|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
(a) That he would like to dance with her.
(b) That she will make a fine wife.
(c) That many young ladies are jealous of her.
(d) That she is universally admired.
2. What surprises Darcy about the book Elizabeth chooses in the library?
(a) It is out of fashion.
(b) It is unpopular with women.
(c) It is for children.
(d) It is serious in nature.
3. Which book does Elizabeth choose to read in the Netherfield library?
(a) Paradise Lost.
(b) An Inland Voyage.
(c) Cobwebs to Catch Flies.
(d) Grimm's Fairy Tales.
4. Who chides the piano player in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Collins.
(b) Mr. Bennet.
(c) Mrs. Bennet.
5. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(b) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
2. In Chapter 4, where does Bingley tell Darcy the Bennets will be dining the next evening?
3. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
4. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
5. What does Darcy realize his destiny seems to be in Chapter 4?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)