|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Calling for her mother.
(b) Fetching expensive medicines.
(c) Bringing a doctor from London.
(d) Taking her to a hospital.
2. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(b) The gossip which immediately follows.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
3. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her poverty.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her personality.
4. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The light on his glass.
(b) The reflections on the water fountain.
(c) The moon.
(d) The sparkle of the chandelier.
5. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) The weather.
(c) The music and the dancing.
(d) The size of the room or the number of couples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
2. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
3. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
4. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
5. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)