|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His pudding.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His hankerchief.
(d) His pocketwatch.
2. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her poverty.
3. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(b) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
4. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
5. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
6. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) George Wickham.
7. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(b) That she has a lot of pride.
(c) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(d) That she has spent time in London.
8. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) At the window.
(b) In the middle of the dance floor.
(c) At the refreshment table.
(d) In the smoking room.
9. What is Darcy's first name?
10. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
11. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(b) A dance.
(c) A chocolate.
(d) Her handkerchief.
12. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A shooting expedition.
(b) A billiards tournament.
(c) An archery competition.
(d) A horseback ride.
13. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her country accent.
(b) Her dining manners.
(c) Her lack of taste.
(d) Her pride.
14. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
(a) Severity on ladies.
(b) Looking down on the locals.
(c) Have no patience for the elderly.
(d) Rudeness toward strangers.
15. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her maturity.
(b) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Writing to her brother regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
2. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
4. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
5. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)