|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is glad.
(d) He is regretful.
2. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
3. What is Dy going to help Darcy do at Lady Melbourne's soiree?
(a) Introduce Darcy to some proper young ladies.
(b) Introduce Bingley to some proper young ladies.
(c) Help him make an excuse to leave early.
(d) Avoid Lady Melbourne.
4. Where does Dy wish to have tea with Darcy in Chapter 12?
5. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
6. Who does Lady Melbourne introduce Bingley to at her soiree?
(a) Miss Smart.
(b) Miss Cecil.
(c) Miss Armstrong.
(d) Miss Powder.
7. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(b) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(c) Lock up Netherfield.
(d) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
8. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(c) To Pemberley.
(d) On a hunting trip.
9. What is the name of Darcy's butler?
10. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(b) Some flowers.
(d) A of literature.
11. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Making a single mistake.
(b) Distrusting Darcy.
(c) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(d) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
12. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
(a) Miss. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
13. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(b) To avoid Darcy.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To run a quick errand.
14. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(b) Captain Luther's soiree.
(c) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(d) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
15. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(d) Elizabeth's rudeness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir William Lucas allude to in Chapter 9?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
4. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)