|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His hankerchief.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His pocketwatch.
(d) His pudding.
2. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Room with a View.
(d) David Copperfied.
3. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Squire Justin's home.
(b) Colonel Forster's home.
(c) Sir William Lucas' home.
(d) The Bennets' home.
4. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her kindness.
(b) Her rudeness.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her language.
5. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Captain Carter's.
(b) Colonel Forster's.
(c) The Bennets'.
(d) Old Mr. Wickham's.
6. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(b) Her calming effect on her mother.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
7. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) On foot.
(c) By rowboat.
(d) On horseback.
8. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
(a) The Bingley sisters.
(b) The host.
(c) The militia.
(d) The vicar.
9. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother needs her.
(b) To get herself a drink.
(c) So she can greet Charlotte.
(d) To stop herself from arguing with him.
10. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(c) Health tonics.
11. What is Darcy's first name?
12. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(b) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(c) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
(d) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
13. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Looking at the garden.
(b) Keeping an eye on the children.
(c) Speaking to the vicar.
(d) Tidying up the church.
14. How does Darcy think Elizabeth would be treated in London society?
(a) With abuse.
(b) With affection.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disdain.
15. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
(a) His arrogance.
(b) His quick temper.
(c) His innocence.
(d) His stupidity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
2. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
3. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
4. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
5. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)