|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "An Assembly Such As This"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. Discuss how romance novels try to satisfy their readers. What methods are used to please the readers? What elements of a romance novel are necessary to meet the expectations of the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What is Miss Bingley jealous of? Does Darcy ever show signs of jealousy? What is Bingley jealous of? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth evolve as the novel progresses? What does Darcy like about Elizabeth? What does he realize about their relationship in the end?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)