|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has spent time in London.
(b) That she has a lot of pride.
(c) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(d) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
2. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
(a) With Mr. Collins.
(b) At Netherfield.
(c) Squire Justin's house.
(d) At the Lucas'.
3. What shocks Darcy while speaking to Elizabeth ?
(a) Her rudeness.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her language.
4. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
(b) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(c) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(d) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
5. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A young woman.
(b) A of literature.
(d) Some flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
4. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
5. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)