|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) An archery competition.
(b) A horseback ride.
(c) A billiards tournament.
(d) A shooting expedition.
2. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A local wit.
(b) A prominent sporting man.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A philanthropist.
3. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Prefering animals over human company.
(c) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(d) Being grumpy in the morning.
4. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(b) Colonel Forster's.
(c) Captain Carter's.
(d) The Bennets'.
5. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A fine female figure.
(b) A pair of fine eyes.
(c) The joyous people dancing.
(d) The setting sun.
6. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The reflections on the water fountain.
(b) The light on his glass.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sparkle of the chandelier.
7. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her gentle demeanor.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her calming effect on her mother.
(d) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
8. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That the church service was so lively.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That Darcy attended church.
(d) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
9. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
10. Who do Bingley and Darcy joke about before dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Jane Bennet.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Miss Bingley.
11. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A carriage.
(b) A wild horse.
(c) One of the Bennet girls.
(d) A brush fire.
12. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That the event will be over quickly.
(b) That he will soon return to London.
(c) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(d) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
13. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its library.
(b) Its architecture.
(c) Its art.
(d) Its gardens.
14. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to paint pottery.
(b) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(c) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(d) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
15. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Forster's home.
(b) The Bennets' home.
(c) Squire Justin's home.
(d) Sir William Lucas' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
3. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
4. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)