|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do children learn best in Gandhi's philosophy?
(a) By following their role models.
(b) By reading the works of spirtual leaders and philosophers.
(c) Through experience.
(d) By rote memory.
2. What does Gandhi do after he arrives at Shantiniketan?
(a) He starts holding public meetings.
(b) He fires the cooks.
(c) He invites more people to live there.
(d) He sells the livestock.
3. What does Gandhi promise his mother before he departs for England?
(a) To study hard.
(b) To write home every week.
(c) Not to lose touch with his Indian roots.
(d) Not to touch wine or women or eat meat.
4. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
(a) He believes British rule in undermining the good of the Indian people.
(b) He believes that although British rule is not helpful presently, it will ultimately be beneficial.
(c) He believes British rule is beneficial and acceptable.
(d) He believes British rule has little effect on the Indian people.
5. Who is learning the printing business on the Phoenix settlement?
(a) Parsi Rustomji.
(b) Mr. Polak.
(c) Adamji Miyakham.
(d) Maganlal Gandhi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
2. What is Gandhi's approach to opposing the tinkathia system?
3. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
4. What is the concern when Gandhi wants to join the Servants of India Society?
5. What does Gandhi think about the lodging at Ripon college during the Congress in Calcutta?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)