|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elizabeth, what must Wickham suffer his whole life for?
(a) Making a single mistake.
(b) Losing Darcy's friendship.
(c) Distrusting Darcy.
(d) Falling in love with the wrong girl.
2. How does Miss Lucas attempt to dispel the animosity between Darcy and Elizabeth in Chapter 5?
(a) By proposing a toast.
(b) By asking Darcy to dance with Miss Bingley.
(c) By starting a sing-along.
(d) By asking Elizabeth to play the piano.
3. What does Darcy think of the estate Bingley is letting?
(a) It pleases him.
(b) It would be wise to purchase.
(c) It is in shambles.
(d) It is too far from London.
4. When Darcy asks Miss Bingley and Elizabeth to sing in Chapter 6, what does Miss Bingley eagerly sing?
(a) A German song.
(b) A Spanish song.
(c) A French song.
(d) An Italian song.
5. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(b) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(c) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(d) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Darcy's horse named?
2. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
4. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
5. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)