|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Visit the barracks.
(b) Buy new books.
(c) Purchase some medicine.
(d) Post their letters.
2. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Captain Carter's.
(b) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(c) The Bennets'.
(d) Colonel Forster's.
3. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That the event will be over quickly.
(b) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(c) That he will soon return to London.
(d) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
4. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) By rowboat.
(d) In a carriage.
5. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Calling for her mother.
(b) Taking her to a hospital.
(c) Bringing a doctor from London.
(d) Fetching expensive medicines.
6. What is Darcy's valet named?
7. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A French song.
(b) An Italian song.
(c) A Spanish song.
(d) A German song.
8. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) A dance.
(b) An apology.
(c) An explanation.
(d) A lecture.
9. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(b) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
(c) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
(d) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
10. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Keep a journal.
(b) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(c) Adopt a new horse.
(d) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
11. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
12. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) An influencial place.
(b) A commanding place.
(c) An unwelcomed place.
(d) A prominent place.
13. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Room with a View.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) David Copperfied.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
14. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her poverty.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her personality.
15. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(b) Confront Wickham.
(c) Speak to Elizabeth.
(d) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
2. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
4. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
5. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)