|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
3. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
4. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The English class system of the early 19th Century is a prominent theme of "An Assembly Such As This". The characters of the story must follow the social rules, and doing so often leads to obstacles, misunderstandings and denial of one's true feelings. Discuss the effects that the social rules of the high class had on the central characters of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)