|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
2. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
3. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
4. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
5. What is Darcy's horse named?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How do Darcy, Bingley and Miss Bingley view the country versus the city setting? What do the Bingley sisters think of the characters who live in the country?
Essay Topic 2
According to literary critics, how does "An Assembly Such As This" compare to Austen's work "Pride and Prejudice" in terms of writing style, tone and plot? Jane Austen novels are still widely read. Why are Jane Austen novels still so popular today? Why might a pastiche or fan fiction be popular with Austen fans?
Essay Topic 3
Love and romance are major themes of the story. Discuss the pairings of the following couples, the issues they faced and whether you believe they will have a happy ending:
a) Darcy and Elizabeth
b) Bingley and Jane
c) Darcy and Miss Bingley
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)