|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author reflects on perceptions that he and his father give up worlds they love. Why?
(a) For war.
(b) For what they want.
(c) For peace.
(d) For their country.
2. Joe and his family leave Chicago for FBI training. After training, where are they assigned?
(c) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. Who symbolically unites the Elvis sexuality and the priestly celibacy?
(a) The Young nuns.
(b) Monsigneur Chess.
(c) The Air Force chaplains.
(d) The new Pope.
4. Joe, now General Carroll, is serving in what position?
(a) Chief of staff of the Navy in Europe.
(b) Major General of the Air Force in Europe.
(c) Major General of the Air Force in Europe.
(d) Chief of Staff of the Air Force in Europe.
5. Mary drives the children to pick Joseph up at night. What does she do on the way home?
(a) Visits friends.
(b) Picks up dinner.
(c) Gives them a tour of Washington.
(d) Drives along the Potomac.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James interpret the experiences of their lives in Christian terms?
2. How many years later does James break his vow and leave the priesthood?
3. Father Carroll affirms whose power?
4. Who is a sexual image ideal for the author?
5. How many generals attend the reception following at the Officers' Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joseph and Mary react to Joe junior's contraction of polio?
2. How does James perceive his family's time in Germany?
3. How is Boston University a good fit for Father Carroll?
4. What is the tone difference between Robert F. Kennedy and J. Edgar Hoover?
5. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
6. Why can Michael not be buried by a Catholic priest?
7. What does the FBI do to Martin Luther King, Jr.?
8. What automobile rides with his father does James recall?
9. How is the Carroll family's experience in Washington, D.C.?
10. What is the General's opinion of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)