|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
(a) An open-air market.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A charity hospital.
(d) A community center.
2. What is Gandhi told when he wants the Congress in Calcutta to pass his resolution?
(a) That the resolution will be the foundation for lasting change.
(b) That the resolution will be symbolic.
(c) That there will not be enough votes to get it passed.
(d) That it is for naught, because they have no rights in their country.
3. What is Gandhi advised to do by a member of the High Court?
(a) To recruit others to spread his message about the conditions in South Africa.
(b) To stay in India to help with self government.
(c) To take a position on the court.
(d) To support the British monarchy.
4. Why can't Gandhi sail to England after he arrives in Bombay?
(a) The Indian Ocean is too rough at that time.
(b) Gandhi and his brother fall victim to a pickpocket.
(c) Members of Gandhi's caste threaten him.
(d) He forgets his passport in Rajkot.
5. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
(a) Mr. Wilson.
(b) Mr. Johnston.
(c) Mr. Lely.
(d) Mr. Coates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did Gandhi make to Indian Christians in South Africa?
2. What is Gandhi trying to persuade barristers to do while in Bombay?
3. What promise does Gandhi make when he returns to India the second time?
4. What does Gandhi do after the Congress in Calcutta concludes?
5. How does the Indian Congress of Natal raise funds for their cause?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)