|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Gandhi make when he returns to India the second time?
(a) That he will recruit more volunteers to send to South Africa.
(b) That he will return in a year if he is needed.
(c) That he will work for Indian independence.
(d) That he will send them care packages from India.
2. What happens when Gandhi lends money to a woman to open a vegetarian restaurant?
(a) She needs more money and asks for another loan.
(b) She dies and her son assumes the loan.
(c) She defaults on the loan.
(d) She repays Gandhi.
3. What does Gandhi do when he is informed that he will have to travel third class on the train to Pretoria?
(a) He becomes indignant and writes a letter to the editor to the newspaper in Pretoria.
(b) He files a civil suit in court.
(c) He finds a loophole in the train company regulations and purchases a first-class ticket.
(d) He bleaches his skin and claims he is a white man, then purchases a first class ticket.
4. Who does Gandhi encourage to get married?
(a) Mr. Polak.
(b) Maganlal Gandhi.
(c) Adamji Miyakham.
(d) One of his clerks.
5. What does Gandhi attribute to the underlying cause of their argument?
(b) Lack of sleep.
(c) Not enough food.
(d) Kasturbai's disagreeable nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the condition of Gandhi's third son when he arrives in South Africa during Gandhi's third stay?
2. What does Gandhi remind the Indian community in Durban after a plague outbreak?
3. What does the Gandhi family do after the offer for services of the Indian Ambulance Corps is accepted by the South African Government?
4. What is Gandhi's opinion about British rule in India after he returns from South Africa?
5. What does the court in South Africa ask Gandhi to do when he is introduced?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)