|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(b) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(c) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(d) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
2. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) Charlotte Bronte.
(d) Charles Dickens.
3. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(b) Health tonics.
4. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Confront Wickham.
(b) Speak to Elizabeth.
(c) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(d) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
5. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Militia men.
(b) The vicar.
(c) Young ladies.
(d) Elder country gentlemen.
6. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her lack of taste.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her dining manners.
(d) Her country accent.
7. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Speaking to the vicar.
(b) Looking at the garden.
(c) Keeping an eye on the children.
(d) Tidying up the church.
8. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has spent time in London.
(b) That she has a lot of pride.
(c) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(d) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
9. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
(a) Mrs. Annesley.
(b) Mrs. Proust.
(c) Mrs. Dashwood.
(d) Mrs. Thistle.
10. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Room with a View.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) David Copperfied.
11. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That the church service was so lively.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(d) That Darcy attended church.
12. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(b) Keep a journal.
(c) Adopt a new horse.
(d) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
13. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(b) The gossip which immediately follows.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
14. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Captain Carter's.
(b) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(c) Colonel Forster's.
(d) The Bennets'.
15. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A billiards tournament.
(b) A horseback ride.
(c) An archery competition.
(d) A shooting expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
2. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
3. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
4. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
5. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)