|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Mr. Collins.
2. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
3. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(b) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
(c) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(d) Elizabeth's brooch.
4. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(c) Colonel Forster.
5. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
6. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not drinking.
(b) Not attending her parties.
(c) Not smiling.
(d) Not dancing.
7. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Miss Mary Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
8. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To go on a trip to Paris.
(b) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(c) To donate money to a charity.
(d) To help her governess' family.
9. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(b) On a hunting trip.
(c) To Pemberley.
10. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
11. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
(d) Mr. Bennet.
12. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
(b) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(c) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(d) Captain Luther's soiree.
13. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To avoid Darcy.
(d) To run a quick errand.
14. What does Darcy dissuade Bingley from rushing into in Chapter 11?
(a) Purchasing Netherfield.
(b) Returning to London.
(c) Buying out Mr.Collins stake in Longbourn.
(d) Proposing to Jane.
15. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(d) Miss. Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
2. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
3. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
4. What does Darcy describe Lady Caroline as?
5. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)