|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) Holding grudges.
(b) To wilfully misunderstand people.
(c) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(d) Trusting the wrong people.
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(b) Mr. Arthur West.
(c) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(d) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
3. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
4. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(b) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(c) An Inland Voyage.
(d) Paradise Lost.
5. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is attending another function.
(d) He is in London on business.
6. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is serious in nature.
7. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Lydia Bennet.
(d) Miss Mary Bennet.
8. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) The weather.
(d) The music and the dancing.
9. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To donate money to a charity.
(b) To help her governess' family.
(c) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(d) To go on a trip to Paris.
10. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(b) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(c) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(d) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
11. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He watches the passing scenery.
(b) He reads.
(c) He naps.
(d) He daydreams.
12. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not dancing.
(d) Not smiling.
13. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(b) Miss. Bingley.
14. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(b) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(c) Money matters.
(d) His appearance.
15. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
2. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
4. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
5. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)