|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) A dance.
(b) An explanation.
(c) An apology.
(d) A lecture.
2. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
3. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A brush fire.
(b) A carriage.
(c) One of the Bennet girls.
(d) A wild horse.
4. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She ignores him completely.
(b) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(c) She claims they never read the same books.
(d) She tells him that she never reads.
5. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(c) A of literature.
(d) Some flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
3. What is Darcy's horse named?
4. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
5. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)