|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
2. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
3. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
5. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
2. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
4. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
5. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
6. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
7. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
8. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
9. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
10. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a comparison essay of Mr. Bingley and Darcy. How are they similar? How are they different? How do they approach life differently?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel, Pamela Aidan. Is she a respected novelist? What has she achieved throughout her career? What types of novels does she write? Are there similarities between "An Assembly Such As This" and her other novels?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)