|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
2. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
4. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
5. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
2. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
3. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
4. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
5. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
6. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
7. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
8. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
9. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
10. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)