|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Touhy manhunt takes on the wartime symbolism of a hunt for who?
2. How does James get to know Monsignor Chess?
(a) He teaches at James' school.
(b) James' works for him in the rectory.
(c) He is the priest at James' church.
(d) James caddies for him and his father.
3. James and Joe junior accompany their father to what base in Puerto Rico?
(a) Ramey Air Force Base.
(b) Fort Benjamin Harrison.
(c) Fort Bragg.
(d) Fort Knox.
4. In November 1965, who sets himself on fire at the Pentagon?
(a) A Neo-Nazi.
(b) A hippie from San Francisco.
(c) A German soldier.
(d) A Quaker war-protester.
5. Joseph gives his family what motto?
(a) To Thyself Be True.
(b) Pro Deo et Patria.
(c) Etre ou ne pas Etre.
(d) Liberte et Fraternite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does James feel shame to admit is his childhood neighbor on Generals' Row?
2. How does Joe feel about leaving the seminary?
3. What does Joe junior undergo a dozen of over the next fifteen years?
4. World War II is ongoing, and where is Joe assigned?
5. Where does Joe Carroll work to support his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James realize about his desire to enter the seminary?
2. Upon what does James reflect at the end of the chapter, regarding B-52s and nuclear war?
3. How does Roosevelt's inauguration differ from past presidential inaugurations?
4. How does Joe become a part of Kelly's political hypocrisy?
5. What are some of the discussions about use of nuclear weapons in preemptive strikes on China and the Soviet Union that James remembers?
6. What is known about Francis Cardinal Spellman?
7. Who is in attendance for his first mass and sermon?
8. What do Joe and Mary do for their Chicago guests and relatives from Chicago?
9. What are Joseph's and Mary's roles in their family?
10. How does Joe Carroll catch Roger Touhy?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)