|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A signal.
(b) A book.
(c) A note.
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By starting a sing-along.
(b) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
(c) By proposing a toast.
(d) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
3. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) In the middle of the dance floor.
(b) In the smoking room.
(c) At the refreshment table.
(d) At the window.
4. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its library.
(b) Its gardens.
(c) Its architecture.
(d) Its art.
5. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her rudeness.
(b) Her language.
(c) Her kindness.
(d) Her anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
2. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
4. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
5. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
2. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
3. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
5. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
6. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
7. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
8. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
9. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
10. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)