|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Writing to her brother regularly.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her maturity.
(d) Never giving Bingley trouble.
2. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A saint.
(c) A flower.
(d) A queen.
3. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Keeping an eye on the children.
(b) Speaking to the vicar.
(c) Looking at the garden.
(d) Tidying up the church.
4. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He is drawn toward her.
(b) He begins to feel angry.
(c) He hides from her.
(d) He can't help but smile.
5. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(b) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(c) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(d) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
3. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
4. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
2. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
3. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
4. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
5. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
6. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
7. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
8. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
9. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
10. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)