|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
3. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(b) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(c) A satin cream coloured coat.
(d) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A pounding in his head.
(b) An ache in his legs.
(c) A tightness in his chest.
(d) A shortness of breath.
5. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Colonel Forster.
(c) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
2. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
3. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
4. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
5. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
2. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
6. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
7. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
9. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
10. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)