|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The chance to see their neighbors.
(b) The presence of an influential person.
(c) Their piety.
(d) The promise of an afternoon out.
2. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Jane Austen.
3. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Lydia Bennet.
(b) Charlotte Lucas.
(c) Kitty Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
4. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Miss Lucas.
5. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(c) Prefering animals over human company.
(d) Being grumpy in the morning.
6. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) A commanding place.
(b) A prominent place.
(c) An influencial place.
(d) An unwelcomed place.
7. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A queen.
(b) A flower.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A saint.
8. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) Taking a horse ride.
(b) The insipidity of the people there.
(c) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(d) The time he is wasting at the party.
9. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
(a) The Rectory.
(b) Lucas Lodge.
(d) Kellynch Hall
10. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
(a) They look sickly.
(b) They look engaged.
(c) They look unexcited.
(d) They look angry.
11. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has spent time in London.
(b) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(c) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(d) That she has a lot of pride.
12. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
(a) With Mr. Collins.
(b) At Netherfield.
(c) Squire Justin's house.
(d) At the Lucas'.
13. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(b) Lyme Park.
14. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(c) Health tonics.
15. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
2. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
3. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
4. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
5. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)