Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
2. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
2. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
7. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
8. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
9. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
10. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
Write a comparison essay of Mr. Bingley and Darcy. How are they similar? How are they different? How do they approach life differently?
Analyze the dialogue in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". How would you describe the dialogue? How does it reflect the setting of the novel? Is it similar to the Austen novel that it seeks to emulate in terms of dialogue?
Discuss the relationship between Bingley and Jane. How do they feel about one another when they first meet? How do their feelings progress as the novel progresses? What conflicts and obstacles do they face? Are they able to overcome these obstacles? How does Bingley treat Jane?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)