|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss. Bingley.
2. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) To Pemberley.
(b) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(c) On a hunting trip.
3. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
4. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's employee expenses.
(b) The charitable funds for the year.
(c) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(d) Darcy's properties in the country.
5. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(b) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(c) Money matters.
(d) His appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
3. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
4. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
5. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
2. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
3. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
4. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
5. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
6. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
7. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
8. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
9. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
10. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)