|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cause does Gandhi take on in India after his ten-year absence?
(a) The poll tax.
(b) The Viramgam customs.
(c) Rationing rice.
(d) Indian independence.
2. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
(a) He has a member of his group join in his place.
(b) He promises to conform to their principles.
(c) He withdraws his application.
(d) He forms his own society.
3. Why does Gandhi and his group travel to Gurukul?
(a) To start another ashram.
(b) To hold a public meeting
(c) To performs acts of service.
(d) To be the guests of the Mahatma Munshiramji.
4. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He hopes for a government position in India.
(b) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(c) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
(d) He thinks the British are right.
5. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
(a) To hire a speech writer.
(b) To see a speech therapist.
(c) To write his speech out before he delivers it.
(d) To get a good night's sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi witness at the Kali temple that affects him deeply?
2. How do the Indians volunteer their services during the Boer War?
3. Why must Gandhi and his family wait before they can disembark from their ship in Durban?
4. What does Gandhi do after the Congress in Calcutta concludes?
5. What happens when Gandhi and Kasturbai have an argument over a Christian clerk living with them?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)