|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
(a) Remove his turban.
(b) Kiss their rings.
(c) Bow to the members of the court.
(d) Present his license to practice law.
2. What happens when Gandhi and Kasturbai have an argument over a Christian clerk living with them?
(a) Gandhi pushes Kasturbai out of the house.
(b) Gandhi goes to Johannesburg.
(c) Kasturbai goes to live with friends.
(d) Kasturbai asks the clerk to move out.
3. What action does Gandhi's group take against the Asiatic Department in Johannesburg?
(a) They go to the police and warrants are issued.
(b) They refuse to get any permits through the Asiatic Department
(c) They boycott all non-Indian goods and services.
(d) They file a law suit.
4. What is the condition of Gandhi's third son when he arrives in South Africa during Gandhi's third stay?
(a) He has the plague.
(b) He has dysentery.
(c) He has a broken arm.
(d) He has a broken foot.
5. What is Gandhi told when he wants the Congress in Calcutta to pass his resolution?
(a) That it is for naught, because they have no rights in their country.
(b) That the resolution will be symbolic.
(c) That there will not be enough votes to get it passed.
(d) That the resolution will be the foundation for lasting change.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these dietary practices and treatments does Gandhi NOT try?
2. What does the Gandhi family do after the offer for services of the Indian Ambulance Corps is accepted by the South African Government?
3. Who does Gandhi qualify as an attorney to help out at the office?
4. What does Gandhi remind the Indian community in Durban after a plague outbreak?
5. How does Gandhi assist his brother-in-law after he takes him from Bombay to Rajkot?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)