|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On foot.
(c) On horseback.
(d) By rowboat.
2. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bennets' home.
(b) Squire Justin's home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) Colonel Forster's home.
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
(b) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(c) As borderline criminal.
(d) As barely respectable.
4. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her dining manners.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her lack of taste.
(d) Her country accent.
5. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
6. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother needs her.
(b) To stop herself from arguing with him.
(c) To get herself a drink.
(d) So she can greet Charlotte.
7. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(b) The Bennets'.
(c) Captain Carter's.
(d) Colonel Forster's.
8. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
(a) At the Lucas'.
(b) With Mr. Collins.
(c) At Netherfield.
(d) Squire Justin's house.
9. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
(a) It would be wise to purchase.
(b) It pleases him.
(c) It is too far from London.
(d) It is in shambles.
10. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Take a turn around the room.
(b) Spy on Jane.
(c) Have coffee.
(d) Walk in the garden.
11. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(d) Lyme Park.
12. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Prefering animals over human company.
(b) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(c) Being grumpy in the morning.
(d) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
13. What is Darcy's valet named?
14. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A fine female figure.
(b) A pair of fine eyes.
(c) The joyous people dancing.
(d) The setting sun.
15. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
(b) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
(c) By proposing a toast.
(d) By starting a sing-along.
Short Answer Questions
1. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
2. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
3. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
4. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
5. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)