|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
3. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
4. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
5. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
2. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
3. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
4. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
5. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
6. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
8. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
9. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
10. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)