|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Intermezzo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Charles Dickens.
(d) Jane Austen.
2. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
3. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He hides from her.
(b) He is drawn toward her.
(c) He can't help but smile.
(d) He begins to feel angry.
4. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(b) The bad weather.
(c) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(d) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
5. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her calming effect on her mother.
(d) Her gentle demeanor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bingley feel about his Saturday engagement?
2. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
3. Darcy thinks it is appropriate that the intriguing girl from the party is named after what?
4. What is Darcy's first name?
5. What does Bingley tease Darcy about in Chapter 2?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)