|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrests James for protesting Igloo White at Hansom Air Force Base?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Secret Service.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Air Force.
2. To what is the conflict between James and his father limited?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Civil Rights movement.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) The Air Force.
3. Why does James keep secret that he met and was kissed by Pope John XXIII?
(a) He does not think anyone would believe him.
(b) No one is allowed to know.
(c) He feels guilty about advantages he receives.
(d) He is shy.
4. How does James feel at his ordination?
(a) He is fearful.
(b) He feels betrayed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is unsure.
5. What convinces James to be Patrick Hughes' friend?
(a) He has no other friends.
(b) Patrick does not give James the option to say no.
(c) Patrick is kind and loving.
(d) Patrick's belief in himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
2. James is ordained in 1969, and assigned to the campus ministry at what university?
3. How does James thank "Mr. Johnson" for ending the war?
4. James sees King once in person, and what is his opinion of King?
5. What changes James' life and leads to a weekly review of two poems?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James feel about his calling as both priest and poet?
2. General Carroll is chairman of a Washington dinner to honor Hoover. He asks Father James to offer the benediction. How does Father James react?
3. Describe James' second revolution.
4. How does Father Daniel Berrigan protest the war?
5. How is the author resistant to authority?
6. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
7. What does the FBI do to Martin Luther King, Jr.?
8. Why does James have a hard time promising to obey and respect Cardinal Cooke and his successors?
9. What is the General's opinion of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
10. His Holiness addresses the United Nations for its twentieth-year celebration.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)