|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she has great sense.
(b) That she is very affectionate.
(c) That she is lively and innocent.
(d) That she is very witty.
2. What is Darcy's horse named?
3. What does Elizabeth NOT accuse Darcy of in Chapter 7?
(b) Hating everyone.
4. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That he would like to dance with her.
(b) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(c) That she is universally admired.
(d) That she will make a fine wife.
5. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(d) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Darcy closely watch Bingley in Chapter 10?
2. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
3. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
4. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
5. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)