|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
(a) On a hunting trip.
(c) Meryton, then Longbourn.
(d) To Pemberley.
2. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(d) Jane and Elizabeth.
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mr. Bennet.
4. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(b) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(c) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
(d) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
5. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She claims they never read the same books.
(d) She tells him that she never reads.
6. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
7. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(b) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(c) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(d) To make sure he does not drink too much.
8. Who is Lord Dyford Brougham?
(a) Darcy's business partner.
(b) Darcy's college friend.
(c) Darcy's uncle.
(d) Darcy's brother-in-law.
9. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Five o'clock pm.
(c) Ten o'clock am.
(d) Eight o'clock am.
10. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is regretful.
(d) He is glad.
11. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
(a) His prejudice against her family.
(b) His inappropriate advances towards her.
(c) His maltreatment of her sister.
(d) His comment at the Meryton assembly.
12. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(c) Miss. Bingley.
13. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
14. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(b) Lock up Netherfield.
(c) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(d) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
15. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between country life and city life.
(b) The difference between men and women.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
2. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
3. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
4. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
5. What is the name of Darcy's secretary?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)