|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
2. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is attending another function.
(c) He is in London on business.
(d) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
3. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not dancing.
4. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(b) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(c) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(d) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
5. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That he will escape social injury.
(b) That he will always be able to fool others.
(c) That his dancing card will always be full.
(d) His making friends.
6. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
(a) Darcy's mood.
(b) The subject of the sermon.
(c) The weather.
(d) Darcy's garb.
7. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He naps.
(b) He daydreams.
(c) He watches the passing scenery.
(d) He reads.
8. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
9. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(c) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(d) To run a quick errand.
10. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Plume.
(b) The Papillon.
(c) The Capelet.
(d) The Roquet.
11. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(a) Darcy's father.
(d) Miss Bingley's.
12. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(d) Colonel Forster.
13. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Darcy's childhood friend.
(b) Darcy's property manager.
(c) Lady Melbourne's son.
(d) Georgiana's suitor.
14. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
15. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Collins.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
3. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
5. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)