|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
(a) When he knows his partner well.
(b) When the right music is playing.
(c) When he is not surrounded by strangers.
(d) When the assembly is small.
2. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Buy new books.
(b) Visit the barracks.
(c) Purchase some medicine.
(d) Post their letters.
3. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Darcy sang at church.
(b) That the church service was so lively.
(c) That Darcy attended church.
(d) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
4. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Bringing a doctor from London.
(b) Calling for her mother.
(c) Fetching expensive medicines.
(d) Taking her to a hospital.
5. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(b) Colonel Forster's.
(c) The Bennets'.
(d) Captain Carter's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
2. What is Darcy's first name?
3. What is Darcy's valet named?
4. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
5. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
2. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
3. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
5. What does Miss Bingley do to irritate her brother in Chapter 5?
6. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
7. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
8. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
9. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
10. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)