|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Being grumpy in the morning.
(b) Prefering animals over human company.
(c) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(d) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) Taking a horse ride.
(b) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(c) The insipidity of the people there.
(d) The time he is wasting at the party.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) A pair of fine eyes.
(c) A fine female figure.
(d) The joyous people dancing.
4. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Have coffee.
(c) Spy on Jane.
(d) Take a turn around the room.
5. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) A shooting expedition.
(c) An archery competition.
(d) A billiards tournament.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darcy think Elizabeth would be treated in London society?
2. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miss Bingley mock the Bennet sisters in Chapter 2?
2. How does Darcy respond when Miss Bingley asks for his opinion of Elizabeth Bennet's beauty?
3. What does Darcy know about Bingley, which prevents him from worrying about his friend forming an attachment to Jane Bennet?
4. What does Darcy note about Elizabeth as he watches her at the party in Chapter 3?
5. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
6. What does Darcy say is the only thing steadying Darcy's admiration of Elizabeth in Chapter 6?
7. How does Darcy explain it came about that he shared his prayer book with Miss Bingley at church?
8. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
9. What delays the Netherfield party's arrival at Squire Justin house in Chapter 4? What does this demonstrate about Miss Bingley?
10. At Squire Justin's house, when Darcy tells Miss Bingley that she is universally admired what does she insinuate with her response?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)