|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Feint and Parry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Room with a View.
(c) David Copperfied.
(d) Jane Eyre.
2. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her lack of taste.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her country accent.
(d) Her dining manners.
3. What does Darcy know about Bingley's personality, which is shared in Chapter 3?
(a) That Bingley lies when he is nervous.
(b) That Bingley is indecisive.
(c) That Bingley trusts people too easily.
(d) That Bingley quickly falls in and out of love.
4. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her engaging manners.
(b) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(c) Her fondness for her father.
(d) Her insecurity.
5. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
(a) By the buffet.
(b) Behind a group of gentlemen.
(c) In front of a window.
(d) Against a wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
2. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
3. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
4. What does Bingley agree to do after Jane has recovered?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)