|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
2. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
3. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
4. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
5. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
2. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
3. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
4. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
5. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
6. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
7. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
8. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
9. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
10. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth evolve as the novel progresses? What does Darcy like about Elizabeth? What does he realize about their relationship in the end?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Aidan's use of foreshadowing in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What aspects of the plot does she use foreshadowing to hint at? What does the reader learn of Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth before he does through foreshadowing? What does Darcy's distaste for Elizabeth's family foreshadow?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What is Miss Bingley jealous of? Does Darcy ever show signs of jealousy? What is Bingley jealous of? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)