|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kennedy is assassinated, what does Johnson take over?
(a) The presidency.
(b) The administration and the war.
(c) The war.
(d) The Democratic Party.
2. How does James read the Bible for the first time?
(a) Using the Hebrew Bible.
(b) As a living thing.
(c) Very slowly.
(d) Starting with the New Testament.
3. To what is the author resistant?
(b) His father.
(d) The military.
4. James' appointment with Tate is interrupted by what personal tragedy the night before?
(a) His brother has been caught leaving the country and the draft.
(b) The country has gone to war.
(c) James' father dies.
(d) One of Tate's newborn twins dies.
5. What does the General call Martin Luther King?
(a) A religious role model.
(b) The most notorious liar in America.
(c) A great man.
(d) A leader of the free.
Short Answer Questions
1. James is ordained in 1969, and assigned to the campus ministry at what university?
2. Why does James keep secret that he met and was kissed by Pope John XXIII?
3. How is Dan Berrigan's hiding place found?
4. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
5. What does Cardinal Spellman do to Daniel Berrigan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the text show James is beginning to agree with his friends and associates who think he can follow Patrick's example of self-confidence and risk-taking by skating on his own thin ice?
2. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
3. Who are the Paulist Fathers?
4. What is the General's opinion of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
5. What leads to General Carroll's feelings towards Martin Luther King, Jr.?
6. Describe James' second revolution.
7. How is Boston University a good fit for Father Carroll?
8. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
9. How is James' friendship with Patrick Hughes significant?
10. Father James continues to have struggles with his vocation and decides to spend the summer on retreat in the Holy Land to reconsider his vocation. How does this trip help him make a decision about being a priest?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)