|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(b) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(c) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(d) Elizabeth's brooch.
2. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A tightness in his chest.
(b) A pounding in his head.
(c) A shortness of breath.
(d) An ache in his legs.
3. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is for children.
(c) It is unpopular with women.
(d) It is serious in nature.
4. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(d) Miss. Bingley.
5. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
2. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
3. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
4. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
5. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
2. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
3. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
4. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
5. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
6. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
7. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
8. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
9. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
10. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)