|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On foot.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) By rowboat.
(d) On horseback.
2. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
3. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
(b) Never see Jane again.
(c) Return to London.
(d) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
4. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(b) That she is worthy of his attention.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is not his idea of perfection.
5. What is Darcy's valet named?
6. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their immodesty.
(b) Their fashion sense.
(c) Their naivete.
(d) Their gossiping.
7. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
(b) Health tonics.
8. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(b) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
9. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
(b) Being grumpy in the morning.
(c) Prefering animals over human company.
(d) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
10. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(b) That she will make a fine wife.
(c) That she is universally admired.
(d) That he would like to dance with her.
11. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
(a) Looking down on the locals.
(b) Have no patience for the elderly.
(c) Rudeness toward strangers.
(d) Severity on ladies.
12. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
(a) The study.
(b) The library.
(c) The terrace.
(d) The drawing room.
13. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(b) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(c) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(d) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
14. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley is indecisive.
(b) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
(c) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(d) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
15. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) The bad weather.
(b) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(c) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(d) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
2. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
3. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
4. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
5. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)