|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to hunt the local game.
(b) How to dress like a gentleman.
(c) How to be a man of property.
(d) How to avoid the locals.
2. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(b) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(c) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
(d) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
3. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
4. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
(a) When he knows his partner well.
(b) When the assembly is small.
(c) When the right music is playing.
(d) When he is not surrounded by strangers.
5. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(b) Speak to Elizabeth.
(c) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
(d) Confront Wickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
3. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
4. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
5. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
3. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
4. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
5. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
6. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
7. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
8. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
9. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
10. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)