|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
(b) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(c) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(d) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
2. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
(b) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(c) A satin cream coloured coat.
(d) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
3. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is serious in nature.
(b) It is out of fashion.
(c) It is unpopular with women.
(d) It is for children.
4. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(b) Planning to throw a ball.
(c) Listening to advice from his sisters.
(d) His tardiness.
5. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(b) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(c) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(d) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy's secretary discuss with Darcy on the morning following Darcy's return to London?
2. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
3. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
4. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
5. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)