|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, En Garde!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) Their piety.
(b) The presence of an influential person.
(c) The chance to see their neighbors.
(d) The promise of an afternoon out.
2. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) At the window.
(b) At the refreshment table.
(c) In the smoking room.
(d) In the middle of the dance floor.
3. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The girl's mother.
(b) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(c) The gossip which immediately follows.
(d) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
4. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(b) That she is not his idea of perfection.
(c) That she is worthy of his attention.
(d) That she is the worst of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Georgiana have an 'incident' with the previous summer?
2. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
3. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
4. What is the name of Georgiana's new companion?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)