Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The moon.
(b) The reflections on the water fountain.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The light on his glass.
2. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) A dance.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A chocolate.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) The joyous people dancing.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) A pair of fine eyes.
(d) A fine female figure.
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(b) His dog.
(c) His scowl.
(d) His dislike for hunting.
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
2. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
3. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
4. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
5. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
2. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
3. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
4. What happens during Darcy's and Bingley's trip to Meryton in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
7. What does Georgiana's letter to Darcy say in Chapter 8?
8. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
9. What does Hinchcliffe discuss with Darcy in Chapter 11?
10. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)