|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Wounds of a Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
(b) By proposing a toast.
(c) By starting a sing-along.
(d) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
2. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(c) Colonel Forster.
(d) Mrs. Bennet.
3. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(b) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(c) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(d) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
5. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
2. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
3. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
5. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)