|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To avoid Darcy.
(b) To run a quick errand.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
2. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Sending a gift to Miss Bennet.
(b) His tardiness.
(c) Planning to throw a ball.
(d) Listening to advice from his sisters.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(b) That she is universally admired.
(c) That he would like to dance with her.
(d) That she will make a fine wife.
4. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to avoid the locals.
(b) How to hunt the local game.
(c) How to be a man of property.
(d) How to dress like a gentleman.
5. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(b) She claims they never read the same books.
(c) She tells him that she never reads.
(d) She ignores him completely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
2. What does Miss Bingley insist Darcy do with her at the Lucas' home?
3. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
4. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)