Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He reads.
(b) He daydreams.
(c) He watches the passing scenery.
(d) He naps.
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(b) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(c) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(d) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is for children.
(c) It is serious in nature.
(d) It is unpopular with women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
4. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
5. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)