|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(b) Darcy laughs.
(c) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(d) Darcy storms out of the room.
2. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(c) Colonel Forster.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
3. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He is seized with a need to do something.
(b) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(c) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(d) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
4. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Powder.
(b) Miss Smart.
(c) Miss Armstrong.
(d) Miss Cecil.
5. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(d) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
2. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
3. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
4. What is Darcy's horse named?
5. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
2. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
5. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
6. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
7. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
8. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
9. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
10. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)