|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(b) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
2. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The library.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The study.
(d) The terrace.
3. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He begins to feel angry.
(b) He can't help but smile.
(c) He hides from her.
(d) He is drawn toward her.
4. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With anger.
(c) With admiration.
(d) With affection.
5. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
(b) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(c) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(d) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
2. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
3. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
5. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
2. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
3. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
4. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
5. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
6. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
7. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
8. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
9. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
10. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)