|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James organize a citizens' tribunal to indict J. Edgar Hoover?
(a) For FBI abuses.
(b) For his segregationist views.
(c) For his assination attempt of the President.
(d) For betraying his father.
2. When Kennedy is assassinated, what does Johnson take over?
(a) The administration and the war.
(b) The Democratic Party.
(c) The war.
(d) The presidency.
3. What in Washington transforms James' resistance into a resolution because he is faithful to John XXIII and embodies his vision for the Church?
(a) Joseph Carroll's position.
(b) Hans Kung's lecture.
(c) Father Kelly's book.
(d) Robert F. Kennedy's speech.
4. Who is the FBI resolved to bring down?
(a) Martin Luther King.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Cardinal Spellman.
(d) Joseph Carroll.
5. James' appointment with Tate is interrupted by what personal tragedy the night before?
(a) His brother has been caught leaving the country and the draft.
(b) One of Tate's newborn twins dies.
(c) James' father dies.
(d) The country has gone to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does His Holiness address for its twentieth-year celebration?
2. Why will a local Catholic priest not bury Tate's son, Michael?
3. What does Joe Carroll do as James blesses him and lays hands on his head?
4. The Pope's speech ends in French. What does it translate to in English?
5. What does James do a week before entering the novitiate?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)