|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(b) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Return to London.
2. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A note.
(c) A book.
(d) A signal.
3. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) His tardiness.
(b) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(c) Planning to throw a ball.
(d) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
4. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That he would like to dance with her.
(b) That she is universally admired.
(c) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(d) That she will make a fine wife.
5. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her rudeness.
(c) Her language.
(d) Her kindness.
6. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With anger.
(c) With admiration.
(d) With affection.
7. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The library.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The study.
8. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) So she can greet Charlotte.
(b) Her mother needs her.
(c) To get herself a drink.
(d) To stop herself from arguing with him.
9. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
(a) They look engaged.
(b) They look unexcited.
(c) They look sickly.
(d) They look angry.
10. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
11. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) Taking a horse ride.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(d) The insipidity of the people there.
12. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
(a) Have no patience for the elderly.
(b) Looking down on the locals.
(c) Rudeness toward strangers.
(d) Severity on ladies.
13. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is intriguing.
(c) She is perfection.
(d) She is forgetable.
14. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(b) Work offers.
(c) Baked goods and jelly.
(d) Well wishes.
15. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) A billiards tournament.
(c) A shooting expedition.
(d) An archery competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
2. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
3. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
4. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
5. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)