|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) George Wickham.
(d) The vicar.
2. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(b) Health tonics.
3. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her rudeness.
(c) Her kindness.
(d) Her language.
4. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
(b) As borderline criminal.
(c) As barely respectable.
(d) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
5. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
(a) It is too far from London.
(b) It pleases him.
(c) It would be wise to purchase.
(d) It is in shambles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
4. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
5. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
2. What are the ladies occupied with when Darcy and Bingley arrive at Lucas Lodge?
3. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
4. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
5. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
6. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
7. How do Darcy and Elizabeth get along in their first conversation in Chapter 3?
8. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
9. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
10. What does Miss Bingley assume Darcy is thinking about when she approaches him at Lucas Lodge? What does Darcy say he is actually meditating on?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)