|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy storms out of the room.
(b) Darcy laughs.
(c) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(d) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(c) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(d) He replies with a simple 'no'.
3. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(b) Darcy's father.
(c) Miss Bingley's.
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To run a quick errand.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To avoid Darcy.
5. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(d) Hating everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
2. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
3. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
4. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
5. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
2. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
3. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
4. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
5. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
6. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
7. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
8. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
9. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
10. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)