|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The time he is wasting at the party.
(b) Taking a horse ride.
(c) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(d) The insipidity of the people there.
2. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(c) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
(d) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
3. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) The Bennets'.
(b) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(c) Captain Carter's.
(d) Colonel Forster's.
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her dining manners.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her lack of taste.
(d) Her country accent.
5. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she has great sense.
(b) That she is very witty.
(c) That she is lively and innocent.
(d) That she is very affectionate.
6. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Squire Justin's home.
(b) Colonel Forster's home.
(c) The Bennets' home.
(d) Sir William Lucas' home.
7. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) His tardiness.
(b) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(c) Planning to throw a ball.
(d) Listening to advice from his sisters.
8. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(a) Baked goods and jelly.
(b) Work offers.
(c) Well wishes.
9. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) Their piety.
(b) The presence of an influential person.
(c) The chance to see their neighbors.
(d) The promise of an afternoon out.
10. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(b) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(c) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(d) How to paint pottery.
11. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(d) Health tonics.
12. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
(a) Miss Bennet.
13. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A flower.
(b) A queen.
(c) A saint.
(d) A constellation.
14. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
(b) That she treats her mother like a child.
(c) That she continually glares at him.
(d) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
15. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her table manners.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her needlework.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
2. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
3. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
5. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)