|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(c) Writing to her brother regularly.
(d) Her maturity.
2. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(b) They are both proud to a fault.
(c) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
(d) They are both deeply religious.
3. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
(a) That she will not bring all of her daughters.
(b) That she will remain silent.
(c) That she will mind her manners.
(d) That she will fall ill.
4. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The girl's mother.
(b) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
(c) The gossip which immediately follows.
(d) The girl's imperfect dancing.
5. On the ride to the church in Chapter 8, what is Darcy distracted with?
(a) Bingley's growing attachment to Jane.
(b) Thoughts of Elizabeth.
(c) Money matters.
(d) His appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
2. According to Bingley, why will Wickham not attend the ball in Chapter 9?
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
4. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
5. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)