Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
According to literary critics, how does "An Assembly Such As This" compare to Austen's work "Pride and Prejudice" in terms of writing style, tone and plot? Jane Austen novels are still widely read. Why are Jane Austen novels still so popular today? Why might a pastiche or fan fiction be popular with Austen fans?
The English class system of the early 19th Century is a prominent theme of "An Assembly Such As This". The characters of the story must follow the social rules, and doing so often leads to obstacles, misunderstandings and denial of one's true feelings. Discuss the effects that the social rules of the high class had on the central characters of the novel.
Who is the antagonist of the story and what makes this character the antagonist? What are his defining character traits? What has he done to Darcy to deserve the role of antagonist?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)