|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Militia men.
(b) Elder country gentlemen.
(c) The vicar.
(d) Young ladies.
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Taking a horse ride.
(c) The time he is wasting at the party.
(d) The insipidity of the people there.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Spy on Jane.
(b) Take a turn around the room.
(c) Walk in the garden.
(d) Have coffee.
4. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
(c) Miss Bennet.
5. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) At the window.
(b) In the middle of the dance floor.
(c) At the refreshment table.
(d) In the smoking room.
6. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her language.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her rudeness.
(d) Her anger.
7. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(b) Keep a journal.
(c) Adopt a new horse.
(d) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
8. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He begins to feel angry.
(b) He hides from her.
(c) He is drawn toward her.
(d) He can't help but smile.
9. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(b) How to paint pottery.
(c) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(d) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
10. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The joyous people dancing.
(c) A fine female figure.
(d) A pair of fine eyes.
11. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His hankerchief.
(b) His pudding.
(c) His pocketwatch.
(d) His prayer book.
12. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
(a) His taste in literature.
(b) Dancing at the assembly.
(c) Rising early.
(d) His appearance.
13. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The gossip which immediately follows.
(b) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
14. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That she continually glares at him.
(b) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
(c) That she treats her mother like a child.
(d) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
15. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Confront Wickham.
(b) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
(c) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(d) Speak to Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
2. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
3. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
4. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
5. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)