|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(b) Distrusting Darcy.
(c) Making a single mistake.
(d) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
2. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(b) Some flowers.
(d) A of literature.
3. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(b) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(c) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(d) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(b) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(c) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(d) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
5. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between country life and city life.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
6. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
7. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(b) Jane and Elizabeth.
8. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(a) The tango.
(b) The Paso Doble.
(d) The waltz.
9. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both proud to a fault.
(b) They are both deeply religious.
(c) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(d) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
10. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Lock up Netherfield.
(b) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(c) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(d) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
11. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
(a) Darcy's brother-in-law.
(b) Darcy's college friend.
(c) Darcy's uncle.
(d) Darcy's business partner.
12. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Darcy's childhood friend.
(b) Georgiana's suitor.
(c) Darcy's property manager.
(d) Lady Melbourne's son.
13. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
(a) Growing affection between Darcy and Elizabeth.
(b) A ball at his house.
(c) A Bennet family secret.
(d) A marriage between Bingley and Jane.
14. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(c) Colonel Forster.
15. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Proposing to Jane.
(b) Purchasing Netherfield.
(c) Returning to London.
(d) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)