|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Gandhi receive after his brother's troubles?
(a) To teach school in Bombay.
(b) To take a government position in Delhi.
(c) An invitation to work for a South African law firm.
(d) To be an Indian rights advocate in South Africa.
2. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
(a) Remove his turban.
(b) Present his license to practice law.
(c) Bow to the members of the court.
(d) Kiss their rings.
3. Who does Gandhi recommend to fill in for him when he returns to India to visit his family?
(a) Ravi Shankar.
(b) Adamji Miyakhan.
(c) Dr. Mehta.
(d) Abdulla Sheth.
4. What is Gandhi trying to persuade barristers to do while in Bombay?
(a) To represent the poor in court cases.
(b) To accompany him when he returns to South Africa.
(c) To find loopholes in the constitution to get India out from under British rule.
(d) To gain more power in Indian government and to have more influence.
5. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(b) He thinks the British are right.
(c) He hopes for a government position in India.
(d) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi's diet consist of in 1906?
2. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
3. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
4. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
5. How are Gandhi's sons and nephew educated in South Africa?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)