|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
2. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(b) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(c) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(d) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
3. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's childhood friend.
(c) Lady Melbourne's son.
(d) Darcy's property manager.
4. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
(a) Darcy's college friend.
(b) Darcy's brother-in-law.
(c) Darcy's uncle.
(d) Darcy's business partner.
5. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The tango.
(d) The Paso Doble.
6. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(b) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(c) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(d) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
7. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
8. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
(b) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) The country dances in Meryton.
9. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Ten o'clock am.
(b) Five o'clock pm.
(d) Eight o'clock am.
10. What is Darcy's horse named?
11. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(d) Elizabeth's rudeness.
12. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
(b) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(c) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(d) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
13. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(c) Hating everyone.
14. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That his dancing card will always be full.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) That he will always be able to fool others.
(d) His making friends.
15. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Distrusting Darcy.
(b) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
(c) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(d) Making a single mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
2. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
3. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
4. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
5. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)