|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
(a) He believes that although British rule is not helpful presently, it will ultimately be beneficial.
(b) He believes British rule in undermining the good of the Indian people.
(c) He believes British rule is beneficial and acceptable.
(d) He believes British rule has little effect on the Indian people.
2. What does Gandhi think about the lodging at Ripon college during the Congress in Calcutta?
(a) That it is a collection of great thinkers.
(b) That the unsanitary conditions are ripe for a disease outbreak.
(c) That the building should be condemned.
(d) That it should be the model for other meetings in the future.
3. What services does Gandhi perform at the Congress in Calcutta?
(a) Clerical work
(b) Legal work
(c) Sanitary work
(d) Hospitality work
4. What happens when Gandhi lends money to a woman to open a vegetarian restaurant?
(a) She defaults on the loan.
(b) She dies and her son assumes the loan.
(c) She repays Gandhi.
(d) She needs more money and asks for another loan.
5. Who is learning the printing business on the Phoenix settlement?
(a) Mr. Polak.
(b) Maganlal Gandhi.
(c) Parsi Rustomji.
(d) Adamji Miyakham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gandhi offer the services of the Indian Ambulance Corps the second time?
2. What action does Gandhi's group take against the Asiatic Department in Johannesburg?
3. What does Gandhi remind the Indian community in Durban after a plague outbreak?
4. Who does Gandhi encourage to get married?
5. Who helps Gandhi acclimate to South Africa?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)