|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
(a) She is deeply in love with Bingley.
(b) She is attracted to Bingley.
(c) She is indifferent to Bingley.
(d) She is tolerating Bingley.
2. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
(c) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(d) He replies with a simple 'no'.
3. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Jane Bennet.
(c) Miss Bingley.
(d) Mr. Bingley.
4. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The reflections on the water fountain.
(b) The moon.
(c) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(d) The light on his glass.
5. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is serious in nature.
(b) It is out of fashion.
(c) It is unpopular with women.
(d) It is for children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
2. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
3. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
4. Whose tradition is it to spend Christmas at Pemberley?
5. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)