|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
(a) Wrote a song for her.
(b) Wrote her poetry.
(c) Sent her books.
(d) Brought her flowers.
2. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
3. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) An Italian song.
(b) A German song.
(c) A Spanish song.
(d) A French song.
4. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
5. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to paint pottery.
(b) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(c) How to do their hair in the latest style.
(d) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
6. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(a) A signal.
(b) A note.
(c) A book.
7. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As borderline criminal.
(b) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(c) As barely respectable.
(d) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
8. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) David Copperfied.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Room with a View.
9. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A constellation.
(b) A queen.
(c) A flower.
(d) A saint.
10. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Citrus fruits.
(b) Women her own age.
(c) Rainy weather.
(d) Country company.
11. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Planning to throw a ball.
(b) His tardiness.
(c) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(d) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
12. How does Darcy think Elizabeth would be treated in London society?
(a) With affection.
(b) With abuse.
(c) With respect.
(d) With disdain.
13. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
(b) Well wishes.
(c) Baked goods and jelly.
(d) Work offers.
14. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Post their letters.
(b) Visit the barracks.
(c) Buy new books.
(d) Purchase some medicine.
15. What does Miss Bingley praise Darcy for in the morning, in Chapter 1?
(a) His taste in literature.
(b) Rising early.
(c) His appearance.
(d) Dancing at the assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
2. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
3. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
4. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
5. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)