|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(d) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
2. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's property manager.
(c) Lady Melbourne's son.
(d) Darcy's childhood friend.
3. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To go on a trip to Paris.
(b) To donate money to a charity.
(c) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(d) To help her governess' family.
4. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(b) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(c) Lock up Netherfield.
(d) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
6. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
(a) They compliment Darcy's apparel.
(b) She is wearing the same outfit as she did the day before.
(c) They are much too small for her.
(d) They are not appropriate for church.
7. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Proposing to Jane.
(b) Returning to London.
(c) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
(d) Purchasing Netherfield.
8. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He naps.
(b) He reads.
(c) He daydreams.
(d) He watches the passing scenery.
9. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(b) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(c) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(d) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
10. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To run a quick errand.
11. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is serious in nature.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is out of fashion.
12. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(b) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
13. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(b) Mr. Arthur West.
(c) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(d) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
14. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That he will always be able to fool others.
(b) His making friends.
(c) That his dancing card will always be full.
(d) That he will escape social injury.
15. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
2. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
3. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
4. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
5. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)