|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
(a) Darcy's mood.
(b) The subject of the sermon.
(c) The weather.
(d) Darcy's garb.
2. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
3. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) To Pemberley.
(b) On a hunting trip.
(d) Meryton, then Longbourn.
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To run a quick errand.
(d) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
5. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Lady Melbourne's son.
(c) Darcy's childhood friend.
(d) Darcy's property manager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
4. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
5. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
2. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
5. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
6. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
7. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
8. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
9. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
10. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)