|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
2. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(b) Darcy laughs.
(c) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
(d) Darcy storms out of the room.
3. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
(b) Calm her mother.
(d) Fix Mary's dress.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A shortness of breath.
(b) A tightness in his chest.
(c) A pounding in his head.
(d) An ache in his legs.
5. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Five o'clock pm.
(b) Eight o'clock am.
(c) Ten o'clock am.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
2. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
3. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
4. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
5. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)