|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dinner host in Chapter 4 say of Elizabeth Bennet's personality?
(a) That she is very affectionate.
(b) That she has great sense.
(c) That she is lively and innocent.
(d) That she is very witty.
2. How does Darcy feel about Elizabeth's departure from Netherfield?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is regretful.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is angry.
3. To what does Darcy compare Elizabeth's eyes?
(a) The light on his glass.
(b) The sparkle of the chandelier.
(c) The moon.
(d) The reflections on the water fountain.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A shortness of breath.
(b) A tightness in his chest.
(c) An ache in his legs.
(d) A pounding in his head.
5. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
(a) Elizabeth's brooch.
(b) Elizabeth's hair pin.
(c) Elizabeth's bookmark.
(d) Elizabeth's handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
2. What does Darcy tell Miss Bingley at the dinner table in Chapter 4?
3. What does Darcy see Elizabeth praise a young girl for?
4. What makes Darcy's pulse elevate at dinner in Chapter 4?
5. Why is Darcy convinced that he cannot allow Bingley to continue his pursuit of Jane Bennet?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)