|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the stagecoach passengers tell the stagecoach staff, in regards to Gandhi, on the trip from Charlestown to Johannesburg?
(a) That they will boycott the stagecoach company if Gandhi is not permitted to ride with them.
(b) To leave Gandhi alone and let him ride inside the coach with them.
(c) To leave Gandhi behind and have him take the next coach.
(d) That they will take the next coach if Gandhi rides with them.
2. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
(b) Personal hygiene.
3. What news does Gandhi receive after he returns to India?
(a) That Gandi's older brother has accepted a cabinet postion in the Indian government.
(b) That Gandhi's mother has died.
(c) That he has an invitation to work at a law firm in Bombay.
(d) That his eldest son has been hospitalized.
4. How does Gandhi communicate when in a group?
(a) He writes his thoughts on a piece of paper and has someone read them to the group.
(b) He writes letters to others that convey his thoughts while they were together.
(c) He says nothing and is frustrated because he has not communicated his thoughts and tells a group member days later.
(d) He acts out what he wants to say and people guess at the clues.
5. What ambition does Gandhi have for Kasturbai?
(a) To stay at home and care for children.
(b) To become a powerful leader.
(c) To be educated.
(d) To nurse and care for others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi think about his abilities to practice law after passing the bar exams?
2. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
3. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
4. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
5. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)