|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James organize a citizens' tribunal to indict J. Edgar Hoover?
(a) For his segregationist views.
(b) For FBI abuses.
(c) For betraying his father.
(d) For his assination attempt of the President.
2. Robert Kennedy encourages James saying priests are needed in the streets. Who is already in the streets?
(a) The politicians.
(b) The people.
(c) The ministers.
(d) The devil.
3. How does James read the Bible for the first time?
(a) As a living thing.
(b) Starting with the New Testament.
(c) Very slowly.
(d) Using the Hebrew Bible.
4. James sees King once in person, and what is his opinion of King?
(a) He is a liar and a coward.
(b) His father is right in believing King is void of all morals.
(c) He can not be trusted.
(d) King is the only public figure to which he is personally devoted.
5. When the General and Mary reunite with James at St. Paul's College and walk up Fourth Street, to where do they walk?
(a) The Lincoln Memorial.
(b) The Washington Monument.
(c) The National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
(d) The Catholic Archidiacese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bill does President Johnson propose? He ends his speech with "we shall overcome" and becomes an ally of King's.
2. James feels his life ends when he enters seminary and that as a child he first hears the word as what?
3. James is a boy in southern Alexandria and raised in what traditions?
4. Nixon is in office and plans to do what with the Vietnam War?
5. What does James' mother refuse to recognize about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Boston University a good fit for Father Carroll?
2. How does Father Daniel Berrigan protest the war?
3. How is Father Daniel Berrigan caught?
4. What is James' opinion of segregation and white supremacy as a child?
5. Ritual requires a newly-ordained priest perform his first priestly blessing on his parents. How do his parents react?
6. Why is General Carroll successful in his government position?
7. Father James continues to have struggles with his vocation and decides to spend the summer on retreat in the Holy Land to reconsider his vocation. How does this trip help him make a decision about being a priest?
8. General Carroll is chairman of a Washington dinner to honor Hoover. He asks Father James to offer the benediction. How does Father James react?
9. What leads to General Carroll's feelings towards Martin Luther King, Jr.?
10. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)