|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will remain silent.
(b) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(c) That she will fall ill.
(d) That she will mind her manners.
2. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The presence of an influential person.
(b) Their piety.
(c) The promise of an afternoon out.
(d) The chance to see their neighbors.
3. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(b) The moon.
(c) The light on his glass.
(d) The reflections on the water fountain.
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His dog.
(b) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(c) His dislike for hunting.
(d) His scowl.
5. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
2. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
3. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
4. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
5. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
2. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
3. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
4. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
5. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
6. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
7. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
8. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
9. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
10. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)