|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy notice about Elizabeth at dinner?
(a) Her fondness for her father.
(b) Her closeness with the Lucases.
(c) Her insecurity.
(d) Her engaging manners.
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
3. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(b) Paradise Lost.
(c) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(d) An Inland Voyage.
4. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is tolerating Bingley.
(b) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(c) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(d) She is attracted to Bingley.
5. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(a) Colonel Forster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
2. What embarrasses Darcy in Chapter 4?
3. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
4. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
5. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)