|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Man of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With annoyance.
(b) With anger.
(c) With affection.
(d) With admiration.
2. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her calming effect on her mother.
(b) Her gentle demeanor.
(c) Her singing voice.
(d) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
3. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
(a) His quick temper.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His arrogance.
(d) His stupidity.
4. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Darcy attended church.
(b) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(c) That Darcy sang at church.
(d) That the church service was so lively.
5. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A wild horse.
(b) One of the Bennet girls.
(c) A brush fire.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Darcy not hate dancing?
2. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
3. What does Darcy hope of Mrs. Bennet in Chapter 2?
4. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
5. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)