|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
(a) To get a good night's sleep.
(b) To write his speech out before he delivers it.
(c) To see a speech therapist.
(d) To hire a speech writer.
2. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
(a) Sanitary work
(b) Hospitality work
(c) Legal work
(d) Clerical work
3. What does Gandhi think about his abilities to practice law after passing the bar exams?
(a) He thinks his aptitude is stronger in medicine and does not think he will be successful.
(b) He thinks he does not have any practical experience.
(c) He thinks he has the persuasive abilities to win trials.
(d) He thinks that his discipline and practices will help him succeed.
4. What offer does Gandhi receive after his brother's troubles?
(a) To take a government position in Delhi.
(b) To teach school in Bombay.
(c) To be an Indian rights advocate in South Africa.
(d) An invitation to work for a South African law firm.
5. Who does Gandhi recommend to fill in for him when he returns to India to visit his family?
(a) Adamji Miyakhan.
(b) Dr. Mehta.
(c) Abdulla Sheth.
(d) Ravi Shankar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Gandhi make when he returns to India the second time?
2. What happens at the meeting between Gandhi and Dr. P.C. Ray?
3. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
4. What kind of husband does Gandhi desire to be?
5. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)