|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, His Own Worst Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Confront Wickham.
(b) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(c) Speak to Elizabeth.
(d) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
2. What does Darcy tell his dog is the only thing steadying his feelings for Elizabeth?
(a) Her poverty.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her personality.
(d) Her looks.
3. In Chapter 2, what is Darcy confident he will be able to teach Bingley?
(a) How to avoid the locals.
(b) How to dress like a gentleman.
(c) How to be a man of property.
(d) How to hunt the local game.
4. When Miss Bingley joins Darcy at the Lucas', what does she think Darcy is thinking about?
(a) His disdain for Mrs. Bennet.
(b) The time he is wasting at the party.
(c) Taking a horse ride.
(d) The insipidity of the people there.
5. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) Militia men.
(b) The vicar.
(c) Young ladies.
(d) Elder country gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Darcy ask to dance with at the Lucas'?
2. What does Bingley assure Darcy of when he looks down the hall at the end of Chapter 2?
3. Where is Bingley engaged to dine on Monday?
4. What does Elizabeth accuse Darcy of while at the Lucas' home?
5. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)