|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gandhi and his group travel to Gurukul?
(a) To be the guests of the Mahatma Munshiramji.
(b) To start another ashram.
(c) To performs acts of service.
(d) To hold a public meeting
2. What style of dress did Gandhi's family adopt upon their return to South Africa?
(a) Gujarati style.
(b) Parsi style.
(c) Zulu style.
(d) European style.
3. What newspaper does Gandhi's group launch?
(a) The Gandhi Gazette.
(b) The Hindustani Weekly Chronicle.
(c) The Indian Opinion.
(d) The Durban Indian Times.
4. How does Gandhi resolve the dilemma with the Servants of India Society?
(a) He has a member of his group join in his place.
(b) He promises to conform to their principles.
(c) He withdraws his application.
(d) He forms his own society.
5. What position do the South African newspapers take after Gandhi's interview?
(a) They side with the crowds.
(b) They side with Gandhi.
(c) They side with the local government.
(d) They side with the British Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the swami ask Gandhi at Gurukul?
2. How are the Indian quarters in Johannesburg referred to?
3. Gandhi invites which group of people to live with his family?
4. Why does Gandhi's group loose their funding?
5. What complicates the government's efforts when they try to move Indians out of their district in Johannesburg?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)