|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) His making friends.
(b) That his dancing card will always be full.
(c) That he will escape social injury.
(d) That he will always be able to fool others.
2. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(a) The tango.
(c) The waltz.
(d) The Paso Doble.
3. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(b) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(c) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
(d) He is seized with a need to do something.
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To run a quick errand.
5. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's brooch.
(d) Elizabeth's bookmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
2. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
3. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
4. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
5. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
2. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
3. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
4. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
5. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
7. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
8. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
9. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
10. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)