|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which classic novel is "An Assembly Such as This" a retelling of?
(a) David Copperfied.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Room with a View.
2. What does Bingley praise Georgiana for in Chapter 3?
(a) Her maturity.
(b) Writing to her brother regularly.
(c) Never giving Bingley trouble.
(d) Her intelligence.
3. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) The time he is wasting at the party.
(b) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(c) Taking a horse ride.
(d) The insipidity of the people there.
4. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) The weather.
(b) The size of the room or the number of couples.
(c) Her outfit.
(d) The music and the dancing.
5. What do Bingley and Darcy discuss while stopping at an inn in Chapter 11?
(a) The difference between what one desires and what one needs.
(b) The difference between exaggerating and letting one's imagination run away.
(c) The difference between country life and city life.
(d) The difference between men and women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy do in the coach instead of continuing the conversation with Bingley from the inn?
2. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
3. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
4. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
5. While Darcy prepares for church in Chapter 8, what does Fletcher seem overly concerned about?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)