Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. James is in college now and working as what for the summer?
(a) A football coach.
(b) A pastor.
(c) An FBI cryptanalyst's aid.
(d) An Air Force aid.
2. James Carroll reminisces on experiences as a young boy growing up in what city?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Richmond, VA.
(c) Chicago, IL.
(d) New York City.
3. Why does James feel as if he knows the Pope?
(a) He hears about him every day at school.
(b) He sees the Pope's picture everywhere.
(c) He sees him on television.
(d) He has met him several times.
4. What has made FDR paralyzed from the waist down?
(a) An automobile accident.
(c) A riding accident.
5. Who represents Catholic Irish-American ambition?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what are both James and his father entwined?
2. Who is the newly-ordained priest?
3. Of what is this sexual image the opposite in James' life?
4. What does Joe junior undergo a dozen of over the next fifteen years?
5. In Irish Chicago of that day, what does a refusal to become a priest after twelve years of seminary make Joe Carroll?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joseph and Mary react to Joe junior's contraction of polio?
2. How does James feel about his calling as both priest and poet?
3. How does Roger Touhy who is a Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer that have a significant impact on James' father's career?
4. How does James change from his pro-war attitude?
5. How does James honor his father in this chapter?
6. What discussions are held at the Carroll dinner table?
7. What is the General's opinion of Martin Luther King, Jr.?
8. What are some of the discussions about use of nuclear weapons in preemptive strikes on China and the Soviet Union that James remembers?
9. How does the celebration begin?
10. How does Father Daniel Berrigan protest the war?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)