|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not attending her parties.
(b) Not dancing.
(c) Not drinking.
(d) Not smiling.
2. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
(a) That his dancing card will always be full.
(b) That he will escape social injury.
(c) That he will always be able to fool others.
(d) His making friends.
3. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To run a quick errand.
(d) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
4. What is Darcy's horse named?
5. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Collins.
6. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(b) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(c) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(d) To make sure he does not drink too much.
7. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(c) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(d) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
8. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
(b) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(c) He is seized with a need to do something.
(d) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
9. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(b) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(c) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(d) Lock up Netherfield.
10. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(d) A satin cream coloured coat.
11. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
12. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Returning to London.
(b) Proposing to Jane.
(c) Purchasing Netherfield.
(d) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
13. According to Bingley, why has Jane never told him how she feels?
(a) She is unsure of her feelings.
(b) She doesn't know how to communicate them into words.
(c) She is shy.
(d) It would be inappropriate.
14. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(b) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Arthur West.
(d) Mr. Preston Lemington.
15. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(b) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(c) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
(d) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
2. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
3. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
4. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
5. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)