|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
2. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
3. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
4. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
5. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
2. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
3. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
4. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
6. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
7. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
8. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
9. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
10. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the antagonist of the story and what makes this character the antagonist? What are his defining character traits? What has he done to Darcy to deserve the role of antagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss conflict in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What are the main conflicts of the novel? How do these conflicts affect the plot and characters of the novel? How do they affect the reader's enjoyment of the novel?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)