|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
2. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(b) His scowl.
(c) His dog.
(d) His dislike for hunting.
3. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
(a) Wrote her poetry.
(b) Brought her flowers.
(c) Sent her books.
(d) Wrote a song for her.
4. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will mind her manners.
(b) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(c) That she will remain silent.
(d) That she will fall ill.
5. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A lecture.
(c) An apology.
(d) A dance.
6. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
(b) Miss Bennet.
7. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A prominent sporting man.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A local wit.
8. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(b) Her insecurity.
(c) Her fondness for her father.
(d) Her engaging manners.
9. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A pair of fine eyes.
(b) A fine female figure.
(c) The joyous people dancing.
(d) The setting sun.
10. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
(a) The host.
(b) The militia.
(c) The vicar.
(d) The Bingley sisters.
11. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is not his idea of perfection.
(b) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is worthy of his attention.
12. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
(a) At Netherfield.
(b) Squire Justin's house.
(c) At the Lucas'.
(d) With Mr. Collins.
13. What is Darcy's valet named?
14. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her maturity.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Writing to her brother regularly.
(d) Never giving Bingley trouble.
15. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has a lot of pride.
(b) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(c) That she has spent time in London.
(d) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
2. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
3. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
4. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
5. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)