|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Colonel Forster.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
2. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
3. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(b) Holding grudges.
(c) Trusting the wrong people.
(d) To wilfully misunderstand people.
4. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
6. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
(c) The country dances in Meryton.
(d) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
7. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) His making friends.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) That he will always be able to fool others.
(d) That his dancing card will always be full.
8. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She ignores him completely.
(b) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(c) She claims they never read the same books.
(d) She tells him that she never reads.
9. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(d) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
10. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Darcy's fortune.
(b) Elizabeth's suitors.
(c) Bingley's faults.
(d) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
11. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
12. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Five o'clock pm.
(c) Eight o'clock am.
(d) Ten o'clock am.
13. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He daydreams.
(b) He reads.
(c) He naps.
(d) He watches the passing scenery.
14. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
(a) A marriage between Bingley and Jane.
(b) A ball at his house.
(c) A Bennet family secret.
(d) Growing affection between Darcy and Elizabeth.
15. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
2. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
3. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
4. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
5. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)