|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 36-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gandhi attribute to the underlying cause of their argument?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Kasturbai's disagreeable nature.
(c) Not enough food.
2. What happens when Gandhi and Kasturbai have an argument over a Christian clerk living with them?
(a) Kasturbai goes to live with friends.
(b) Gandhi goes to Johannesburg.
(c) Gandhi pushes Kasturbai out of the house.
(d) Kasturbai asks the clerk to move out.
3. What is NOT a new dietary practice while Gandhi is in prison in 1908?
(a) To finish dinner before sunset.
(b) To stop drinking tea.
(c) To stop using salt.
(d) To not eat between meals.
4. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
(a) Sanitary work
(b) Clerical work
(c) Legal work
(d) Hospitality work
5. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(b) He thinks the British are right.
(c) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
(d) He hopes for a government position in India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
2. What happens as a result of Gandhi's decision?
3. Where does Gandhi buy land in South Africa?
4. What is Mr. Chamberlain's attitude toward the Indian delegation in South Africa?
5. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)