|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
2. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(b) To run a quick errand.
(c) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(d) To avoid Darcy.
3. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Lock up Netherfield.
(b) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(c) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(d) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
4. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Powder.
(b) Miss Smart.
(c) Miss Cecil.
(d) Miss Armstrong.
5. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A pounding in his head.
(b) A tightness in his chest.
(c) A shortness of breath.
(d) An ache in his legs.
6. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
7. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is attracted to Bingley.
(b) She is tolerating Bingley.
(c) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(d) She is indifferent to Bingley.
8. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's properties in the country.
(b) Darcy's employee expenses.
(c) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(d) The charitable funds for the year.
9. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
(a) He is ill.
(b) He is attending another function.
(c) He is trying to avoid Darcy.
(d) He is in London on business.
10. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is for children.
(c) It is unpopular with women.
(d) It is serious in nature.
11. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
12. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(d) Colonel Forster.
13. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) To wilfully misunderstand people.
(b) Blaming others for her mistakes.
(c) Holding grudges.
(d) Trusting the wrong people.
14. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both proud to a fault.
(b) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(c) They are both deeply religious.
(d) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
15. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(b) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(c) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(d) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
2. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
3. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
4. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
5. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)