|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 26-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Gandhi's group agree to in order for Gandhi to assist them?
(a) That they have his commitment for three months, then he has to return home to his family.
(b) That Gandhi can send for his family to live with him in South Africa.
(c) That they need to practice holy rituals daily.
(d) That Gandhi will not accept payment for public work, only private work.
2. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
(d) Personal hygiene.
3. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
(a) The Gita.
(b) The London Times.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Patanjali Sutras.
4. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
(a) To hire a speech writer.
(b) To get a good night's sleep.
(c) To write his speech out before he delivers it.
(d) To see a speech therapist.
5. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
(a) Because of his previous outburst for refusing to remove his turban.
(b) Because of his skin color.
(c) Because his is not a citizen of South Africa,
(d) Because he is a troublemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandhi encounter after he misses his train in Allahabad?
2. Which item is NOT a result of Gandhi's high school friend's influence?
3. What is Gandhi advised to do by a member of the High Court?
4. What do the stagecoach passengers tell the stagecoach staff, in regards to Gandhi, on the trip from Charlestown to Johannesburg?
5. How does Gandhi communicate when in a group?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)