|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
2. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
3. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
4. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
5. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
2. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
3. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
4. What story does Dy tell Bingley in Chapter 13? Why does he tell this story?
5. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
7. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
8. Who does Darcy go Christmas shopping for in Chapter 13? What does he buy?
9. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
10. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of denial in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why does Darcy deny his feelings for Elizabeth? What problems is he trying to avoid by denying his feelings?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conclusion of the novel. What happens at the end of the novel? Is it expected? Are you satisfied with the ending? Are there any unanswered questions left?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth evolve as the novel progresses? What does Darcy like about Elizabeth? What does he realize about their relationship in the end?
This section contains 1,532 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)