|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
2. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
3. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
4. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
5. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
2. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
3. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
4. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
5. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
6. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
7. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
8. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
9. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
10. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Who are the secondary characters of the novel? What are their roles in the novel? What relationships do they have with the protagonist?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of marriage in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Why is marriage so important to the characters of the novel? How is marriage portrayed in the novel? How does Darcy view marriage? Whose marriage does he try to put a stop to and why?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)