|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(b) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(c) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(d) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
2. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(b) They are both proud to a fault.
(c) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
(d) They are both deeply religious.
3. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(b) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Arthur West.
(d) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A shortness of breath.
(b) An ache in his legs.
(c) A pounding in his head.
(d) A tightness in his chest.
5. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He reads.
(b) He naps.
(c) He daydreams.
(d) He watches the passing scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
5. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy asks her about their encounter in Meryton in Chapter 9?
2. How does Elizabeth respond when Darcy blames himself for her coldness in Chapter 9?
3. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
4. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
5. How do Darcy and Elizabeth criticize each other in Chapter 7?
6. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
8. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
9. What appalls Darcy at the dinner table in Chapter 10?
10. How do Darcy and Bingley feel about attending Lady Melbourne's soiree?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)