|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, His Own Worst Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Darcy when Elizabeth arrives at the party in Chapter 3?
(a) He begins to feel angry.
(b) He is drawn toward her.
(c) He can't help but smile.
(d) He hides from her.
2. What does Darcy note is evident by Elizabeth's social graces?
(a) That she doesn't care what others think of her.
(b) That she lacks a genteel upbringing.
(c) That she has a lot of pride.
(d) That she has spent time in London.
3. Who does Darcy tell Bingley is not invited to Netherfield in Chapter 8?
(d) Jane and Elizabeth.
4. What is odd about Elizabeth's clothes in Chapter 8?
(a) She is wearing the same outfit as she did the day before.
(b) They are not appropriate for church.
(c) They compliment Darcy's apparel.
(d) They are much too small for her.
5. What does Darcy suggest that he and Bingley go to the village to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Purchase some medicine.
(b) Buy new books.
(c) Post their letters.
(d) Visit the barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy chide Bingley for at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
3. What does Bingley tell Darcy has been spotted a mile from the gate, in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the estate Bingley is letting?
5. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)