|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Gandhi make when he returns to India the second time?
(a) That he will send them care packages from India.
(b) That he will return in a year if he is needed.
(c) That he will work for Indian independence.
(d) That he will recruit more volunteers to send to South Africa.
2. Who does Gandhi encounter after he misses his train in Allahabad?
(a) A barrister, Mr. Cyrus.
(b) A political agent, Mr. Keith.
(c) A businessman, Mr. Brooks.
(d) A newspaper editor, Mr. Chesney, Jr.
3. How does the Indian Congress of Natal raise funds for their cause?
(a) They charge a membership fee.
(b) They sell some of their valuable belongings.
(c) They hold a gala.
(d) They request funding from the Maharaja of Cochin in India.
4. How are Gandhi's sons and nephew educated in South Africa?
(a) Gandhi hires an English governess.
(b) They attend public school.
(c) Kasturbai teaches them.
(d) They are sent to a boarding school in Johannesburg.
5. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Mr. Coates.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Johnston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position do the South African newspapers take after Gandhi's interview?
2. What vow does Gandhi take in 1906?
3. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
4. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
5. What does Gandhi do with the gifts showered on him for his second departure from South Africa?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)