|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(d) A satin cream coloured coat.
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He replies with a simple 'no'.
3. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(b) A young woman.
(c) A of literature.
(d) Some flowers.
4. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
5. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A pounding in his head.
(b) A shortness of breath.
(c) A tightness in his chest.
(d) An ache in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
3. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
5. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
2. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
3. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
4. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
5. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
6. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
7. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
8. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
9. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
10. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)