|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her table manners.
(b) Her hairstyle.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her needlework.
2. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Elizabeth's suitors.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Darcy's fortune.
(d) Bingley's faults.
3. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(b) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(c) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(d) To make sure he does not drink too much.
4. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Miss Bingley.
(c) Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet.
5. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
(c) Colonel Forster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
3. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
4. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
5. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)