|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her table manners.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her needlework.
(d) Her dress.
2. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A fine female figure.
(b) The setting sun.
(c) The joyous people dancing.
(d) A pair of fine eyes.
3. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Darcy sang at church.
(b) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(c) That the church service was so lively.
(d) That Darcy attended church.
4. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is worthy of his attention.
(b) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is not his idea of perfection.
5. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Rainy weather.
(b) Country company.
(c) Citrus fruits.
(d) Women her own age.
6. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(b) That she will mind her manners.
(c) That she will fall ill.
(d) That she will remain silent.
7. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(c) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(d) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
8. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her rudeness.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her language.
9. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their naivete.
(c) Their immodesty.
(d) Their gossiping.
10. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The study.
(b) The library.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The drawing room.
11. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The promise of an afternoon out.
(b) Their piety.
(c) The presence of an influential person.
(d) The chance to see their neighbors.
12. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has spent time in London.
(b) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(c) That she has a lot of pride.
(d) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
13. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
(a) It pleases him.
(b) It is too far from London.
(c) It is in shambles.
(d) It would be wise to purchase.
14. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
(a) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Miss Lucas.
15. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
(a) When the assembly is small.
(b) When he knows his partner well.
(c) When he is not surrounded by strangers.
(d) When the right music is playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
2. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
3. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)