|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
3. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
5. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
3. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
5. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
6. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
7. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
8. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
9. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
10. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the dialogue in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". How would you describe the dialogue? How does it reflect the setting of the novel? Is it similar to the Austen novel that it seeks to emulate in terms of dialogue?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How does Darcy view marriage? Whose marriage does he try to put a stop to and why?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)