|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
3. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
4. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
5. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
2. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
3. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
4. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
5. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
6. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
7. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
8. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
9. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
10. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)