|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
(b) Keep a journal.
(c) Adopt a new horse.
(d) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
2. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The girl's mother.
(b) The gossip which immediately follows.
(c) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(d) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
3. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(b) Lyme Park.
4. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
5. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A fine female figure.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) A pair of fine eyes.
(d) The joyous people dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
2. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
3. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
4. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
5. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
2. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
3. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
4. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
5. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
6. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
7. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
8. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
9. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
10. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)