|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(b) The gossip which immediately follows.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
2. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her poverty.
(d) Her personality.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(a) To go riding with him.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A piece of toast.
4. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Fetching expensive medicines.
(b) Bringing a doctor from London.
(c) Taking her to a hospital.
(d) Calling for her mother.
5. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her fondness for her father.
(b) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(c) Her insecurity.
(d) Her engaging manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
2. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
3. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
4. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
5. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
2. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
3. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
4. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
5. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
7. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
8. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
9. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
10. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)