|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Militia men.
(b) Elder country gentlemen.
(c) Young ladies.
(d) The vicar.
2. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Spy on Jane.
(b) Walk in the garden.
(c) Take a turn around the room.
(d) Have coffee.
3. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(b) Lyme Park.
4. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The presence of an influential person.
(b) Their piety.
(c) The chance to see their neighbors.
(d) The promise of an afternoon out.
5. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
3. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
4. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
5. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bingley's and Darcy's entrance to Lady Melbourne's soiree.
2. What does Darcy instruct Miss Bingley to do to keep Jane and Bingley apart?
3. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
4. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
5. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
6. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
7. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
8. In what ways are Darcy's growing feelings for Elizabeth demonstrated in Chapter 4?
9. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
10. What story does Dy tell Bingley in Chapter 13? Why does he tell this story?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)