|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its architecture.
(b) Its art.
(c) Its gardens.
(d) Its library.
2. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
3. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His pudding.
(b) His hankerchief.
(c) His pocketwatch.
(d) His prayer book.
4. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Militia men.
(c) Elder country gentlemen.
(d) Young ladies.
5. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their gossiping.
(c) Their immodesty.
(d) Their naivete.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
4. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
5. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
2. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
3. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
4. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
5. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
6. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
7. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
8. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
9. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
10. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)