|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Darcy's childhood friend.
(b) Lady Melbourne's son.
(c) Georgiana's suitor.
(d) Darcy's property manager.
2. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(b) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
(c) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
(d) He is seized with a need to do something.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(b) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(c) That Elizabeth should return home.
(d) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
4. What dance does Lady Caroline begin dancing that shocks Darcy in Chapter 12?
(b) The tango.
(c) The Paso Doble.
(d) The waltz.
5. What does Fletcher call the outfit that Darcy wears to the soiree?
(a) The Papillon.
(b) The Capelet.
(c) The Roquet.
(d) The Plume.
6. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(a) Jane and Elizabeth.
7. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between country life and city life.
(b) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(c) The difference between men and women.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
8. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She ignores him completely.
(b) She tells him that she never reads.
(c) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(d) She claims they never read the same books.
9. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
10. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(b) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(c) To avoid Darcy.
(d) To run a quick errand.
11. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He watches the passing scenery.
(b) He naps.
(c) He daydreams.
(d) He reads.
12. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
(a) The charitable funds for the year.
(b) Darcy's employee expenses.
(c) Darcy's stocks and bonds.
(d) Darcy's properties in the country.
13. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(b) Mr. Arthur West.
(c) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(d) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
14. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
15. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) The Bennets' tardiness.
(b) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(c) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(d) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
2. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
3. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
4. According to Darcy, what do Wickham's happy manners ensure?
5. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)