|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose point of view does James present on the Cavett Show?
(a) His own.
(b) His students'.
(c) His father's.
(d) Father Daniel Berrigan's.
2. What does James intern as in Atlanta?
(a) A lay assistant.
(b) An Air Force cadet.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A pastoral counselor.
3. Nixon is in office and plans to do what with the Vietnam War?
(a) Ask other countries for assistance.
(b) Slowly remove soldiers from Vietnam.
(c) End it.
(d) Escalate it.
4. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
(a) They are friends with James.
(b) James is in the Air Force.
(c) They have nothing else to do.
(d) James is a general's son.
5. To what does the author flash back?
(a) His childhood riding in an automobile with his father.
(b) His high school girlfriend.
(c) His years in Germany.
(d) His recent experience with Allen Tate in Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is no one allowed to truly speak his mind?
2. What convinces James to be Patrick Hughes' friend?
3. By the will of whom does Diem rule Vietnam?
4. What does James do a week before entering the novitiate?
5. What does Cardinal Spellman do to Daniel Berrigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
2. How does Father Daniel Berrigan protest the war?
3. What leads to General Carroll's feelings towards Martin Luther King, Jr.?
4. General Carroll is chairman of a Washington dinner to honor Hoover. He asks Father James to offer the benediction. How does Father James react?
5. What does the FBI do to Martin Luther King, Jr.?
6. How does the text show James is beginning to agree with his friends and associates who think he can follow Patrick's example of self-confidence and risk-taking by skating on his own thin ice?
7. His Holiness addresses the United Nations for its twentieth-year celebration.
8. Describe James' second revolution.
9. Who are the Paulist Fathers?
10. Why can Michael not be buried by a Catholic priest?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)