|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Elizabeth sit beside in the church in Chapter 8?
(d) Miss. Bingley.
2. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is unpopular with women.
(b) It is out of fashion.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is serious in nature.
3. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(b) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
(c) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(d) That Elizabeth should return home.
4. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That the event will be over quickly.
(b) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(c) That he will soon return to London.
(d) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
5. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) The insipidity of the people there.
(d) Taking a horse ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
2. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
3. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
5. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)