|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
2. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
3. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
4. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
5. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
3. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
5. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
6. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
7. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
8. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
9. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
10. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Fitzwilliam Darcy. What are his defining character traits? What people or places are important to him and why? Who and what does he despise? How does he interact with others?
Essay Topic 2
Love and romance are major themes of the story. Discuss the pairings of the following couples, the issues they faced and whether you believe they will have a happy ending:
a) Darcy and Elizabeth
b) Bingley and Jane
c) Darcy and Miss Bingley
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
This section contains 1,532 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)