|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eisenhower is the first president who wears what kind of hat?
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A beaver cap.
2. What is Father James Carroll celebrating?
(a) A baptism.
(c) The birth of his daughter.
(d) His first mass and giving his first sermon.
3. Why does James feel as if he knows the Pope?
(a) He sees the Pope's picture everywhere.
(b) He hears about him every day at school.
(c) He sees him on television.
(d) He has met him several times.
4. How many years later does James break his vow and leave the priesthood?
(a) Two years later.
(b) Five years later.
(c) Fifteen years later.
(d) Twelve years later.
5. What does James believe the B-52's utility and longevity discourage?
(b) More destructive bombers.
(c) The Air Force from using them.
(d) Other countries to attack us.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does being a priest preaching his first sermon make apparent about James?
2. What Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer has a significant impact on James' father's career?
3. How many generals attend the reception following at the Officers' Club?
4. Where does Joe attend six years of night school?
5. Who prophecies a valley full of vast quantities of dry bones?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Roger Touhy who is a Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer that have a significant impact on James' father's career?
2. What does General Carroll share with his son regarding war?
3. How does James perceive his family's time in Germany?
4. How does James, the anti-war priest from a military family feel giving his first sermon?
5. What are some of the discussions about use of nuclear weapons in preemptive strikes on China and the Soviet Union that James remembers?
6. What are Joseph's and Mary's roles in their family?
7. Upon what does James Carroll reflect?
8. How do Joseph and Mary react to Joe junior's contraction of polio?
9. How does James honor his father in this chapter?
10. What does James realize about his desire to enter the seminary?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)