|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(a) Hating everyone.
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(b) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(c) A satin cream coloured coat.
(d) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
3. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) The weather.
(b) Her outfit.
(c) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(d) The music and the dancing.
4. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between country life and city life.
(b) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(c) The difference between men and women.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
5. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
2. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
3. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
4. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
5. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
3. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
4. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
5. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
6. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
7. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
8. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
10. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)