|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
(a) Have no patience for the elderly.
(b) Severity on ladies.
(c) Looking down on the locals.
(d) Rudeness toward strangers.
2. What amuses Darcy about Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) That her face betrayed her feelings for Miss Bingley.
(b) That appears to feel burdened by her family.
(c) That she continually glares at him.
(d) That she treats her mother like a child.
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
(a) An influencial place.
(b) A commanding place.
(c) A prominent place.
(d) An unwelcomed place.
4. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(b) That she will remain silent.
(c) That she will fall ill.
(d) That she will mind her manners.
5. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
Short Answer Questions
1. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
2. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
3. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
4. Where do Bingley and Darcy encounter the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
5. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)