|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To run a quick errand.
(b) To avoid Darcy.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
2. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between men and women.
(b) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
3. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
(a) A brush fire.
(b) A wild horse.
(c) A carriage.
(d) One of the Bennet girls.
4. Whose soiree does Darcy express interest in attending in Chapter 11?
(a) Lord Templeton's soiree.
(b) Mr. Arbuthnot's soiree.
(c) Captain Luther's soiree.
(d) Lady Melbourne's soiree.
5. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
(a) A flower.
(b) A queen.
(c) A constellation.
(d) A saint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
2. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
3. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
5. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)