|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conditions does Gandhi's group agree to in order for Gandhi to assist them?
(a) That Gandhi can send for his family to live with him in South Africa.
(b) That they need to practice holy rituals daily.
(c) That they have his commitment for three months, then he has to return home to his family.
(d) That Gandhi will not accept payment for public work, only private work.
2. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
(a) He believes British rule in undermining the good of the Indian people.
(b) He believes British rule has little effect on the Indian people.
(c) He believes British rule is beneficial and acceptable.
(d) He believes that although British rule is not helpful presently, it will ultimately be beneficial.
3. What does Gandhi read in England that later becomes daily reading for him?
(a) The London Times.
(b) The Gita.
(c) The Patanjali Sutras.
(d) The Bible.
4. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
(a) Kiss their rings.
(b) Remove his turban.
(c) Present his license to practice law.
(d) Bow to the members of the court.
5. What is Gandhi instructed to do before he gives a speech in Bombay?
(a) To see a speech therapist.
(b) To write his speech out before he delivers it.
(c) To get a good night's sleep.
(d) To hire a speech writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gandhi called back to Durban?
2. What does the Indian community open in South Africa with the generosity of Mr. Rustoraji?
3. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
4. What does Gandhi do when he is informed that he will have to travel third class on the train to Pretoria?
5. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)