|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A pair of fine eyes.
(b) A fine female figure.
(c) The setting sun.
(d) The joyous people dancing.
2. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bennets' home.
(b) Squire Justin's home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) Colonel Forster's home.
3. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Tidying up the church.
(b) Speaking to the vicar.
(c) Keeping an eye on the children.
(d) Looking at the garden.
4. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He is drawn toward her.
(b) He hides from her.
(c) He can't help but smile.
(d) He begins to feel angry.
5. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she is very affectionate.
(b) That she is lively and innocent.
(c) That she has great sense.
(d) That she is very witty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
2. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
3. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
5. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
3. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
4. How is Caroline Bingley characterized in Chapter 1?
5. How did Darcy and Bingley come to be friends?
6. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
7. What does Darcy feel confident about at the beginning of Chapter 2?
8. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
9. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
10. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)