|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gandhi respond to the doctor's advice when his son, Manilal, becomes very ill?
(a) He ignores the doctor's orders.
(b) He follows some of the doctor's instructions.
(c) He seeks a second opinion.
(d) He follows the doctor's orders.
2. What conditions does Gandhi's group agree to in order for Gandhi to assist them?
(a) That they need to practice holy rituals daily.
(b) That Gandhi will not accept payment for public work, only private work.
(c) That Gandhi can send for his family to live with him in South Africa.
(d) That they have his commitment for three months, then he has to return home to his family.
3. What does the Gandhi family do after the offer for services of the Indian Ambulance Corps is accepted by the South African Government?
(a) They return to India.
(b) The family volunteers its services.
(c) They sell all of their possessions.
(d) They close down their house in Johannesburg.
4. Why does Gandhi support the British during the Boer War?
(a) He is opposed to the treatment of Indians in South Africa.
(b) He hopes for a government position in India.
(c) He hopes the Indians will gain rights from the British.
(d) He thinks the British are right.
5. What does Gandhi attribute to the underlying cause of their argument?
(a) Not enough food.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Kasturbai's disagreeable nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gandhi give away at her wedding?
2. What is Gandhi trying to persuade barristers to do while in Bombay?
3. What complicates the government's efforts when they try to move Indians out of their district in Johannesburg?
4. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
5. Who suggests that Gandhi study law in England?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)