|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
(a) Abdulla Sheth.
(b) Dr. Mehta.
(c) Mr. Johnston.
(d) Mr. Banker.
2. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
(a) To heal them with his home remedies.
(b) To fight the passage of the Franchise Bill.
(c) To have him become a partner in the law firm.
(d) To have him fight for the rights of indentured servants.
3. What trouble does Gandhi's older brother get into?
(a) He insults a British Political Agent.
(b) He gives wrong advice to the Ranasaheb of Porbandar.
(c) He becomes an outcast from their caste.
(d) He embezzles some money.
4. What offer does Gandhi receive after his brother's troubles?
(a) To teach school in Bombay.
(b) An invitation to work for a South African law firm.
(c) To take a government position in Delhi.
(d) To be an Indian rights advocate in South Africa.
5. What happens when Gandhi attends the vegetarian convention in Portsmouth?
(a) Gandhi is asked to be the president of the Vegetarian Association.
(b) He does not think their diet is strict enough and leaves.
(c) He becomes more committed to his dietary practices.
(d) He finds the women too flirtatious and leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gandhi promise his mother before he departs for England?
2. How does Gandhi communicate when in a group?
3. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
4. What ambition does Gandhi have for Kasturbai?
5. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)