|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to hunt the local game.
(b) How to be a man of property.
(c) How to dress like a gentleman.
(d) How to avoid the locals.
2. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As borderline criminal.
(b) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
(c) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(d) As barely respectable.
3. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The insipidity of the people there.
(b) Taking a horse ride.
(c) The time he is wasting at the party.
(d) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
4. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(c) Lyme Park.
5. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(b) The gossip which immediately follows.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
2. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
4. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
5. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
2. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
3. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
4. What does Darcy do during the shooting party?
5. How does Darcy respond when Bingley tries to get him to dance in Chapter 1?
6. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
7. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
8. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
9. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
10. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)