|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Man of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
(a) When the assembly is small.
(b) When he knows his partner well.
(c) When he is not surrounded by strangers.
(d) When the right music is playing.
2. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
(a) Against a wall.
(b) In front of a window.
(c) By the buffet.
(d) Behind a group of gentlemen.
3. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
(a) Visit tenants around Darcy's estate.
(b) Spend a fortnight in Bath.
(c) Keep a journal.
(d) Adopt a new horse.
4. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to hunt the local game.
(b) How to avoid the locals.
(c) How to be a man of property.
(d) How to dress like a gentleman.
5. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
(a) Country company.
(b) Women her own age.
(c) Citrus fruits.
(d) Rainy weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's estate?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in the morning?
3. What does Darcy think of the sister of the handsome girl Bingley danced with?
4. What does Darcy notice about Bingley's sisters at the assembly hall?
5. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)