|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A wild horse.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A brush fire.
(d) One of the Bennet girls.
2. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(b) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(c) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(d) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
3. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(b) That she has spent time in London.
(c) That she has a lot of pride.
(d) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
4. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A prominent sporting man.
(b) A member of the local council.
(c) A local wit.
(d) A philanthropist.
5. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her needlework.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her table manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
2. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
3. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
4. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
5. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
2. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
3. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
4. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
5. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
6. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
7. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
8. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
9. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
10. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)