|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(b) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(c) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
(d) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
2. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(b) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(c) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(d) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
3. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Elizabeth's suitors.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Bingley's faults.
(d) Darcy's fortune.
4. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Roquet.
(b) The Plume.
(c) The Capelet.
(d) The Papillon.
5. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Money matters.
(b) His appearance.
(c) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(d) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
6. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(c) The country dances in Meryton.
(d) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
7. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) To wilfully misunderstand people.
(b) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(c) Trusting the wrong people.
(d) Holding grudges.
8. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Miss Mary Bennet.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) Lydia Bennet.
9. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(d) Miss. Bingley.
10. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is in London on business.
(c) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(d) He is attending another function.
11. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
12. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(b) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(c) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(d) Elizabeth's brooch.
13. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
(a) Darcy's college friend.
(b) Darcy's uncle.
(c) Darcy's business partner.
(d) Darcy's brother-in-law.
14. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not attending her parties.
(b) Not dancing.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not drinking.
15. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(b) To run a quick errand.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To avoid Darcy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
2. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
3. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
4. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
5. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)