|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Elizabeth in Chapter 9, in what way are she and Darcy alike?
(a) They are both deeply religious.
(b) They are both taciturn and unsocial.
(c) They are both fond of reading and writing.
(d) They are both proud to a fault.
2. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to hunt the local game.
(b) How to dress like a gentleman.
(c) How to avoid the locals.
(d) How to be a man of property.
3. Where does Bingley learn he will be spending Saturday evening in Chapter 3?
(a) Sir William Lucas' home.
(b) The Bennets' home.
(c) Squire Justin's home.
(d) Colonel Forster's home.
4. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their gossiping.
(b) Their naivete.
(c) Their immodesty.
(d) Their fashion sense.
5. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(b) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(c) To make sure he does not drink too much.
(d) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is caught in the middle of a disturbance following the sermon in Chapter 8?
2. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
3. Why does Darcy practice his sword in Chapter 11?
4. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
5. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)