|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
(a) The vicar.
(b) The Bingley sisters.
(c) The militia.
(d) The host.
2. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Fix Mary's dress.
(b) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(d) Calm her mother.
3. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(b) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
4. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her personality.
(d) Her poverty.
5. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(b) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(c) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
(d) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
6. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The insipidity of the people there.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Taking a horse ride.
7. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their gossiping.
(c) Their naivete.
(d) Their immodesty.
8. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As borderline criminal.
(b) As barely respectable.
(c) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(d) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
9. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is not his idea of perfection.
(b) That she is the worst of her family.
(c) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(d) That she is worthy of his attention.
10. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her dress.
(b) Her table manners.
(c) Her needlework.
(d) Her hairstyle.
11. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Writing to her brother regularly.
(c) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(d) Her maturity.
12. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Citrus fruits.
(c) Rainy weather.
(d) Women her own age.
13. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He is drawn toward her.
(b) He can't help but smile.
(c) He hides from her.
(d) He begins to feel angry.
14. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
(a) They look angry.
(b) They look engaged.
(c) They look sickly.
(d) They look unexcited.
15. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her anger.
(b) Her language.
(c) Her rudeness.
(d) Her kindness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
2. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
3. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
4. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)