|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
2. Who does Darcy plan to have paint Georgiana?
(a) Mr. Arthur West.
(b) Mr. Preston Lemington.
(c) Mr. Bartholomew Carlson.
(d) Mr. Thomas Lawrence.
3. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A pounding in his head.
(b) A shortness of breath.
(c) An ache in his legs.
(d) A tightness in his chest.
4. What does Lady Melbourne chide Darcy for at her soiree?
(a) Not attending her parties.
(b) Not dancing.
(c) Not drinking.
(d) Not smiling.
5. Who does Darcy begin to write a letter to in Chapter 8?
(d) Mr. Bennet.
6. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
(b) His inappropriate advances towards her.
(c) His maltreatment of her sister.
(d) His prejudice against her family.
7. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Collins.
8. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(b) Five o'clock pm.
(c) Ten o'clock am.
(d) Eight o'clock am.
9. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
10. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(c) Miss. Bingley.
11. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
(a) He naps.
(b) He reads.
(c) He watches the passing scenery.
(d) He daydreams.
12. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(b) To Pemberley.
(c) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(d) On a hunting trip.
13. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Captain Luther's soiree.
(b) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
(c) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(d) Lord Templeton's soiree.
14. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
(a) Georgiana's suitor.
(b) Darcy's property manager.
(c) Darcy's childhood friend.
(d) Lady Melbourne's son.
15. Why had Georgiana sent a letter requesting money in Chapter 11?
(a) To pay off a dressmaker's debt.
(b) To help her governess' family.
(c) To donate money to a charity.
(d) To go on a trip to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
2. What day is the ball on in Chapter 9?
3. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
4. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
5. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)