|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(b) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(c) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
(d) Mr. Arthur West.
2. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Smart.
(b) Miss Cecil.
(c) Miss Armstrong.
(d) Miss Powder.
3. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) His appearance.
(b) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(c) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) Money matters.
4. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
(b) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(c) Captain Luther's soiree.
(d) Lord Templeton's soiree.
5. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(b) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(c) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(d) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
4. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
5. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
2. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
3. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
4. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
5. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
6. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
7. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
8. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
9. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
10. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)