|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. President Kennedy reverses nuclear thinking through speeches, the Test Ban Treaty and what else?
(a) The Treaty for Human Liberties.
(b) The Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
(c) The Nuclear Weaponry Treaty.
(d) The United Nations Treaty.
2. How does James get to know Monsignor Chess?
(a) James caddies for him and his father.
(b) James' works for him in the rectory.
(c) He is the priest at James' church.
(d) He teaches at James' school.
3. How does James perceive the Carroll family's time in Germany?
(d) Their best.
4. Where does the author secretly throw his Georgetown University prize?
(a) Into the swamp behind the seminary.
(b) In the woods behind the seminary.
(c) In the Potomac.
(d) In the Atlantic ocean.
5. Where does Joe Carroll work to support his family?
(a) For the Chicago Tribune.
(b) In a bank.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In the Chicago stockyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is founding director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in charge of enemy counts and evaluating targets in Vietnam?
2. Who commends Joe Carroll's action in capturing Touhy?
3. No longer Father James, a priest, what is James Carroll?
4. Joe and Jim wear Democrat campaign pins with what motto to protest Republican "I Like Ike" campaign pins?
5. Joe and Mary Carroll have how many brothers and sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Upon what does James reflect at the end of the chapter, regarding B-52s and nuclear war?
2. Why is FDR an admired president?
3. How does James honor his father in this chapter?
4. What government position does Joe Carroll have in Europe?
5. What are Joseph's and Mary's roles in their family?
6. How does Joe Carroll catch Roger Touhy?
7. What are the two tracks James sees in his life in Wiesbaden?
8. How do 1950s Americans perceive Pope Pius XII?
9. How does the celebration begin?
10. What is known about Francis Cardinal Spellman?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)