|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(c) Calm her mother.
(d) Fix Mary's dress.
2. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(b) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(c) She is attracted to Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
3. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(b) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(c) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
(d) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
4. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
(a) Her hairstyle.
(b) Her dress.
(c) Her needlework.
(d) Her table manners.
5. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Bingley.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal substance do the men partake of in Chapter 4?
2. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
3. Of what does Elizabeth say Darcy's admiration may be detrimental in Chapter 7?
4. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)