|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is regretful.
(b) He is glad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is indifferent.
2. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
3. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She claims they never read the same books.
(b) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(c) She tells him that she never reads.
(d) She ignores him completely.
4. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Eight o'clock am.
(b) Five o'clock pm.
(d) Ten o'clock am.
5. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(b) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(c) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(d) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
2. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
3. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
4. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
5. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
2. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
4. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
5. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
6. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
7. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
8. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
9. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
10. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)