|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes famous for leaking the Pentagon Papers?
(a) Daniel Ellsberg.
(b) James Carroll.
(c) J. Edgar Hoover.
(d) Cardinal Spellman.
2. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
(a) James is a general's son.
(b) They have nothing else to do.
(c) James is in the Air Force.
(d) They are friends with James.
3. What does James intern as in Atlanta?
(a) A lay assistant.
(b) An Air Force cadet.
(c) A therapist.
(d) A pastoral counselor.
4. The Pope's speech ends in French. What does it translate to in English?
(a) War no more.
(b) God bless the U.S.A.
(c) God is on our side.
(d) We must fight God's war.
5. What happens to James when he raises the Confederate flag to celebrate Robert E. Lee's birthday in the Washington Benedictine prep school?
(a) He is awarded.
(b) He is lightly reprimanded.
(c) He is expelled.
(d) He is exalted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the FBI resolved to bring down?
2. What does James do a week before entering the novitiate?
3. To what is the author resistant?
4. Tom Dooley writes a book inferring what about Vietnam?
5. James sees King once in person, and what is his opinion of King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads to General Carroll's feelings towards Martin Luther King, Jr.?
2. Who are the Paulist Fathers?
3. How does James feel about his calling as both priest and poet?
4. Father James continues to have struggles with his vocation and decides to spend the summer on retreat in the Holy Land to reconsider his vocation. How does this trip help him make a decision about being a priest?
5. How is James' friendship with Patrick Hughes significant?
6. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
7. How is the author resistant to authority?
8. How is Boston University a good fit for Father Carroll?
9. Ritual requires a newly-ordained priest perform his first priestly blessing on his parents. How do his parents react?
10. Describe James' second revolution.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)