|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(b) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(c) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
(d) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The insipidity of the people there.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Taking a horse ride.
3. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The study.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The library.
(d) The terrace.
4. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her poverty.
5. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
(a) His stupidity.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His arrogance.
(d) His quick temper.
6. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Prefering animals over human company.
(c) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(d) Being grumpy in the morning.
7. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A flower.
(b) A queen.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A saint.
8. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Return to London.
(b) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(c) Never see Jane again.
(d) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
9. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) David Copperfied.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Room with a View.
(d) Jane Eyre.
10. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) An explanation.
(b) A lecture.
(c) An apology.
(d) A dance.
11. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) Charles Dickens.
12. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
13. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(b) A book.
(c) A signal.
(d) A note.
14. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its art.
(c) Its architecture.
(d) Its library.
15. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Visit the barracks.
(b) Post their letters.
(c) Buy new books.
(d) Purchase some medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
4. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
5. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)