|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) In a carriage.
(b) By rowboat.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
2. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His pocketwatch.
(c) His pudding.
(d) His hankerchief.
3. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
4. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Being grumpy in the morning.
(b) Prefering animals over human company.
(c) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(d) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
5. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) George Wickham.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Jane Bennet.
(d) The vicar.
6. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A prominent sporting man.
(b) A member of the local council.
(c) A philanthropist.
(d) A local wit.
7. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
(a) The Rectory.
(c) Kellynch Hall
(d) Lucas Lodge.
8. What is Darcy's first name?
9. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
(a) Old Mr. Wickham's.
(b) Colonel Forster's.
(c) Captain Carter's.
(d) The Bennets'.
10. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
11. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(b) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
(c) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(d) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
12. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(b) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
(c) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(d) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
13. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That the church service was so lively.
(b) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(c) That Darcy attended church.
(d) That Darcy sang at church.
14. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley is indecisive.
(b) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(c) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
(d) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
15. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A pair of fine eyes.
(b) A fine female figure.
(c) The joyous people dancing.
(d) The setting sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
4. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
5. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)