|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
2. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) His appearance.
(b) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(c) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(d) Money matters.
3. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(b) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(c) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
(d) He is seized with a need to do something.
4. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's property manager.
(c) Lady Melbourne's son.
(d) Darcy's childhood friend.
5. What is Darcy's horse named?
6. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
(a) Eves House.
(b) Erewhile House.
(c) Emerdale House.
(d) Eton House.
7. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
(b) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(c) Mr. Arthur West.
(d) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
8. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is attracted to Bingley.
(b) She is tolerating Bingley.
(c) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(d) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
9. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
10. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's brooch.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(d) Elizabeth's bookmark.
11. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between country life and city life.
(b) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(c) The difference between men and women.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
12. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(b) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(c) That Elizabeth should return home.
(d) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
13. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
14. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) The charitable funds for the year.
(b) Darcy's employee expenses.
(c) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(d) Darcy's properties in the country.
15. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Miss. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
2. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
3. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
4. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
5. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)