|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Lydia Bennet.
(b) Miss Mary Bennet.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
2. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(b) Trusting the wrong people.
(c) Holding grudges.
(d) To wilfully misunderstand people.
3. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A tightness in his chest.
(b) A pounding in his head.
(c) A shortness of breath.
(d) An ache in his legs.
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(c) Hating everyone.
5. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That his dancing card will always be full.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) His making friends.
(d) That he will always be able to fool others.
6. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
7. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(d) Colonel Forster.
8. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(b) An Inland Voyage.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) Paradise Lost.
9. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss. Bingley.
10. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
11. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss. Bingley.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
12. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(a) Miss Bingley's.
(b) Darcy's father.
13. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(a) Jane and Elizabeth.
14. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(b) On a hunting trip.
(c) To Pemberley.
15. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Bingley's faults.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Darcy's fortune.
(d) Elizabeth's suitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
2. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)