|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
2. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(d) Lyme Park.
3. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A Spanish song.
(b) An Italian song.
(c) A French song.
(d) A German song.
4. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bennets' home.
(b) Colonel Forster's home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) Squire Justin's home.
5. How does Darcy think Elizabeth would be treated in London society?
(a) With affection.
(b) With disdain.
(c) With respect.
(d) With abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
2. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
3. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
4. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
2. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
3. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
4. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
5. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
6. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
7. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
8. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
9. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
10. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)