|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A signal.
(c) A note.
(d) A book.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(b) A piece of toast.
(c) To go riding with him.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(b) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(c) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(d) How to paint pottery.
4. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) Her handkerchief.
(b) A dance.
(d) A chocolate.
5. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(b) Health tonics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
2. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
3. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
4. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
5. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
2. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
3. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
4. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
5. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Darcy yell when someone knocks at his door in Chapter 13? Who is at the door and how does Darcy react?
7. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
8. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
9. How do the Bennet's further embarrass themselves at the ball in Chapter 10?
10. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)