|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does Gandhi receive after his brother's troubles?
(a) To be an Indian rights advocate in South Africa.
(b) To teach school in Bombay.
(c) To take a government position in Delhi.
(d) An invitation to work for a South African law firm.
2. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
(a) Mr. Johnston.
(b) Abdulla Sheth.
(c) Dr. Mehta.
(d) Mr. Banker.
3. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Mr. Johnston.
(c) Mr. Wilson.
(d) Mr. Coates.
4. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
(a) The Gita.
(b) The London Times.
(c) The Patanjali Sutras.
(d) The Bible.
5. What ambition does Gandhi have for Kasturbai?
(a) To be educated.
(b) To nurse and care for others.
(c) To stay at home and care for children.
(d) To become a powerful leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which item is NOT a result of Gandhi's high school friend's influence?
2. In Gandhi's opinion, what subject should be taught in school?
3. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
4. What do the stagecoach passengers tell the stagecoach staff, in regards to Gandhi, on the trip from Charlestown to Johannesburg?
5. Why can't Gandhi sail to England after he arrives in Bombay?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)