|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrests James for protesting Igloo White at Hansom Air Force Base?
2. What does Joe Carroll do as James blesses him and lays hands on his head?
3. As what is the Catholic Student Center also known?
4. Whose point of view does James present on the Cavett Show?
5. Robert Kennedy encourages James saying priests are needed in the streets. Who is already in the streets?
Essay Topic 1
Pope Paul VI shocks many in government positions and is one of many who protest the Vietnam War.
Part 1) How does Pope Paul VI shock those in government?
Part 2) How do others react to what the Pope preaches?
Part 3) What other people promote peace?
Essay Topic 2
Walter Cronkite declares the war will end in stalemate.
Part 1) What does the President learn from this message?
Part 2) What does the President do because of this message?
Part 3) What does this show about the power of the civilian population?
Essay Topic 3
Cardinal Cooke asks candidates to promise to obey and respect him and his successors as he enfolds their hands.
Part 1) Why does James have a hard time accepting this?
Part 2) How does this keep power out of the hands of individual priests?
Part 3) Imagine how you would feel in his position. How would you have handled this situation?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)