|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His hankerchief.
(b) His pudding.
(c) His prayer book.
(d) His pocketwatch.
2. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its architecture.
(c) Its library.
(d) Its art.
3. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) The Bennets'.
(b) Captain Carter's.
(c) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(d) Colonel Forster's.
4. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
(b) Confront Wickham.
(c) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(d) Speak to Elizabeth.
5. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By rowboat.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
6. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bennets' home.
(b) Squire Justin's home.
(c) Colonel Forster's home.
(d) Sir William Lucas' home.
7. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(b) His scowl.
(c) His dog.
(d) His dislike for hunting.
8. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(b) Her maturity.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Writing to her brother regularly.
9. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(b) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
10. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
(a) Wrote a song for her.
(b) Sent her books.
(c) Brought her flowers.
(d) Wrote her poetry.
11. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
12. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(a) To go riding with him.
(b) A piece of toast.
(d) A newspaper.
13. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The light on his glass.
(b) The reflections on the water fountain.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sparkle of the chandelier.
14. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is worthy of his attention.
(b) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is not his idea of perfection.
15. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(b) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(c) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(d) How to paint pottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What expression does Darcy notice on Elizabeth's face when she arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
2. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
3. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
4. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)