|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A wild horse.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A brush fire.
(d) One of the Bennet girls.
2. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Speaking to the vicar.
(b) Keeping an eye on the children.
(c) Tidying up the church.
(d) Looking at the garden.
3. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(b) That she will fall ill.
(c) That she will remain silent.
(d) That she will mind her manners.
4. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Kitty Bennet.
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Jane Bennet.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
5. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(b) Her calming effect on her mother.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
2. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
3. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
5. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
2. What does Darcy notice has a group of young men excited at the party in Chapter 3?
3. What surprises Darcy about Elizabeth's choice of reading material in Chapter 7?
4. What reason does Darcy give for turning down Miss Bingley's invitation to join her and Elizabeth on a walk around the room?
5. What has Netherfield in an uproar when Darcy and Bingley return in Chapter 6?
6. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
7. What story does Dy tell Bingley in Chapter 13? Why does he tell this story?
8. In Chapter 7, how does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's planned departure from Netherfield?
9. How does Bingley respond when Darcy asks him about Jane's regard for him?
10. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)