|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Young ladies.
(b) The vicar.
(c) Elder country gentlemen.
(d) Militia men.
2. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Sir William Lucas' home.
(b) The Bennets' home.
(c) Colonel Forster's home.
(d) Squire Justin's home.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Have coffee.
(b) Walk in the garden.
(c) Take a turn around the room.
(d) Spy on Jane.
4. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) So she can greet Charlotte.
(b) Her mother needs her.
(c) To stop herself from arguing with him.
(d) To get herself a drink.
5. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
(a) His taste in literature.
(b) Rising early.
(c) Dancing at the assembly.
(d) His appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
2. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
3. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
4. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
5. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
2. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
3. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
4. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
5. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
6. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
7. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
8. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
9. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
10. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)