|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That he will escape social injury.
(b) That he will always be able to fool others.
(c) That his dancing card will always be full.
(d) His making friends.
2. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Powder.
(b) Miss Cecil.
(c) Miss Armstrong.
(d) Miss Smart.
3. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is serious in nature.
4. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He naps.
(b) He reads.
(c) He daydreams.
(d) He watches the passing scenery.
5. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
6. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His maltreatment of her sister.
(b) His inappropriate advances towards her.
(c) His prejudice against her family.
(d) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
7. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is attracted to Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is tolerating Bingley.
(d) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
8. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
9. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(b) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(c) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(d) To make sure he does not drink too much.
10. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(b) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(c) Captain Luther's soiree.
(d) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
11. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is attending another function.
(d) He is in London on business.
12. What is Darcy's horse named?
13. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is regretful.
14. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) Some flowers.
(b) A of literature.
(c) A young woman.
15. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A satin cream coloured coat.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(d) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
2. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
3. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
5. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)