|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(b) Some flowers.
(d) A of literature.
2. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(b) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(c) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(d) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Elizabeth should return home.
(b) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(c) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(d) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
4. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(b) Charlotte Lucas.
(c) Colonel Forster.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
5. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
6. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(b) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
(c) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(d) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
7. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Smart.
(b) Miss Cecil.
(c) Miss Armstrong.
(d) Miss Powder.
8. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
(a) A Saturday.
(b) A Tuesday.
(c) A Thursday.
(d) A Sunday.
9. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) His making friends.
(b) That he will always be able to fool others.
(c) That he will escape social injury.
(d) That his dancing card will always be full.
10. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's childhood friend.
(c) Lady Melbourne's son.
(d) Darcy's property manager.
11. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) The country dances in Meryton.
(b) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
12. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His maltreatment of her sister.
(b) His prejudice against her family.
(c) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
(d) His inappropriate advances towards her.
13. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) The charitable funds for the year.
(b) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(c) Darcy's properties in the country.
(d) Darcy's employee expenses.
14. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
15. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Distrusting Darcy.
(b) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
(c) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(d) Making a single mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
2. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
3. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
4. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
5. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)