|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) By rowboat.
(d) On foot.
2. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her country accent.
(b) Her lack of taste.
(c) Her dining manners.
(d) Her pride.
3. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A French song.
(b) A Spanish song.
(c) A German song.
(d) An Italian song.
4. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
5. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
(a) Mrs. Thistle.
(b) Mrs. Annesley.
(c) Mrs. Dashwood.
(d) Mrs. Proust.
6. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The light on his glass.
(b) The moon.
(c) The reflections on the water fountain.
(d) The sparkle of the chandelier.
7. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(b) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
(c) As borderline criminal.
(d) As barely respectable.
8. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her singing voice.
(b) Her calming effect on her mother.
(c) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
9. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Room with a View.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfied.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
10. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Squire Justin's home.
(b) The Bennets' home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) Colonel Forster's home.
11. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Spy on Jane.
(c) Have coffee.
(d) Take a turn around the room.
12. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Kitty Bennet.
(d) Lydia Bennet.
13. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
14. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Elder country gentlemen.
(b) Militia men.
(c) The vicar.
(d) Young ladies.
15. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He begins to feel angry.
(b) He hides from her.
(c) He is drawn toward her.
(d) He can't help but smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
2. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
4. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)