|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) A billiards tournament.
(c) A shooting expedition.
(d) An archery competition.
2. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) To get herself a drink.
(b) To stop herself from arguing with him.
(c) Her mother needs her.
(d) So she can greet Charlotte.
3. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley is indecisive.
(b) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(c) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(d) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
4. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) A chocolate.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A dance.
5. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
(a) Against a wall.
(b) In front of a window.
(c) By the buffet.
(d) Behind a group of gentlemen.
6. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their immodesty.
(c) Their naivete.
(d) Their gossiping.
7. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Fetching expensive medicines.
(b) Calling for her mother.
(c) Bringing a doctor from London.
(d) Taking her to a hospital.
8. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
(b) That the event will be over quickly.
(c) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(d) That he will soon return to London.
9. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(b) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
(c) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
10. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
(a) The Rectory.
(b) Kellynch Hall
(d) Lucas Lodge.
11. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(b) How to paint pottery.
(c) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(d) How to do their hair in the latest style.
12. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she is very witty.
(b) That she has great sense.
(c) That she is lively and innocent.
(d) That she is very affectionate.
13. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The library.
(c) The study.
(d) The terrace.
14. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Rainy weather.
(c) Citrus fruits.
(d) Women her own age.
15. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) A prominent place.
(b) An unwelcomed place.
(c) A commanding place.
(d) An influencial place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
2. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
3. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
4. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
5. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)