|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gandhi family do after the offer for services of the Indian Ambulance Corps is accepted by the South African Government?
(a) The family volunteers its services.
(b) They close down their house in Johannesburg.
(c) They sell all of their possessions.
(d) They return to India.
2. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
(a) A community center.
(b) An open-air market.
(c) A charity hospital.
(d) A soup kitchen.
3. What does Gandhi attribute to the underlying cause of their argument?
(b) Kasturbai's disagreeable nature.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Not enough food.
4. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
(a) Remove his turban.
(b) Bow to the members of the court.
(c) Kiss their rings.
(d) Present his license to practice law.
5. Who assists Gandhi after he arrives in England?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Sjt. Mazmudar.
(c) Mavji Dave.
(d) Dr. Mehta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as a result of Gandhi's decision?
2. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
3. What newspaper does Gandhi's group launch?
4. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
5. What dietary advice written in a pamphlet does Gandhi later recant?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)