|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nixon is in office and plans to do what with the Vietnam War?
(a) End it.
(b) Ask other countries for assistance.
(c) Escalate it.
(d) Slowly remove soldiers from Vietnam.
2. What do James and fellow novices do on the edge of a lake?
(c) Contemplate their choice to join the priesthood.
(d) Bet when it will freeze over.
3. Why does Father James spend the summer on retreat in the Holy Land?
(a) To reconsider his vocation.
(b) To meet with religious leaders.
(c) To take a long-needed vacation.
(d) For a religion conference.
4. Who becomes to James, for the first time, a man with whom he can identify?
(a) The Pope.
(b) John the Baptist.
(c) His father.
5. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
(a) They are friends with James.
(b) They have nothing else to do.
(c) James is in the Air Force.
(d) James is a general's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why will a local Catholic priest not bury Tate's son, Michael?
2. On what does James learn Catholic beliefs in scripture, events and characters are based?
3. For what is Selma, Alabama, in 1965, notorious?
4. Of what does James believe Joe Carroll embodies the motto?
5. James reads an account of his father's conspiracy to destroy whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Paulist Fathers?
2. Why does James have a hard time promising to obey and respect Cardinal Cooke and his successors?
3. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
4. Why does the President begin to reject escalation of the war and refuse any use of nuclear weapons?
5. What does the FBI do to Martin Luther King, Jr.?
6. How is the author resistant to authority?
7. How is Father Daniel Berrigan caught?
8. What is James' opinion of segregation and white supremacy as a child?
9. Describe James' second revolution.
10. What leads to General Carroll's feelings towards Martin Luther King, Jr.?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)