|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. What is Darcy's horse named?
3. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
4. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
5. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
2. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
3. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
5. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
6. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
7. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
8. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
9. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
10. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)