|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(b) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
(c) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(d) Captain Luther's soiree.
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(b) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
(c) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(d) Mr. Arthur West.
3. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(c) An Inland Voyage.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
4. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
(b) Mr. Bennet.
5. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
6. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
7. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) The music and the dancing.
(b) The weather.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) The size of the room or the number of couples.
8. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(b) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(c) Elizabeth's brooch.
(d) Elizabeth's hair pin.
9. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Ten o'clock am.
(c) Eight o'clock am.
(d) Five o'clock pm.
10. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(c) Jane and Elizabeth.
11. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
12. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(b) He is in London on business.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is attending another function.
13. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between country life and city life.
(c) The difference between men and women.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
14. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(b) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(c) Darcy laughs.
(d) Darcy storms out of the room.
15. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(a) Hating everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
2. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
3. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
4. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
5. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)