|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Women her own age.
(c) Rainy weather.
(d) Citrus fruits.
2. How did Miss Bennet travel to Netherfield?
(a) On horseback.
(b) By rowboat.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
3. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
(a) Go to dinner at the Bennets'.
(b) Never see Jane again.
(c) Hold a ball at Netherfield.
(d) Return to London.
4. What is Darcy annoyed and surprised by in Chapter 9?
(a) The large turn-out at Netherfield ball.
(b) Elizabeth's rudeness.
(c) Mr. Bingley's open affection for Jane.
(d) The Bennets' tardiness.
5. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(b) That she has a lot of pride.
(c) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(d) That she has spent time in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Elizabeth excuse herself from her conversation with Darcy in Chapter 3?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Who does Darcy share his prayer book with in Chapter 8?
4. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
5. Who does the obligatory guest that Miss Bingley arranges for Bingley to avoid turn out to be?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)