|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Sir William Lucas' home.
(b) Squire Justin's home.
(c) Colonel Forster's home.
(d) The Bennets' home.
2. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
(a) His appearance.
(b) Rising early.
(c) Dancing at the assembly.
(d) His taste in literature.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That she is universally admired.
(b) That he would like to dance with her.
(c) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(d) That she will make a fine wife.
4. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
5. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Being grumpy in the morning.
(c) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(d) Prefering animals over human company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
2. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
3. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
4. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
5. What is Darcy's valet named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
2. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
3. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
4. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
5. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
6. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
7. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
8. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
9. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
10. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)