|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Jane Bennet.
(d) Miss Mary Bennet.
2. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between country life and city life.
3. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not dancing.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not drinking.
(d) Not smiling.
4. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A of literature.
(b) Some flowers.
(c) A young woman.
5. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(a) Jane and Elizabeth.
6. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(c) Miss. Bingley.
7. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Capelet.
(b) The Plume.
(c) The Roquet.
(d) The Papillon.
8. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
9. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
10. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
(a) A Sunday.
(b) A Saturday.
(c) A Tuesday.
(d) A Thursday.
11. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is regretful.
(d) He is indifferent.
12. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) Darcy's employee expenses.
(b) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(c) Darcy's properties in the country.
(d) The charitable funds for the year.
13. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(b) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(c) The Bennets' tardiness.
(d) Elizabeth's rudeness.
14. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(b) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(c) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(d) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
15. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Distrusting Darcy.
(b) Making a single mistake.
(c) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(d) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
2. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
3. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)