|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose point of view does James present on the Cavett Show?
(a) His father's.
(b) His students'.
(c) Father Daniel Berrigan's.
(d) His own.
2. What does Joseph ask of his son at Christmas dinner, 1965?
(a) To be the priest at his younger brother's wedding.
(b) To leave the priesthood.
(c) He asks his son to say grace for the first time.
(d) To support his views.
3. Who is delighted to be a personal guest of Cardinal Spellman's and helps welcome the Pope?
(a) Mary Carroll.
(b) James Carroll.
(c) Joseph Carroll.
(d) Brian Carroll.
4. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
(a) He is not favored by the Pope.
(b) He is a good friend.
(c) He is looking forward to ordaining James.
(d) He is looking for a golf caddy.
5. What does Joe Carroll do as James blesses him and lays hands on his head?
(a) He sits silently.
(b) He is filled with the Holy Spirit.
(c) He prays.
(d) He convulses and silently sobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and fellow novices do on the edge of a lake?
2. Who does His Holiness address for its twentieth-year celebration?
3. For what is Selma, Alabama, in 1965, notorious?
4. Who is the FBI resolved to bring down?
5. On what does James learn Catholic beliefs in scripture, events and characters are based?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)