|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Mr. Wilson.
(c) Mr. Coates.
(d) Mr. Johnston.
2. What does Gandhi do when he is informed that he will have to travel third class on the train to Pretoria?
(a) He finds a loophole in the train company regulations and purchases a first-class ticket.
(b) He bleaches his skin and claims he is a white man, then purchases a first class ticket.
(c) He becomes indignant and writes a letter to the editor to the newspaper in Pretoria.
(d) He files a civil suit in court.
3. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Gita.
(d) The Patanjali Sutras.
4. What happens when Gandhi attends the vegetarian convention in Portsmouth?
(a) He becomes more committed to his dietary practices.
(b) He does not think their diet is strict enough and leaves.
(c) Gandhi is asked to be the president of the Vegetarian Association.
(d) He finds the women too flirtatious and leaves.
5. How does Gandhi communicate when in a group?
(a) He writes letters to others that convey his thoughts while they were together.
(b) He acts out what he wants to say and people guess at the clues.
(c) He says nothing and is frustrated because he has not communicated his thoughts and tells a group member days later.
(d) He writes his thoughts on a piece of paper and has someone read them to the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
2. In what field does Gandhi's father work?
3. Which item is NOT a result of Gandhi's high school friend's influence?
4. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
5. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)