|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Certain Evils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth suggest Darcy comment on during their dance in Chapter 9?
(a) Her outfit.
(b) The music and the dancing.
(c) The weather.
(d) The size of the room or the number of couples.
2. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To run a quick errand.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
(d) To avoid Darcy.
3. What does Miss Bingley praise about Pemberley in Chapter 6?
(a) Its gardens.
(b) Its library.
(c) Its architecture.
(d) Its art.
4. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
(a) That Mr. Darcy is not to be laughed at.
(b) That Elizabeth should return home.
(c) That Mr. Darcy is fond of Elizabeth.
(d) That Miss Bingley will be married to Darcy within a year.
5. What do Miss Bingley and the Hursts NOT mock Elizabeth for after dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) Her lack of taste.
(b) Her pride.
(c) Her country accent.
(d) Her dining manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
2. What caused Bingley to be the subject of jokes in town?
3. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
4. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
5. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)