One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Beyond the Pale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fletcher respond when Darcy asks him if he is sorry to leave Herfordshire in Chapter 9?
(a) He says that the country has its own treasures and man does not like leaving treasure behind.
(b) He says that he is leaving behind his heart and soul.
(c) He replies with a simple 'no'.
(d) He says that he has never looked forward to the sight of London's soot and squalor more in his life.
2. What does Darcy do when Fletcher tells him when the Misses Bennets are leaving in Chapter 7?
(a) Darcy shouts for Bingley.
(b) Darcy laughs.
(c) Darcy storms out of the room.
(d) Darcy snaps at Fletcher.
3. After Darcy greets Elizabeth in Chapter 4, what does she excuse herself to do?
(a) Fix Mary's dress.
(b) Calm her mother.
(c) Speak to Mr. Lucas.
4. What does Darcy feel after a sleepless night in Chapter 7?
(a) A tightness in his chest.
(b) A shortness of breath.
(c) A pounding in his head.
(d) An ache in his legs.
5. What time of day does Darcy plan to leave Netherfield in Chapter 10?
(a) Ten o'clock am.
(b) Eight o'clock am.
(d) Five o'clock pm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Darcy pocket in Chapter 7 as Bingley enters the library?
2. What does Darcy conclude about Jane's feelings for Bingley in Chapter 10?
3. What does the dinner host tease Darcy about in Chapter 4?
4. What does Darcy tell Elizabeth is her fault in Chapter 7?
5. Who accosts Darcy with information about Lady Catherine De Bourgh in Chapter 10?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)