|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
2. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
3. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
4. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
5. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
2. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
4. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
5. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
6. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
7. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
8. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
9. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
10. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel. How does the setting affect the plot and the characters? How do Darcy, Bingley and Miss Bingley view the country versus the city setting? What do the Bingley sisters think of the characters who live in the country?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth evolve as the novel progresses? What does Darcy like about Elizabeth? What does he realize about their relationship in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)