|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
2. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A tightness in his chest.
(b) A shortness of breath.
(c) An ache in his legs.
(d) A pounding in his head.
3. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
(a) They are much too small for her.
(b) They are not appropriate for church.
(c) They compliment Darcy's apparel.
(d) She is wearing the same outfit as she did the day before.
4. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Proposing to Jane.
(b) Purchasing Netherfield.
(c) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
(d) Returning to London.
5. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's employee expenses.
(b) The charitable funds for the year.
(c) Darcy's properties in the country.
(d) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
6. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
(b) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(c) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(d) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
7. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not dancing.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not attending her parties.
8. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
9. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
(d) Mr. Bennet.
10. What is Darcy's horse named?
11. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
(c) The country dances in Meryton.
(d) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
12. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(d) A satin cream coloured coat.
13. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
(a) Darcy's business partner.
(b) Darcy's college friend.
(c) Darcy's uncle.
(d) Darcy's brother-in-law.
14. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
(a) A Sunday.
(b) A Tuesday.
(c) A Thursday.
(d) A Saturday.
15. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(b) Darcy storms out of the room.
(c) Darcy laughs.
(d) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
2. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
3. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
4. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
5. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)