|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it that finally broke the Kasbah's defenses?
(a) Accurate fire from the beached destroyer, Dallas.
(b) Fifty troops led by Truscott stormed the gates.
(c) Eight Navy dive bombers.
(d) Well placed Howitzers.
2. What medal did Rear Admiral Hewitt win in World War I?
(a) The Purple Heart.
(b) A Medal of Honor.
(c) The Navy Cross for Heroism.
(d) The rank of Admiral.
3. While Patton was made a national hero in taking Casablanca, which defects were also revealed, according to the author?
(a) A wonton disregard of logistics.
(b) An incapacity to empathize with frightened soldiers.
(c) A childish propensity to feud with other services.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. The signal "Advance Napoleon," was issues by Eisenhower which indicated what to the troops readying operation VILLAIN?
(a) To carry out Plan D and expect a hostile reception by the French.
(b) To carry out Plan B and expect a hostile reception by the French.
(c) To carry out Plan B and expect a docile reception by the French.
(d) To carry out Plan C and expect to be dropped behind enemy lines.
5. Upon taking Oran what did the Allies immediately set to converting it to?
(a) A vast supply depot.
(b) The Allies' primary naval station.
(c) The largest airbase in North Africa.
(d) A boot camp where British and American troops would be trained together.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the end of the cavalry era came not with a bang, but with:
2. America declared war on Germany upon:
3. Old Ironsides was both the only tank division to see desert battle in WWII, and:
4. What decision by Rear Admiral Hewitt was considered "a brave decision, the decision of a commander," by Lord Lewis Mountbatten, the commander of British amphibious forces?
5. In the winter of 1942, which Nation proved the dominant Air force in North Africa?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)