|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(b) His appearance.
(c) Money matters.
(d) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
2. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy storms out of the room.
(b) Darcy laughs.
(c) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(d) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
3. What is Darcy's horse named?
4. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
2. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
3. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
4. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
5. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
2. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
3. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
4. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
5. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
6. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
7. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
8. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
10. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)