|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
(a) A charity hospital.
(b) An open-air market.
(c) A soup kitchen.
(d) A community center.
2. Who assists Gandhi after he arrives in England?
(a) Sjt. Mazmudar.
(b) Mavji Dave.
(c) Mr. Lely.
(d) Dr. Mehta.
3. What does Gandhi promise his mother before he departs for England?
(a) Not to lose touch with his Indian roots.
(b) To study hard.
(c) Not to touch wine or women or eat meat.
(d) To write home every week.
4. What is Gandhi trying to persuade barristers to do while in Bombay?
(a) To find loopholes in the constitution to get India out from under British rule.
(b) To gain more power in Indian government and to have more influence.
(c) To accompany him when he returns to South Africa.
(d) To represent the poor in court cases.
5. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
(a) Because of his previous outburst for refusing to remove his turban.
(b) Because he is a troublemaker.
(c) Because his is not a citizen of South Africa,
(d) Because of his skin color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Secretary of State in South Africa?
2. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
3. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
4. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
5. What vow does Gandhi take in 1906?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)