|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
2. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
3. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
4. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
5. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of denial in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why does Darcy deny his feelings for Elizabeth? What problems is he trying to avoid by denying his feelings?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the dialogue in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". How would you describe the dialogue? How does it reflect the setting of the novel? Is it similar to the Austen novel that it seeks to emulate in terms of dialogue?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)