|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Despite the cold, James is pleased this president does not do this.
(a) Wear a scarf.
(b) Wear a hat.
(c) Say his speech inside.
(d) Cancel the inaugural ceremony.
2. What do the Catholics call the Chapel?
(a) "Our Lady of Perpetual Help."
(b) "Our Lady of Peace."
(c) "Holy Trinity."
(d) "Our Father."
3. What does Joe stay in for twenty-five years rather than the six months originally expected?
(a) The Secret Service.
(b) The Air Force.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The Navy.
4. Who reflects a new image of priests than James and his mother remember?
(a) The priests in the Wiesbaden church.
(b) The Paulists.
(c) Monsignor Chess and his associates.
(d) Young chaplains in Wiesbaden.
5. Joe and his family leave Chicago for FBI training. After training, where are they assigned?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years later does James break his vow and leave the priesthood?
2. James and Joe junior accompany their father to what base in Puerto Rico?
3. James is in college now and working as what for the summer?
4. After receiving his award at Georgetown University, what does the author receive?
5. What does James learn about religious faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James honor his father in this chapter?
2. How does Joe Carroll catch Roger Touhy?
3. Why is FDR an admired president?
4. How does Roosevelt's inauguration differ from past presidential inaugurations?
5. What is Joe's attitude about human nature?
6. How is the Carroll family's experience in Washington, D.C.?
7. What is known about Francis Cardinal Spellman?
8. What does the B-52 Bomber symbolize to James?
9. How does Roger Touhy who is a Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer that have a significant impact on James' father's career?
10. Who is in attendance for his first mass and sermon?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)