|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The reflections on the water fountain.
(b) The light on his glass.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The moon.
2. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Meeting Elizabeth's eyes.
(b) Watching Elizabeth sip her wine.
(c) Hearing Elizabeth say his name.
(d) Watching Elizabeth laugh.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That he would like to dance with her.
(b) That she will make a fine wife.
(c) That she is universally admired.
(d) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
5. What is Darcy's horse named?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
3. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
4. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
5. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)