|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
2. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
3. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
4. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
5. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
2. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
3. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
4. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
7. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
8. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
9. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
10. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the antagonist of the story and what makes this character the antagonist? What are his defining character traits? What has he done to Darcy to deserve the role of antagonist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel, Pamela Aidan. Is she a respected novelist? What has she achieved throughout her career? What types of novels does she write? Are there similarities between "An Assembly Such As This" and her other novels?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)