|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he instruct James to do?
(a) Become a priest.
(b) Join the FBI.
(c) Move back to Chicago.
(d) Drive his mother and brothers south to Richmond.
2. For years what does James wonder about his father?
(a) Why he married his mother.
(b) How his anti-war stance would affect his father.
(c) How he decides to join the FBI.
(d) Why he left the seminary.
3. What happens as James and his father are golfing on the base golf course in Puerto Rico?
(a) The U.S. begins the Vietnam War.
(b) James tells his father he is marrying Lexa.
(c) A fleet of B-52 bombers lands.
(d) James tells his father he is joining the priesthood.
4. Mary drives the children to pick Joseph up at night. What does she do on the way home?
(a) Visits friends.
(b) Drives along the Potomac.
(c) Gives them a tour of Washington.
(d) Picks up dinner.
5. Silence during their ride home does what between James and his father?
(a) Causes a rift between to two.
(b) Seals the bond.
(c) Makes them uncomfortable.
(d) Leaves unanswered questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proposes using bomb shelters after a U.S. first strike?
2. Of whom will the General depend on James to take care?
3. What has made FDR paralyzed from the waist down?
4. In November 1965, who sets himself on fire at the Pentagon?
5. Of what is this sexual image the opposite in James' life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James' antiwar stance affect his father?
2. What are Joseph's and Mary's roles in their family?
3. How does Roger Touhy who is a Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer that have a significant impact on James' father's career?
4. Why is the General in a somber mood on the drive home with his son?
5. Who is in attendance for his first mass and sermon?
6. Upon what does James reflect at the end of the chapter, regarding B-52s and nuclear war?
7. How do 1950s Americans perceive Pope Pius XII?
8. How does Joe become a part of Kelly's political hypocrisy?
9. How does Roosevelt's inauguration differ from past presidential inaugurations?
10. How does James, the anti-war priest from a military family feel giving his first sermon?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)