have the proper permit.
(d) He is arrested for bribing an official.
2. What newspaper does Gandhi's group launch?
(a) The Gandhi Gazette.
(b) The Indian Opinion.
(c) The Hindustani Weekly Chronicle.
(d) The Durban Indian Times.
3. What is the nature of the two bills passed in the legislature upon Gandhi's return?
(a) To place a curfew on Indians; to prohibit a group of more than twelve Indians to congregate.
(b) To place a tax on Indians; to restrict Indian goods and services.
(c) To create difficulties for Indian traders; to curb Indian immigration.
(d) To restrict the import of Indian goods; to restrict the travel of Indians in South Africa.
4. What intention does Gandhi announce in Burma?
(a) That he will travel third class through India.
(b) That he will continue his practices for finding truth.
(c) That he is refraining from eating dairy products.
(d) That he will be taking a poisition in the Indian government.
5. How does Gandhi assist his brother-in-law after he takes him from Bombay to Rajkot?
(a) He nurses his sick brother-in-law.
(b) He harbors his brother-in-law after he commits a crime.
(c) He helps his brother-in-law move.
(d) He lends his brother-in-law some money to repay his debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the concern when Gandhi wants to join the Servants of India Society?
2. What happens after the government does not move the Indians out of the district in Johannesburg?
3. What basis does Gandhi give for his refusal to follow doctor's orders?
4. What position do the South African newspapers take after Gandhi's interview?
5. What does Gandhi do after he arrives at Shantiniketan?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)