Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He reads.
(b) He daydreams.
(c) He watches the passing scenery.
(d) He naps.
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(b) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(c) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(d) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is for children.
(c) It is serious in nature.
(d) It is unpopular with women.
6. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) Some flowers.
(c) A young woman.
(d) A of literature.
7. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Bingley.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Jane Bennet.
8. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Mary Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Lydia Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
9. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
(a) It would be inappropriate.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is unsure of her feelings.
(d) She doesn't know how to communicate them into words.
10. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's properties in the country.
(b) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(c) The charitable funds for the year.
(d) Darcy's employee expenses.
11. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(d) Colonel Forster.
12. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
(a) Emerdale House.
(b) Erewhile House.
(c) Eves House.
(d) Eton House.
13. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
14. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To donate money to a charity.
(b) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(c) To help her governess' family.
(d) To go on a trip to Paris.
15. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
(a) Darcy's garb.
(b) The weather.
(c) The subject of the sermon.
(d) Darcy's mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
2. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
3. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
4. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
5. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)