|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(b) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(c) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(d) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A satin cream coloured coat.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(d) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Collins.
4. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(b) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(c) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(d) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
5. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
(b) His maltreatment of her sister.
(c) His prejudice against her family.
(d) His inappropriate advances towards her.
6. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is regretful.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is glad.
(d) He is angry.
7. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A shortness of breath.
(b) A pounding in his head.
(c) A tightness in his chest.
(d) An ache in his legs.
8. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
9. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(b) Miss Bingley's.
(c) Darcy's father.
10. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
11. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Purchasing Netherfield.
(b) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
(c) Proposing to Jane.
(d) Returning to London.
12. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not dancing.
(d) Not smiling.
13. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
14. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
(a) Darcy's garb.
(b) The subject of the sermon.
(c) Darcy's mood.
(d) The weather.
15. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He is seized with a need to do something.
(b) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(c) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(d) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
2. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
3. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
5. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)