|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both proud to a fault.
(b) They are both deeply religious.
(c) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
(d) They are both fond of reading and writing.
2. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Darcy's fortune.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Bingley's faults.
(d) Elizabeth's suitors.
3. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is regretful.
(b) He is glad.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is indifferent.
4. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Distrusting Darcy.
(b) Making a single mistake.
(c) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
(d) Losing Darcy's friendship.
5. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
3. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
4. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
5. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
2. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
3. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
4. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
5. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
6. Why is Fletcher overly concerned with Darcy's clothes at the beginning of Chapter 8?
7. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
8. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
9. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
10. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)