|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to hunt the local game.
(b) How to avoid the locals.
(c) How to dress like a gentleman.
(d) How to be a man of property.
2. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(b) Never see Jane again.
(c) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
(d) Return to London.
3. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With affection.
(c) With anger.
(d) With admiration.
4. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Sir William Lucas' home.
(b) Colonel Forster's home.
(c) Squire Justin's home.
(d) The Bennets' home.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(a) Baked goods and jelly.
(b) Well wishes.
(d) Work offers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
2. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
4. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
5. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
2. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
3. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
4. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
5. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
6. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
7. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
8. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
9. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
10. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)