|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
(a) A of literature.
(c) Some flowers.
(d) A young woman.
2. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Bingley's faults.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Darcy's fortune.
(d) Elizabeth's suitors.
3. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
(a) To wilfully misunderstand people.
(b) Trusting the wrong people.
(c) Holding grudges.
(d) Blaming others for her mistakes.
4. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) To determine whether or not he is truly in love.
(b) To see if he dances as he promised to do.
(c) To make sure he does not embarass himself.
(d) To make sure he does not drink too much.
5. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(b) Paradise Lost.
(c) An Inland Voyage.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
2. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
4. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
5. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)