|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Miss Bingley.
2. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(b) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(c) The Bennets' tardiness.
(d) Elizabeth's rudeness.
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
5. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(b) She is tolerating Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is indifferent to Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
2. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
3. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
4. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
5. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
2. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
3. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
4. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
5. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
6. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
7. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
9. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
10. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)