|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Darcy's horse named?
2. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
3. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) The music and the dancing.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) The weather.
4. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not dancing.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not drinking.
5. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
2. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
3. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
4. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
5. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
3. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
4. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
6. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
7. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
9. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
10. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)