|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe and Jim wear Democrat campaign pins with what motto to protest Republican "I Like Ike" campaign pins?
(a) "I Don't Like Ike."
(b) "I like Everybody."
(c) "Who's Ike?"
(d) "I Hate Ike."
2. How does James get to know Monsignor Chess?
(a) He is the priest at James' church.
(b) James' works for him in the rectory.
(c) James caddies for him and his father.
(d) He teaches at James' school.
3. Why does James feel as if he knows the Pope?
(a) He hears about him every day at school.
(b) He has met him several times.
(c) He sees him on television.
(d) He sees the Pope's picture everywhere.
4. To where does the Carroll family return from Germany in 1960?
(a) New York.
5. Who believes human nature is incapable of good?
(a) An English Transcendentalist.
(b) A Scottish Methodist.
(c) An Irish Jansenist.
(d) A French Boiserrie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eisenhower is the first president who wears what kind of hat?
2. Joe and Mary Carroll have how many brothers and sisters?
3. The Touhy manhunt takes on the wartime symbolism of a hunt for who?
4. What does Joseph believe his own pride causes?
5. What is a highlight of James' parent's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Father Daniel Berrigan protest the war?
2. Ritual requires a newly-ordained priest perform his first priestly blessing on his parents. How do his parents react?
3. How does Joe become a part of Kelly's political hypocrisy?
4. How is the Carroll family's experience in Washington, D.C.?
5. How does Roosevelt's inauguration differ from past presidential inaugurations?
6. With what obstacles do James and Lexa deal?
7. How does James' antiwar stance affect his father?
8. How does James, the anti-war priest from a military family feel giving his first sermon?
9. General Carroll's DIA offers up analysis that the bombing is having no effect on Hanoi's ability to wage war. How do the Joint Chiefs respond?
10. What are Joseph's and Mary's roles in their family?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)