|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy overhear Mrs. Bennet talking to Lady Lucas about in Chapter 10?
(a) Bingley's faults.
(b) Her expectations concerning Jane and Bingley.
(c) Elizabeth's suitors.
(d) Darcy's fortune.
2. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(b) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
(c) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(d) Lock up Netherfield.
3. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her hairstyle.
(b) Her needlework.
(c) Her dress.
(d) Her table manners.
4. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A prominent sporting man.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A local wit.
5. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
(b) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(c) Paradise Lost.
(d) An Inland Voyage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is seated across from Darcy in Chapter 10?
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
3. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
4. What does Darcy receive two volumes about in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)