|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Illustration of His Character.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(b) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(c) That she has a lot of pride.
(d) That she has spent time in London.
2. What does Miss Lucas teach the ladies at her home?
(a) How to add embellishments to an old dress.
(b) How to fold paper into bird shapes.
(c) How to paint pottery.
(d) How to do their hair in the latest style.
3. How does Elizabeth reply when Darcy asks her about the books she reads?
(a) She claims they never read the same books.
(b) She ignores him completely.
(c) She discusses the topic enthusiastically.
(d) She tells him that she never reads.
4. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
5. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
(a) A dance.
(b) An explanation.
(c) An apology.
(d) A lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
2. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
3. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
4. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
5. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)