|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
2. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
2. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
7. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
8. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
9. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
10. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
Essay Topic 1
What is the genre of the novel "An Assembly Such As This"? Discuss this genre and some common elements of the genre. Discuss how romance novels try to satisfy their readers. What methods are used to please the readers? What elements of a romance novel are necessary to meet the expectations of the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Write a comparison essay of Mr. Bingley and Darcy. How are they similar? How are they different? How do they approach life differently?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
This section contains 1,534 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)