|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Indian Congress of Natal raise funds for their cause?
(a) They charge a membership fee.
(b) They sell some of their valuable belongings.
(c) They hold a gala.
(d) They request funding from the Maharaja of Cochin in India.
2. What does Gandhi promise his mother before he departs for England?
(a) To write home every week.
(b) Not to lose touch with his Indian roots.
(c) Not to touch wine or women or eat meat.
(d) To study hard.
3. Why does the Law Society in Natal challenge Gandhi's application for admission?
(a) Because of his skin color.
(b) Because of his previous outburst for refusing to remove his turban.
(c) Because he is a troublemaker.
(d) Because his is not a citizen of South Africa,
4. Why can't Gandhi sail to England after he arrives in Bombay?
(a) The Indian Ocean is too rough at that time.
(b) Members of Gandhi's caste threaten him.
(c) Gandhi and his brother fall victim to a pickpocket.
(d) He forgets his passport in Rajkot.
5. What activities does Gandhi undertake to save money during his second trip to South Africa?
(a) Doing laundry in-house and cutting his own hair.
(b) Cutting coupons and walking to his destination.
(c) Making his own clothes and grinding wheat into flour.
(d) Growing his own vegetables and making his own shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
2. Why did the Indian community in Natal ask Gandhi to stay in South Africa?
3. What conditions does Gandhi's group agree to in order for Gandhi to assist them?
4. Who is Balasundaram?
5. Who tries to convert Gandhi to Christianity?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)