|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between country life and city life.
(c) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
2. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
(a) A Sunday.
(b) A Thursday.
(c) A Saturday.
(d) A Tuesday.
3. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(b) Darcy's fortune.
(c) Bingley's faults.
(d) Elizabeth's suitors.
4. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is unpopular with women.
(b) It is for children.
(c) It is out of fashion.
(d) It is serious in nature.
5. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Lydia Bennet.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Miss Mary Bennet.
6. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
7. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(b) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(c) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(d) The Bennets' tardiness.
8. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To help her governess' family.
(b) To go on a trip to Paris.
(c) To donate money to a charity.
(d) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
9. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
10. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
11. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) His appearance.
(b) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(c) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) Money matters.
12. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
13. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(b) Lock up Netherfield.
(c) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(d) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
14. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Colonel Forster.
(c) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
15. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) The weather.
(d) The music and the dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
2. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
3. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
5. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)