|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
(a) An open-air market.
(b) A soup kitchen.
(c) A community center.
(d) A charity hospital.
2. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
(a) To have him become a partner in the law firm.
(b) To heal them with his home remedies.
(c) To fight the passage of the Franchise Bill.
(d) To have him fight for the rights of indentured servants.
3. Who requests Gandhi's assistance in opposing the tinkathia system?
(a) Rajkumar Shukla.
(b) Sahastrajit Dhatri.
(c) Madhav Shrivastava.
(d) Balendu Chandran.
4. Why does Gandhi have to return to India?
(a) He develops pleurisy.
(b) His brother is sick.
(c) He is a troublemaker and is asked to leave England.
(d) He has to keep his promise to Kasturbai that they would spend only a year in England.
5. What happens after the government does not move the Indians out of the district in Johannesburg?
(a) The Indians decide to move out on their own accord.
(b) The government cuts off the water supply.
(c) There is a big celebration in the Indian district.
(d) There is a black plague outbreak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gandhi invites which group of people to live with his family?
2. What does Gandhi remind the Indian community in Durban after a plague outbreak?
3. What promise does Gandhi make to Gokhale before Gokhale's death?
4. Why can't Gandhi sail to England after he arrives in Bombay?
5. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)