|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, His Own Worst Enemy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opinion of Elizabeth Bennet does Darcy make clear at dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) That she is worthy of his attention.
(b) That she is more attractive than Miss Bingley.
(c) That she is the worst of her family.
(d) That she is not his idea of perfection.
2. What does Darcy insist to himself that he must do in Chapter 5?
(a) Clarify to Miss Bingley that he will not marry her.
(b) Confront Wickham.
(c) Make Bingley give up on Jane.
(d) Speak to Elizabeth.
3. Who is accompanying the Bennet sisters in Chapter 8?
(a) Charlotte Lucas.
(b) Colonel Forster.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
(d) Mr. Collins and Lieutenant George Wickham.
4. Who does Miss Bingley note the Bennet sisters seem popular with?
(a) The vicar.
(b) Militia men.
(c) Elder country gentlemen.
(d) Young ladies.
5. What does Miss Bingley dissuade her brother from doing to help Miss Bennet in Chapter 6?
(a) Fetching expensive medicines.
(b) Bringing a doctor from London.
(c) Taking her to a hospital.
(d) Calling for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Bingley send Darcy when he enters the room in Chapter 3?
2. Where does Bingley suggest going with Darcy on Tuesday in Chapter 8?
3. What does Miss Bingley thank Darcy for sharing with her in Chapter 2?
4. What does Darcy think he owes to Elizabeth in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mrs. Bennet say Jane's former suitor did for her daughter?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)