|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the swami ask Gandhi at Gurukul?
(a) Why his diet is so extreme.
(b) If he reads the Gita.
(c) Why he does not join the religious order.
(d) Why he does not wear the sacred threads.
2. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
(a) He has a member of his group join in his place.
(b) He promises to conform to their principles.
(c) He withdraws his application.
(d) He forms his own society.
3. How are the Indian quarters in Johannesburg referred to?
(a) As Plague City.
(b) As coolie locations.
(c) As the Banana Belt.
(d) As the slave quarters.
4. What do Gandhi and his group do at Ahmedabad?
(a) They spend the night.
(b) They meet with the governor.
(c) They stage a protest.
(d) They establish the Satyagraha Ashram.
5. What happens after the government does not move the Indians out of the district in Johannesburg?
(a) The Indians decide to move out on their own accord.
(b) There is a big celebration in the Indian district.
(c) There is a black plague outbreak.
(d) The government cuts off the water supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the two bills passed in the legislature upon Gandhi's return?
2. What newspaper does Gandhi's group launch?
3. What does Gandhi observe while traveling to Rangoon with his son, Ramdas?
4. How are Gandhi's sons and nephew educated in South Africa?
5. What complicates the government's efforts when they try to move Indians out of their district in Johannesburg?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)