|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Room with a View.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) David Copperfied.
2. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Rainy weather.
(c) Women her own age.
(d) Citrus fruits.
3. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
(b) Captain Luther's soiree.
(c) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(d) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
4. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Distrusting Darcy.
(b) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
(c) Making a single mistake.
(d) Losing Darcy's friendship.
5. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(b) That she is universally admired.
(c) That she will make a fine wife.
(d) That he would like to dance with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
5. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)