|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, His Own Worst Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley he is meditating on in Chapter 5?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) A fine female figure.
(c) A pair of fine eyes.
(d) The joyous people dancing.
2. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't help but smile.
(b) He begins to feel angry.
(c) He hides from her.
(d) He is drawn toward her.
3. How does Darcy refer to the Bennets' London relations?
(a) As royalty compared to their country cousins.
(b) As barely respectable.
(c) As borderline criminal.
(d) As the most respectable branch of the family tree.
4. Why does Elizabeth exit the church as Darcy is entering the church in Chapter 8?
(a) To run a quick errand.
(b) To meet her friend at the entrance gate.
(c) To avoid Darcy.
(d) To retrieve Jane's shawl.
5. What usually draws the Bingley sisters to church?
(a) Their piety.
(b) The chance to see their neighbors.
(c) The promise of an afternoon out.
(d) The presence of an influential person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the center of attention for the young men at the party in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Darcy ask Bingley to join him to discuss the property?
3. Who does Darcy expect will be in attendance at Bingley's Saturday engagement?
4. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
5. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)