|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
(a) The Rectory.
(b) Lucas Lodge.
(c) Kellynch Hall
2. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother needs her.
(b) So she can greet Charlotte.
(c) To get herself a drink.
(d) To stop herself from arguing with him.
3. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(b) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(c) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(d) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
4. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her fondness for her father.
(b) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(c) Her insecurity.
(d) Her engaging manners.
5. How does Darcy think Elizabeth would be treated in London society?
(a) With disdain.
(b) With abuse.
(c) With affection.
(d) With respect.
6. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) A dance.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A chocolate.
7. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) An archery competition.
(c) A shooting expedition.
(d) A billiards tournament.
8. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
(a) The vicar.
(b) The host.
(c) The militia.
(d) The Bingley sisters.
9. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(b) The insipidity of the people there.
(c) Taking a horse ride.
(d) The time he is wasting at the party.
10. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Citrus fruits.
(b) Country company.
(c) Women her own age.
(d) Rainy weather.
11. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
(a) When he is not surrounded by strangers.
(b) When he knows his partner well.
(c) When the assembly is small.
(d) When the right music is playing.
12. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The moon.
(b) The light on his glass.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The reflections on the water fountain.
13. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its art.
(b) Its gardens.
(c) Its library.
(d) Its architecture.
14. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) George Wickham.
(c) Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) The vicar.
15. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her needlework.
(b) Her table manners.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her hairstyle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
2. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
3. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
5. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)