|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
4. What is Darcy's horse named?
5. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
3. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
4. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
6. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
7. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
9. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
10. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Bingley and Jane. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do they face? Are they able to overcome these obstacles? How does Bingley treat Jane?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of denial in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why does Darcy deny his feelings for Elizabeth? What problems is he trying to avoid by denying his feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Write a comparison essay of Mr. Bingley and Darcy. How are they similar? How are they different? How do they approach life differently?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)