|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to paint pottery.
(b) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(c) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(d) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
2. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
3. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A prominent sporting man.
(b) A local wit.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A member of the local council.
4. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) David Copperfied.
(c) Room with a View.
(d) Jane Eyre.
5. Who do Bingley and Darcy joke about before dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Jane Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
3. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
4. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
5. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
2. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
3. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
4. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
5. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
6. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
7. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
8. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
9. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
10. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)