|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) His making friends.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) That his dancing card will always be full.
(d) That he will always be able to fool others.
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
3. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) To Pemberley.
(b) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(c) On a hunting trip.
4. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(a) Darcy's father.
(b) Miss Bingley's.
5. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To go on a trip to Paris.
(b) To donate money to a charity.
(c) To help her governess' family.
(d) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
6. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
(b) His prejudice against her family.
(c) His maltreatment of her sister.
(d) His inappropriate advances towards her.
7. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
8. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) An ache in his legs.
(b) A shortness of breath.
(c) A pounding in his head.
(d) A tightness in his chest.
9. What is Darcy's horse named?
10. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
11. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet.
12. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Lady Melbourne's son.
(b) Georgiana's suitor.
(c) Darcy's property manager.
(d) Darcy's childhood friend.
13. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) The charitable funds for the year.
(b) Darcy's properties in the country.
(c) Darcy's employee expenses.
(d) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
14. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
15. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's brooch.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(d) Elizabeth's bookmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
2. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
3. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
4. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
5. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)