|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Intermezzo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bingley say shocked his sisters in Chapter 2?
(a) That Jane dared to approach Bingley at church.
(b) That Darcy sang at church.
(c) That Darcy attended church.
(d) That the church service was so lively.
2. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(b) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(c) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(d) The bad weather.
3. What does Miss Bingley mock the younger Bennet sisters for?
(a) Their fashion sense.
(b) Their naivete.
(c) Their immodesty.
(d) Their gossiping.
4. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth while in Church?
(a) Her gentle demeanor.
(b) Her singing voice.
(c) Her dislike of Miss Bingley.
(d) Her calming effect on her mother.
5. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
(a) To spend the rest of his days in Meryton.
(b) To be married to Miss Bingley.
(c) To separate Bingley from Miss Bennet.
(d) To be thrown into constant company with Elizabeth Bennet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
2. "An Assembly Such as This" is the retelling of which author's original work?
3. What place does Darcy expect the Bingleys will take in Meryton society?
4. Who does Darcy see the handsome girl and her sisters speaking to as he leaves the party?
5. Where does Darcy notice a great deal of excitement?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)