|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Calm her mother.
(b) Fix Mary's dress.
(c) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
2. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she has great sense.
(b) That she is very witty.
(c) That she is very affectionate.
(d) That she is lively and innocent.
3. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(b) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
4. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That she is universally admired.
(b) That he would like to dance with her.
(c) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(d) That she will make a fine wife.
5. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Stopping to help the Bennets with their broken carriage.
(b) A crisis with Miss Bingley's apparel.
(c) Not having someone to drive their carriage.
(d) The bad weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
2. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
3. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
4. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
5. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)