|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bingley established as in Chapter 4?
(a) A prominent sporting man.
(b) A philanthropist.
(c) A member of the local council.
(d) A local wit.
2. What does Miss Bingley offer Darcy in Chapter 4?
(b) A chocolate.
(c) A dance.
(d) Her handkerchief.
3. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That she will make a fine wife.
(b) That he would like to dance with her.
(c) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(d) That she is universally admired.
4. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(b) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(c) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
5. What of the following does Darcy NOT ask Miss Bingley to do in Chapter 10?
(a) Lock up Netherfield.
(b) Follow Darcy and Bingley to London in several days.
(c) Write a letter to Mr. Bennet.
(d) Write to Jane and tell her that Bingley will likely never return to Netherfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
2. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
3. What does Miss Bingley insist to Elizabeth in the drawing room, in Chapter 7?
4. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
5. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)