|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(b) Health tonics.
2. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its library.
(c) Its art.
(d) Its architecture.
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
(b) As borderline criminal.
(c) As barely respectable.
(d) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
4. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't help but smile.
(b) He hides from her.
(c) He is drawn toward her.
(d) He begins to feel angry.
5. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That Darcy attended church.
(d) That the church service was so lively.
6. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His hankerchief.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His pudding.
(d) His pocketwatch.
7. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Young ladies.
(c) Elder country gentlemen.
(d) Militia men.
8. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(b) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
(c) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
(d) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
9. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Have coffee.
(c) Spy on Jane.
(d) Take a turn around the room.
10. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Citrus fruits.
(c) Rainy weather.
(d) Women her own age.
11. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(b) Well wishes.
(c) Work offers.
(d) Baked goods and jelly.
12. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(a) A piece of toast.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) To go riding with him.
13. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her country accent.
(c) Her dining manners.
(d) Her lack of taste.
14. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
(a) Kellynch Hall
(b) The Rectory.
(d) Lucas Lodge.
15. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their immodesty.
(c) Their gossiping.
(d) Their naivete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
4. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
5. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)