|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon the capitulation of the French, what 'natural order' was quickly re-established?
(a) Franco-American amity.
(b) British generalship.
(c) French superiority.
(d) Mutual distrust.
2. What rouse did the French employ when repairing the gun turret on the Jean Bart?
(a) They camouflaged the gun turret with wreckage from other ships.
(b) They left the guns cockeyed.
(c) They allowed the ship to sink several feet.
(d) They pumped smoke from the top of the turret suggesting fire on board.
3. What did Arnim do to undermine Rommel's attack on Le Kef and his designees on Tebessa?
(a) Withheld the 7th Artillery division.
(b) Required him attack on a more circuitous route.
(c) Withheld any air cover.
(d) Withheld half of the 10th Panzer division's tanks.
4. Who wrote the following after the drubbing in Sbeitla: "There is nothing wrong with the common American soldier. His fighting spirit is good. His morale is okay. The deeper he gets into a fight, the more of a fighting man he becomes."
(a) Paul Robinett.
(b) Charles Perry.
(c) Ernie Pyle.
(d) Dwight Eisenhower.
5. Of the Fifty-two Sherman tanks caught in the German attack Fruhlingswind how many survived?
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did Patton cite for disobeying orders regarding the planned bombardment of Casablanca.
2. What was Leedstown?
3. Who was General Nehring replaced by?
4. What hunch of Eisenhower's in regards to General Giraud looks to be accurate?
5. What was General Everlegh confident would fall before the end of Christmas Day?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)