|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will remain silent.
(b) That she will mind her manners.
(c) That she will fall ill.
(d) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
2. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
(a) So she can greet Charlotte.
(b) To get herself a drink.
(c) Her mother needs her.
(d) To stop herself from arguing with him.
3. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(c) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(d) The difference between country life and city life.
4. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
(b) A note.
(c) A signal.
(d) A book.
5. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she is lively and innocent.
(b) That she has great sense.
(c) That she is very affectionate.
(d) That she is very witty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
2. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
3. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
4. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
5. What is the name of Darcy's London home?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)