|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gandhi and Kasturbai have an argument over a Christian clerk living with them?
(a) Gandhi goes to Johannesburg.
(b) Gandhi pushes Kasturbai out of the house.
(c) Kasturbai goes to live with friends.
(d) Kasturbai asks the clerk to move out.
2. What dietary advice written in a pamphlet does Gandhi later recant?
(a) That no milk is needed beyond a mother's milk.
(b) That children should not eat wheat products until they are five years old.
(c) That people should eat the entire fruit, not just the juice.
(d) That vegetables are for animals.
3. What is Gandhi's approach to opposing the tinkathia system?
(a) Meeting with both farmers and tenants to learn the facts.
(b) To talk to others in India to persuade them to give the untouchables more rights.
(c) To have Indian natives oversee the education of their children.
(d) To have the merchants keep more of their profits.
4. What action does Gandhi's group take against the Asiatic Department in Johannesburg?
(a) They go to the police and warrants are issued.
(b) They refuse to get any permits through the Asiatic Department
(c) They file a law suit.
(d) They boycott all non-Indian goods and services.
5. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
(a) Dr. Mehta.
(b) Mr. Johnston.
(c) Mr. Banker.
(d) Abdulla Sheth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the Indian community in Great Britain after Gandhi leaves?
2. Who is Balasundaram?
3. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
4. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
5. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)