|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(b) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(c) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(d) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
2. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not dancing.
3. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(a) The Paso Doble.
(b) The waltz.
(d) The tango.
4. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Bennet.
5. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
2. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
4. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
5. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
3. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
4. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
5. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
6. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
8. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
9. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
10. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)