|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
(a) Jane Bennet is not equal in class to Mr. Bingley.
(b) Because of the appalling behavior of her relatives.
(c) Darcy has a more appealing prospect lined up for Mr. Bingley.
(d) Jane Bennet is unable to play the pianoforte or cross stitch.
2. What does Darcy regret at dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Being cold toward Elizabeth.
(b) Telling Bingley that Jane already has a suitor.
(c) Not asking Elizabeth to dance.
(d) Not being seated nearer to Elizabeth.
3. Who is mocked while playing the pianoforte in Chapter 10?
(a) Miss Mary Bennet.
(b) Elizabeth Bennet.
(c) Lydia Bennet.
(d) Jane Bennet.
4. What is the name of Darcy's hound?
5. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is regretful.
(d) He is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does Miss Bingley lament does not like her?
2. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
3. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
4. What causes the Netherfield party to arrive late to dinner in Chapter 4?
5. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)