|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
2. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
4. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
5. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What is Miss Bingley jealous of? Does Darcy ever show signs of jealousy? What is Bingley jealous of? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)