|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
2. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
3. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
4. What is Darcy's horse named?
5. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
2. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
5. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
6. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
8. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
9. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
10. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)