|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Papillon.
(b) The Capelet.
(c) The Plume.
(d) The Roquet.
2. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's childhood friend.
(c) Darcy's property manager.
(d) Lady Melbourne's son.
3. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) The weather.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) The music and the dancing.
4. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's brooch.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(d) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
5. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) To wilfully misunderstand people.
(b) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(c) Holding grudges.
(d) Trusting the wrong people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
2. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
3. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
4. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
5. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
2. Why is Bingley annoyed during the ball in Chapter 9?
3. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
4. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
5. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
6. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Darcy decide to leave the soiree in Chapter 12?
8. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
9. What do Elizabeth and Darcy talk about during their dance in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)