|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) A pair of fine eyes.
(b) The joyous people dancing.
(c) A fine female figure.
(d) The setting sun.
2. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The insipidity of the people there.
(b) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Taking a horse ride.
(d) The time he is wasting at the party.
3. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Mrs. Bennet.
(b) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(c) Charlotte Lucas.
(d) Colonel Forster.
4. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Fix Mary's dress.
(c) Calm her mother.
(d) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
5. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(b) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(c) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
(d) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
2. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
3. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
4. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
5. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)