|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
(a) Growing affection between Darcy and Elizabeth.
(b) A marriage between Bingley and Jane.
(c) A Bennet family secret.
(d) A ball at his house.
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(d) Elizabeth's brooch.
3. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is in London on business.
(b) He is attending another function.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
4. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
(a) A Saturday.
(b) A Sunday.
(c) A Tuesday.
(d) A Thursday.
5. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(b) The Paso Doble.
(c) The tango.
(d) The waltz.
6. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) Some flowers.
(b) A young woman.
(d) A of literature.
7. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between country life and city life.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
8. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He reads.
(b) He naps.
(c) He daydreams.
(d) He watches the passing scenery.
9. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(b) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(c) The Bennets' tardiness.
(d) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
10. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Elizabeth should return home.
(b) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(c) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(d) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
11. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) An Inland Voyage.
(c) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(d) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
12. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(c) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
13. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is serious in nature.
14. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(b) The country dances in Meryton.
(c) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
15. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Papillon.
(b) The Plume.
(c) The Capelet.
(d) The Roquet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
2. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
4. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
5. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)