|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
2. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley's.
(b) Darcy's father.
3. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Purchasing Netherfield.
(b) Returning to London.
(c) Proposing to Jane.
(d) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
4. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(b) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(c) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(d) That Elizabeth should return home.
5. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(b) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(c) Darcy storms out of the room.
(d) Darcy laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
2. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
3. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
4. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
5. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
2. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
3. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
4. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
5. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
6. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
7. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
8. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
9. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
10. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)