Part 1, Chapters 1-5 | Part 1, Chapters 6-10
• Gandhi shares some of his family history.
• He is the fourth child of his father's second wife.
• His father was prime minister of the states of Rajkot and then Vankaner and a member of the Rajasthanik Court.
• Gandhi's father is described by his son as uneducated with very little religious training, loyal to his family and his government, with no ambition to acquire wealth, which is why he left them little property when he died.
• Gandhi describes his mother as deeply religious, always observing vows and fasts.
• He was born at Porbandar in 1869.
• Gandhi describes himself as a mediocre student and very shy.
• Gandhi is married at the age of thirteen and is very unhappy about it.
• Gandhi is a very jealous husband who does not let his wife come and go without his permission. His wife, Kasturbai, rebels.
• Gandhi still attends...
This section contains 6,100 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)