|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(c) Health tonics.
2. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
(c) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
(d) To be married to Miss Bingley.
3. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
(a) In front of a window.
(b) By the buffet.
(c) Behind a group of gentlemen.
(d) Against a wall.
4. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A French song.
(b) An Italian song.
(c) A Spanish song.
(d) A German song.
5. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(b) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(c) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(d) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
6. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
(a) It pleases him.
(b) It is too far from London.
(c) It is in shambles.
(d) It would be wise to purchase.
7. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His pocketwatch.
(b) His hankerchief.
(c) His pudding.
(d) His prayer book.
8. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The girl's mother.
(b) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(c) The gossip which immediately follows.
(d) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
9. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The study.
(b) The terrace.
(c) The library.
(d) The drawing room.
10. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The insipidity of the people there.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) Taking a horse ride.
(d) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
11. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
(a) Mrs. Thistle.
(b) Mrs. Dashwood.
(c) Mrs. Proust.
(d) Mrs. Annesley.
12. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
(a) She is rude.
(b) She is forgetable.
(c) She is perfection.
(d) She is intriguing.
13. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Darcy sang at church.
(b) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(c) That the church service was so lively.
(d) That Darcy attended church.
14. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Kitty Bennet.
(b) Lydia Bennet.
(c) Jane Bennet.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
15. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
2. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
3. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
4. What is Darcy's first name?
5. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)