|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(b) A dance.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) A chocolate.
2. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The promise of an afternoon out.
(b) Their piety.
(c) The chance to see their neighbors.
(d) The presence of an influential person.
3. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Buy new books.
(b) Post their letters.
(c) Purchase some medicine.
(d) Visit the barracks.
4. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A wild horse.
(b) One of the Bennet girls.
(c) A brush fire.
(d) A carriage.
5. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her engaging manners.
(b) Her insecurity.
(c) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(d) Her fondness for her father.
6. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(a) Baked goods and jelly.
(c) Work offers.
(d) Well wishes.
7. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Colonel Forster's home.
(b) The Bennets' home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) Squire Justin's home.
8. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
(a) They look unexcited.
(b) They look sickly.
(c) They look engaged.
(d) They look angry.
9. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Take a turn around the room.
(c) Have coffee.
(d) Spy on Jane.
10. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Jane Bennet.
(d) Kitty Bennet.
11. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her dining manners.
(b) Her lack of taste.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Her country accent.
12. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The library.
(b) The study.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The terrace.
13. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That she treats her mother like a child.
(b) That she continually glares at him.
(c) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
(d) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
14. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(b) Fix Mary's dress.
(d) Calm her mother.
15. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A signal.
(b) A note.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
2. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
3. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
5. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)