|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, A Man of Property.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(b) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
(c) That the event will be over quickly.
(d) That he will soon return to London.
2. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
(a) Standing in a corner at the assembly.
(b) Being grumpy in the morning.
(c) Prefering animals over human company.
(d) Taking a ride to avoid Miss Bingley.
3. How does Darcy react to Mr. Lucas when they are introduced?
(a) With admiration.
(b) With affection.
(c) With annoyance.
(d) With anger.
4. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
(c) Lyme Park.
5. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their naivete.
(c) Their immodesty.
(d) Their gossiping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
2. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
3. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
4. What does Miss Bingley express a disdain for in Chapter 1?
5. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)