|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assists Gandhi after he arrives in England?
(a) Sjt. Mazmudar.
(b) Dr. Mehta.
(c) Mavji Dave.
(d) Mr. Lely.
2. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
(a) Mavji Dave (Joshiji).
(c) Gandhi's older brother.
(d) Mr. Lely.
3. Who is Balasundaram?
(a) An indentured servant who exposes Gandhi to the plight of indentured servants in South Africa.
(b) He works with Gandhi in opposition of the Franchise Bill.
(c) He is one of the major financial backers of the Indian Congress of Natal.
(d) Gandhi's clerk.
4. Who does Gandhi recommend to fill in for him when he returns to India to visit his family?
(a) Abdulla Sheth.
(b) Adamji Miyakhan.
(c) Ravi Shankar.
(d) Dr. Mehta.
5. What does Gandhi do after there is a plague outbreak in Bombay?
(a) He volunteers to transport the deceased.
(b) He tries to heal the afflicted with his home remedies.
(c) He files a civil suit on behalf of the citizens of Bombay.
(d) He offers his services in sanitation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
2. What ambition does Gandhi have for Kasturbai?
3. What do the stagecoach passengers tell the stagecoach staff, in regards to Gandhi, on the trip from Charlestown to Johannesburg?
4. What advice does Gandhi give to Indian merchants in South Africa?
5. In what field does Gandhi's father work?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)