|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Armstrong.
(b) Miss Cecil.
(c) Miss Smart.
(d) Miss Powder.
2. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(c) Hating everyone.
3. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
4. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) His making friends.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) That he will always be able to fool others.
(d) That his dancing card will always be full.
5. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(b) His appearance.
(c) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) Money matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
3. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
5. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
2. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
3. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
4. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
6. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
8. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
9. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
10. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)