|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's employee expenses.
(b) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(c) Darcy's properties in the country.
(d) The charitable funds for the year.
2. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) The weather.
(d) The music and the dancing.
3. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(b) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(c) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(d) Elizabeth's brooch.
4. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is tolerating Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
5. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(b) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(c) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(d) That Elizabeth should return home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
2. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
3. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
4. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
2. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
3. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
4. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
5. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
6. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
7. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
8. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
9. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
10. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)