|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Wounds of a Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
(a) A famous singer is supposed to attend.
(b) Elizabeth might be in attendance.
(c) Darcy wishes to forget Elizabeth as soon as possible.
(d) His childhood friend is hosting the party.
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's brooch.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(d) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
3. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(b) To run a quick errand.
(c) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(d) To avoid Darcy.
4. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Calling for her mother.
(b) Fetching expensive medicines.
(c) Bringing a doctor from London.
(d) Taking her to a hospital.
5. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(b) She is attracted to Bingley.
(c) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
2. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
3. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
4. Which of the following does Darcy NOT buy while shopping in Chapter 13?
5. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)