|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Gandhi receive after his brother's troubles?
(a) To teach school in Bombay.
(b) To take a government position in Delhi.
(c) An invitation to work for a South African law firm.
(d) To be an Indian rights advocate in South Africa.
2. What news does Gandhi receive after he returns to India?
(a) That he has an invitation to work at a law firm in Bombay.
(b) That Gandi's older brother has accepted a cabinet postion in the Indian government.
(c) That Gandhi's mother has died.
(d) That his eldest son has been hospitalized.
3. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
(a) Clerical work
(b) Hospitality work
(c) Sanitary work
(d) Legal work
4. Which two events happen while Gandhi is in high school?
(a) Gandhi's father has malaria; Kasturbai breaks her arm.
(b) Gandhi's brother drops out of school; Gandhi's mother breaks her hip.
(c) Gandhi's friend is arrested; Gandhi's mother dies.
(d) Gandhi's father dies; Kasturbai is pregnant with their first child.
5. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(b) He hopes for a government position in India.
(c) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
(d) He thinks the British are right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
2. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
3. How are people in India informed about the injustices toward the Indian people in South Africa?
4. What is the next issue the Indian Congress takes on after the Franchise Bill?
5. What promise did Gandhi make to Indian Christians in South Africa?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)