|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
4. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
5. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
2. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
3. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
4. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
5. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
6. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
7. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
8. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
9. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
10. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of jealousy in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". What is Miss Bingley jealous of? Does Darcy ever show signs of jealousy? What is Bingley jealous of? What do these feelings tell the reader about the feelings of these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Darcy and Elizabeth. How does it change throughout the novel? How do Darcy's feelings for Elizabeth evolve as the novel progresses? What does Darcy like about Elizabeth? What does he realize about their relationship in the end?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "An Assembly Such As This". Is family important to Darcy? What is his relationship like with his younger sister Georgiana? What does he think of Elizabeth's family? Might they cause problems for Darcy and Elizabeth?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)