|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
(a) Rising early.
(b) Dancing at the assembly.
(c) His appearance.
(d) His taste in literature.
2. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(b) Calm her mother.
(d) Fix Mary's dress.
3. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her looks.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her personality.
4. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
(a) His prayer book.
(b) His pudding.
(c) His pocketwatch.
(d) His hankerchief.
5. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its art.
(b) Its library.
(c) Its architecture.
(d) Its gardens.
6. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(b) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(c) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
(d) That Bingley is indecisive.
7. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A German song.
(b) A Spanish song.
(c) A French song.
(d) An Italian song.
8. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(b) Adopt a new horse.
(c) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
(d) Keep a journal.
9. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
(a) His dog.
(b) His dislike for hunting.
(c) His scowl.
(d) His avoidance of Miss Bingley.
10. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On horseback.
(b) On foot.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) By rowboat.
11. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That she continually glares at him.
(b) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
(c) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
(d) That she treats her mother like a child.
12. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her country accent.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her lack of taste.
(d) Her dining manners.
13. What is Darcy's first name?
14. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The reflections on the water fountain.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The light on his glass.
15. At the party in Chapter 3, what do the gentlemen plan for the next day?
(a) A horseback ride.
(b) A billiards tournament.
(c) An archery competition.
(d) A shooting expedition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
2. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
3. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
5. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)