|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(b) The girl's mother.
(c) The gossip which immediately follows.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
2. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A local wit.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A prominent sporting man.
3. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Planning to throw a ball.
(b) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(c) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(d) His tardiness.
4. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Rainy weather.
(b) Women her own age.
(c) Country company.
(d) Citrus fruits.
5. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Return to London.
(b) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
3. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
4. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
2. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
3. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
4. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
5. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
6. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
7. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
9. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
10. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)