|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
3. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
4. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
5. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How does Darcy view marriage? Whose marriage does he try to put a stop to and why?
Essay Topic 3
What is the genre of the novel "An Assembly Such As This"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. Discuss how romance novels try to satisfy their readers. What methods are used to please the readers? What elements of a romance novel are necessary to meet the expectations of the reader?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)