|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, En Garde!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) David Copperfied.
(c) Room with a View.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
2. When Bingley dances with the most handsome girl in the room, what disgusts Darcy?
(a) The gossip which immediately follows.
(b) The girl's mother.
(c) The girl's imperfect dancing.
(d) Miss Bingley's mocking of the girl.
3. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
(a) At the window.
(b) In the smoking room.
(c) In the middle of the dance floor.
(d) At the refreshment table.
4. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With affection.
(b) With admiration.
(c) With anger.
(d) With annoyance.
5. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Bingley recall being inundated with when he went to church?
3. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
4. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
5. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)