|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gandhi advised to do by a member of the High Court?
(a) To support the British monarchy.
(b) To stay in India to help with self government.
(c) To take a position on the court.
(d) To recruit others to spread his message about the conditions in South Africa.
2. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
(a) To get a good night's sleep.
(b) To see a speech therapist.
(c) To write his speech out before he delivers it.
(d) To hire a speech writer.
3. How does Gandhi assist his brother-in-law after he takes him from Bombay to Rajkot?
(a) He harbors his brother-in-law after he commits a crime.
(b) He nurses his sick brother-in-law.
(c) He lends his brother-in-law some money to repay his debts.
(d) He helps his brother-in-law move.
4. Who assists Gandhi after he arrives in England?
(a) Mr. Lely.
(b) Sjt. Mazmudar.
(c) Dr. Mehta.
(d) Mavji Dave.
5. Who is Balasundaram?
(a) He is one of the major financial backers of the Indian Congress of Natal.
(b) He works with Gandhi in opposition of the Franchise Bill.
(c) An indentured servant who exposes Gandhi to the plight of indentured servants in South Africa.
(d) Gandhi's clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What vow does Gandhi take in 1906?
2. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
3. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
4. How does the Indian Congress of Natal raise funds for their cause?
5. How does Gandhi communicate when in a group?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)