|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(b) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(c) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
(d) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
2. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
(b) Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Charlotte Lucas.
(d) Colonel Forster.
3. What does Fletcher convince Darcy to change into in Chapter 9?
(a) An emerald green and gold silk coat.
(b) A jet black coat with a cashmere ivory scarf.
(c) A satin cream coloured coat.
(d) A velvet and finely beaded light blue coat.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A shortness of breath.
(b) A tightness in his chest.
(c) An ache in his legs.
(d) A pounding in his head.
5. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she has spent time in London.
(b) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(c) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(d) That she has a lot of pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
2. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
3. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
4. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
5. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)