|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The moon.
(b) The reflections on the water fountain.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The light on his glass.
2. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) A dance.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A chocolate.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) The joyous people dancing.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) A pair of fine eyes.
(d) A fine female figure.
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(b) His dog.
(c) His scowl.
(d) His dislike for hunting.
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
6. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(a) A piece of toast.
(b) To go riding with him.
(c) A newspaper.
7. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
(a) Miss Bennet.
8. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(c) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(d) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
9. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By starting a sing-along.
(b) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
(c) By proposing a toast.
(d) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
10. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
(b) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(c) Confront Wickham.
(d) Speak to Elizabeth.
11. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is not his idea of perfection.
(b) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is worthy of his attention.
12. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Fetching expensive medicines.
(b) Taking her to a hospital.
(c) Calling for her mother.
(d) Bringing a doctor from London.
13. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(b) Work offers.
(c) Well wishes.
(d) Baked goods and jelly.
14. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Spy on Jane.
(b) Have coffee.
(c) Take a turn around the room.
(d) Walk in the garden.
15. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Citrus fruits.
(c) Rainy weather.
(d) Women her own age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
2. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
3. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
4. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
5. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)