|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Money matters.
(b) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(c) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) His appearance.
2. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
3. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His maltreatment of her sister.
(b) His inappropriate advances towards her.
(c) His prejudice against her family.
(d) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
4. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
(b) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) The country dances in Meryton.
5. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Making a single mistake.
(b) Distrusting Darcy.
(c) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(d) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
6. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(d) Colonel Forster.
7. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
(a) She doesn't know how to communicate them into words.
(b) It would be inappropriate.
(c) She is unsure of her feelings.
(d) She is shy.
8. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(c) Some flowers.
(d) A of literature.
9. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is serious in nature.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is out of fashion.
10. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between country life and city life.
11. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(b) She is tolerating Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
12. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(b) Miss. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
13. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(b) Eight o'clock am.
(c) Five o'clock pm.
(d) Ten o'clock am.
14. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not dancing.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not attending her parties.
15. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(b) He is attending another function.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is in London on business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
2. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
3. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
4. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
5. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)