|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Intermezzo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) That Miss Bingley is not around.
(b) That the event will be over quickly.
(c) That he will soon return to London.
(d) That he will not fall in love with a Bennet girl.
2. Where does Darcy say the eldest Bennet sisters were after church?
(a) Looking at the garden.
(b) Keeping an eye on the children.
(c) Speaking to the vicar.
(d) Tidying up the church.
3. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) Jane Austen.
4. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
(a) That his attraction to Elizabeth is noticeable.
(b) That Elizabeth notices him watching her.
(c) That his invitation to dance with Elizabeth is rejected.
(d) That Miss Bingley knows about Georgiana's incident with Wickham.
5. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A prominent sporting man.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A local wit.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
2. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
3. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
4. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
5. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)