|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(b) To run a quick errand.
(c) To avoid Darcy.
(d) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
2. How does Elizabeth react when Darcy asks her to dance in Chapter 9?
3. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A local wit.
(b) A member of the local council.
(c) A prominent sporting man.
(d) A philanthropist.
4. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its architecture.
(c) Its library.
(d) Its art.
5. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She tells him that she never reads.
(b) She claims they never read the same books.
(c) She ignores him completely.
(d) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy express interest in attending a particular soiree in Chapter 11?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
4. What does Darcy consider Elizabeth's strange behavior in Chapter 9 payback for?
5. What is the name of Sir Lucas' home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)