|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will fall ill.
(b) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(c) That she will mind her manners.
(d) That she will remain silent.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
(b) To go riding with him.
(c) A piece of toast.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
(a) Walk in the garden.
(b) Have coffee.
(c) Spy on Jane.
(d) Take a turn around the room.
4. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Squire Justin's home.
(b) Colonel Forster's home.
(c) The Bennets' home.
(d) Sir William Lucas' home.
5. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His hankerchief.
(b) His prayer book.
(c) His pocketwatch.
(d) His pudding.
6. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
(a) The militia.
(b) The Bingley sisters.
(c) The host.
(d) The vicar.
7. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
(a) Elizabeth Bennet.
(b) The vicar.
(c) George Wickham.
(d) Jane Bennet.
8. What is Darcy's first name?
9. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With anger.
(c) With affection.
(d) With admiration.
10. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
11. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(b) Her calming effect on her mother.
(c) Her gentle demeanor.
(d) Her singing voice.
12. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her maturity.
(b) Writing to her brother regularly.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Never giving Bingley trouble.
13. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(b) That Bingley is indecisive.
(c) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(d) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
14. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Speaking to the vicar.
(b) Keeping an eye on the children.
(c) Tidying up the church.
(d) Looking at the garden.
15. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That he will soon return to London.
(b) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(c) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
(d) That the event will be over quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
2. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
4. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
5. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)