Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
Who is the antagonist of the story and what makes this character the antagonist? What are his defining character traits? What has he done to Darcy to deserve the role of antagonist?
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How does Darcy view marriage? Whose marriage does he try to put a stop to and why?
Analyze the dialogue in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". How would you describe the dialogue? How does it reflect the setting of the novel? Is it similar to the Austen novel that it seeks to emulate in terms of dialogue?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)