|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Man of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her gentle demeanor.
(b) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(c) Her calming effect on her mother.
(d) Her singing voice.
2. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A queen.
(b) A saint.
(c) A flower.
(d) A constellation.
3. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Charlotte Bronte.
4. While Bingley dances, where does Darcy position himself in the assembly hall?
(a) Behind a group of gentlemen.
(b) Against a wall.
(c) In front of a window.
(d) By the buffet.
5. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Darcy attended church.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(d) That the church service was so lively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Georgiana's companion suggest Georgiana do to alleviate her sadness?
4. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
5. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)