|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Gandhi's older brother.
(d) Mavji Dave (Joshiji).
2. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
(a) Remove his turban.
(b) Bow to the members of the court.
(c) Kiss their rings.
(d) Present his license to practice law.
3. Which item is NOT a result of Gandhi's high school friend's influence?
(a) Creating a rift between Gandhi and Kasturbai.
(b) Gandhi enlisting in the British army.
(c) Gandhi visiting a brothel .
(d) Gandhi eating meat against his parents' wishes.
4. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
(a) Mr. Johnston.
(b) Abdulla Sheth.
(c) Mr. Banker.
(d) Dr. Mehta.
5. How does Gandhi assist Narayan Hemchandra?
(a) He cooks vegetarian meals for him.
(b) He helps Hemchandra sell his books.
(c) He teaches him English and serves as a translator.
(d) He introduces Hemchandra to helpful people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gandhi advised to do by a member of the High Court?
2. What does Gandhi do when he is informed that he will have to travel third class on the train to Pretoria?
3. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
4. What advice does Gandhi give to Indian merchants in South Africa?
5. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)