|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darcy's horse named?
2. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
4. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
5. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How do Darcy, Bingley and Miss Bingley view the country versus the city setting? What do the Bingley sisters think of the characters who live in the country?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How does Darcy view marriage? Whose marriage does he try to put a stop to and why?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)