|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(b) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(c) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(d) The bad weather.
2. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That the church service was so lively.
(d) That Darcy attended church.
3. Who do Bingley and Darcy joke about before dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) Mrs. Hurst.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
4. What is Darcy's first name?
5. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is worthy of his attention.
(b) That she is not his idea of perfection.
(c) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(d) That she is the worst of her family.
6. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A saint.
(c) A queen.
(d) A flower.
7. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(b) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(c) That she has a lot of pride.
(d) That she has spent time in London.
8. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A note.
(b) A signal.
(d) A book.
9. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His dislike for hunting.
(b) His scowl.
(c) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
(d) His dog.
10. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Keep a journal.
(b) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
(c) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(d) Adopt a new horse.
11. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) To stop herself from arguing with him.
(b) Her mother needs her.
(c) So she can greet Charlotte.
(d) To get herself a drink.
12. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(b) Planning to throw a ball.
(c) His tardiness.
(d) Listening to advice from his sisters.
13. What is Darcy's valet named?
14. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her lack of taste.
(b) Her country accent.
(c) Her pride.
(d) Her dining manners.
15. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her singing voice.
(b) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(c) Her calming effect on her mother.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
2. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
3. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
4. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
5. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)