|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Darcy think about while Fletcher is shaving him in Chapter 12?
(b) The country dances in Meryton.
(c) Fletcher's inability to shave without a knick.
(d) Mr. Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
2. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Elizabeth's suitors.
(b) Darcy's fortune.
(c) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(d) Bingley's faults.
3. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
4. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
(a) He is scheduled to have a duel with Mr.Bingley.
(b) He feels lethargic and wishes to raise his heartbeat.
(c) He is seized with a need to do something.
(d) He was recently given a new sword that he wishes to try.
5. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(b) To avoid Darcy.
(c) To run a quick errand.
(d) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
6. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both deeply religious.
(b) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
(c) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(d) They are both proud to a fault.
7. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(b) His appearance.
(c) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(d) Money matters.
8. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(b) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(c) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(d) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
9. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
(c) Darcy's father.
(d) Miss Bingley's.
10. What color outfit does Darcy wear to the soiree in Chapter 12?
11. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She claims they never read the same books.
(b) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(c) She tells him that she never reads.
(d) She ignores him completely.
12. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Mr. Bingley.
(c) Mr. Collins.
(d) Miss Bingley.
13. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(a) Jane and Elizabeth.
14. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(b) The Bennets' tardiness.
(c) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(d) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
15. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A satin cream coloured coat.
(b) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(c) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(d) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
2. Who is the Honorable William Lamb?
3. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
5. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)