|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The reflections on the water fountain.
(b) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(c) The light on his glass.
(d) The moon.
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
(b) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
(c) By proposing a toast.
(d) By starting a sing-along.
3. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) A billiards tournament.
(c) A shooting expedition.
(d) An archery competition.
4. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A signal.
(d) A book.
5. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) A prominent place.
(b) A commanding place.
(c) An influencial place.
(d) An unwelcomed place.
6. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Writing to her brother regularly.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(d) Her maturity.
7. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to paint pottery.
(b) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(c) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(d) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
8. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) In the middle of the dance floor.
(b) At the window.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) At the refreshment table.
9. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will remain silent.
(b) That she will fall ill.
(c) That she will mind her manners.
(d) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
10. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) Their piety.
(b) The promise of an afternoon out.
(c) The presence of an influential person.
(d) The chance to see their neighbors.
11. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(c) Being grumpy in the morning.
(d) Prefering animals over human company.
12. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
(c) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(d) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
13. Who do Bingley and Darcy joke about before dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Miss Bingley.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Hurst.
(d) Jane Bennet.
14. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(c) Calm her mother.
(d) Fix Mary's dress.
15. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(c) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(d) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
2. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
3. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
4. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
5. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)