|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Bringing a doctor from London.
(b) Fetching expensive medicines.
(c) Taking her to a hospital.
(d) Calling for her mother.
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(b) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(c) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
(d) That Bingley is indecisive.
3. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she is very witty.
(b) That she has great sense.
(c) That she is very affectionate.
(d) That she is lively and innocent.
4. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) The Bennets'.
(b) Colonel Forster's.
(c) Captain Carter's.
(d) Old Mr. Wickham's.
5. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Take a turn around the room.
(c) Have coffee.
(d) Spy on Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
2. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
3. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
4. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
5. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
2. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
3. What disturbance takes place at the church in Chapter 8?
4. What story does Dy tell Bingley in Chapter 13? Why does he tell this story?
5. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
6. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
7. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
8. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
9. What do Darcy and Bingley talk about during their journey in Chapter 11?
10. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)