|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(b) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) The gossip which immediately follows.
2. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(b) That she has spent time in London.
(c) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(d) That she has a lot of pride.
3. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) An apology.
(b) A lecture.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A dance.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(a) A piece of toast.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) To go riding with him.
5. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(b) His tardiness.
(c) Planning to throw a ball.
(d) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
2. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
3. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
5. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
2. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
3. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
4. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
6. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
7. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
8. How does Darcy dress for Lady Melbourne's soiree?
9. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
10. Why does Darcy watch Bingley and Jane closely in Chapter 10? What conclusion does he come to?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)