|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gandhi's philosophy to exposing children to those who are less desirable?
(a) That exposing children to different types of people helps to develop their character.
(b) The good children can positively influence the natures of the bad children.
(c) They develop a sense of empathy.
(d) They are a bad influence on other children.
2. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
(a) Mr. Coates.
(b) Mr. Johnston.
(c) Mr. Lely.
(d) Mr. Wilson.
3. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
(a) To have him become a partner in the law firm.
(b) To fight the passage of the Franchise Bill.
(c) To heal them with his home remedies.
(d) To have him fight for the rights of indentured servants.
4. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
(a) A charity hospital.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A community center.
(d) An open-air market.
5. What resolution is proposed in March 1916?
(a) A resolution to establish the central provinces.
(b) A resolution to end the poll tax.
(c) A resolution to have India become an independent state.
(d) A resolution to end the indentured servant system.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
2. Why is Gandhi called back to Durban?
3. Who does Gandhi qualify as an attorney to help out at the office?
4. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
5. How do the Indians volunteer their services during the Boer War?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)