|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(b) To go on a trip to Paris.
(c) To help her governess' family.
(d) To donate money to a charity.
2. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(b) That Elizabeth should return home.
(c) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(d) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
3. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(b) Darcy storms out of the room.
(c) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(d) Darcy laughs.
4. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(c) Colonel Forster.
5. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(a) The waltz.
(b) The tango.
(c) The Paso Doble.
6. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(b) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(c) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(d) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
7. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Miss. Bingley.
8. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Arthur West.
(b) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(c) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(d) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
9. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is tolerating Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(d) She is attracted to Bingley.
10. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
11. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
12. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not attending her parties.
(b) Not drinking.
(c) Not dancing.
(d) Not smiling.
13. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Smart.
(b) Miss Armstrong.
(c) Miss Powder.
(d) Miss Cecil.
14. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(b) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(c) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(d) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
15. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Lydia Bennet.
(d) Miss Mary Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
2. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)