|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does General Carroll ask of Father James?
(a) To offer the benediction at a dinner to honor Hoover.
(b) To leave the priesthood.
(c) To change his views on the war.
(d) To support his beliefs.
2. By the will of whom does Diem rule Vietnam?
3. Where does James begin seminary training in 1963?
(a) St. Francis College.
(b) St. Paul's College.
(c) St. Mark's College.
(d) College of the Benedictine.
4. The Pope's speech ends in French. What does it translate to in English?
(a) War no more.
(b) God bless the U.S.A.
(c) We must fight God's war.
(d) God is on our side.
5. These priests focus on a defensive Catholic Church and a hostile American culture.
(a) Benedictine Fathers.
(b) Markist Fathers.
(c) Paulist Fathers.
(d) Franciscan Fathers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Daniel Berrigan becomes a national hero. What is Spellman forced to do?
2. King is wiretapped, and what does his sexual behavior replace as an issue?
3. What bill does President Johnson propose? He ends his speech with "we shall overcome" and becomes an ally of King's.
4. What convinces James to be Patrick Hughes' friend?
5. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
2. What is James' opinion of segregation and white supremacy as a child?
3. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
4. Who are the Paulist Fathers?
5. How is Boston University a good fit for Father Carroll?
6. Why is General Carroll successful in his government position?
7. Describe James' second revolution.
8. What is the tone difference between Robert F. Kennedy and J. Edgar Hoover?
9. What is the General's opinion of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
10. How is James' friendship with Patrick Hughes significant?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)