|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) George Wickham.
(b) The vicar.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
2. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their gossiping.
(b) Their naivete.
(c) Their fashion sense.
(d) Their immodesty.
3. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
4. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
(b) That she treats her mother like a child.
(c) That she continually glares at him.
(d) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
5. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(b) The moon.
(c) The reflections on the water fountain.
(d) The light on his glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
2. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
3. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
4. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Georgiana tell Darcy in her letter in Chapter 1?
2. What upsets Darcy when he sees Bingley dancing with the most handsome girl at the party?
3. What does Bingley inform Darcy of after the shooting party? What does Darcy realize when he is told this?
4. What does Darcy realize by Elizabeth's behavior toward him in Chapter 3?
5. What does Bingley thank Darcy for in Chapter 2?
6. How does Bingley's company react when he praises Miss Bennet in Chapter 2?
7. What work of literature is "An Assembly Such as This" based on? How does "An Assembly Such as This" differ from the original story?
8. What does Darcy debate after suggesting that Bingley invite Elizabeth to stay and nurse her sister?
9. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
10. What embarrasses Darcy at the end of Chapter 4?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)