|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) The chance to see their neighbors.
(b) The presence of an influential person.
(c) Their piety.
(d) The promise of an afternoon out.
2. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He begins to feel angry.
(b) He hides from her.
(c) He is drawn toward her.
(d) He can't help but smile.
3. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(b) Return to London.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
4. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(b) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(c) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(d) The bad weather.
5. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her looks.
6. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(b) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(c) Planning to throw a ball.
(d) His tardiness.
7. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) Kitty Bennet.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Lydia Bennet.
(d) Charlotte Lucas.
8. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A German song.
(b) An Italian song.
(c) A French song.
(d) A Spanish song.
9. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
10. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With admiration.
(b) With anger.
(c) With annoyance.
(d) With affection.
11. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) David Copperfied.
(c) Room with a View.
(d) Jane Eyre.
12. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(b) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(c) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(d) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
13. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The terrace.
(b) The library.
(c) The study.
(d) The drawing room.
14. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
15. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its architecture.
(c) Its art.
(d) Its library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
3. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
4. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
5. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)