|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
2. What is Darcy's horse named?
3. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(b) Money matters.
(c) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(d) His appearance.
4. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
5. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(b) The difference between country life and city life.
(c) The difference between men and women.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
2. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
5. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
2. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
3. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
4. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
5. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
6. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
7. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
8. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
9. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
10. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)