|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her calming effect on her mother.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
2. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With admiration.
(b) With annoyance.
(c) With anger.
(d) With affection.
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) A prominent place.
(b) A commanding place.
(c) An influencial place.
(d) An unwelcomed place.
4. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The time he is wasting at the party.
(b) Taking a horse ride.
(c) The insipidity of the people there.
(d) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
5. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
(a) His stupidity.
(b) His arrogance.
(c) His innocence.
(d) His quick temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
2. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
4. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
5. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
2. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
3. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
4. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
5. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
6. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
7. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
8. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
9. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
10. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)