|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
(b) That Bingley is indecisive.
(c) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(d) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
2. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A local wit.
(b) A prominent sporting man.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A member of the local council.
3. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) Taking a horse ride.
(b) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(c) The insipidity of the people there.
(d) The time he is wasting at the party.
4. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) The vicar.
(d) George Wickham.
5. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
(b) Miss Lucas.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Lydia Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
2. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
3. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
4. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
5. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
2. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
3. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
5. For what reason does Darcy think Bingley is pleased to have an engagement at Sir Lucas' home?
6. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
7. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
8. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
9. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
10. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)