|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
4. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
2. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
3. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
4. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
5. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
6. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
7. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
8. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
9. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
10. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 2
Love and romance are major themes of the story. Discuss the pairings of the following couples, the issues they faced and whether you believe they will have a happy ending:
a) Darcy and Elizabeth
b) Bingley and Jane
c) Darcy and Miss Bingley
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of denial in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why does Darcy deny his feelings for Elizabeth? What problems is he trying to avoid by denying his feelings?
This section contains 1,517 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)