|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cardinal Spellman do to Daniel Berrigan?
(a) He honors him with a fancy dinner.
(b) He finds him a parish in which to reside.
(c) He banishes Berrigan from New York.
(d) He brings him back from exile.
2. These priests focus on a defensive Catholic Church and a hostile American culture.
(a) Markist Fathers.
(b) Paulist Fathers.
(c) Benedictine Fathers.
(d) Franciscan Fathers.
3. Tom Dooley writes a book inferring what about Vietnam?
(a) It is a war of religions.
(b) Vietnam is a Communist country under Catholic siege.
(c) Vietnam is a Catholic country under Communist siege.
(d) Vietnam is a country full of pagans.
4. Where does James begin seminary training in 1963?
(a) St. Francis College.
(b) St. Mark's College.
(c) St. Paul's College.
(d) College of the Benedictine.
5. Who is the host in place of Dick Cavett?
(a) Jack Black.
(b) David Letterman.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Jack Klugman.
6. For what are students at this university notorious?
(a) Being anti-war.
(b) Being insubordinate.
(c) Being pro-war.
(d) Being violent.
7. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
(a) He is a good friend.
(b) He is not favored by the Pope.
(c) He is looking forward to ordaining James.
(d) He is looking for a golf caddy.
8. Of what does James believe Joe Carroll embodies the motto?
(a) The priesthood, Heroes of Sacrifice.
(b) His FBI career, fidelity, bravery and integrity.
(c) His Air Force career, Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
(d) The Church, The Lord is my light.
9. To what is the conflict between James and his father limited?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Civil Rights movement.
(d) The priesthood.
10. Who is delighted to be a personal guest of Cardinal Spellman's and helps welcome the Pope?
(a) James Carroll.
(b) Joseph Carroll.
(c) Brian Carroll.
(d) Mary Carroll.
11. As what is the Catholic Student Center also known?
(a) The Center for Peace.
(b) The Carroll Center.
(c) The Center for the Lord.
(d) The Newman Center.
12. Who is excommunicated?
(a) Some traditional Paulists.
(b) Some modernists Bendictines.
(c) Some modernist Paulists.
(d) Some traditional Benedictines.
13. What does James do a week before entering the novitiate?
(a) He dates the Vice-President's daughter and tries unsuccessfully to have sex.
(b) He begins to write a religious-based novel.
(c) He meets with Allen Tate to show him several of his poems.
(d) He prays about what his calling truly is.
14. King is wiretapped, and what does his sexual behavior replace as an issue?
(a) Marxist thugs.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) Communist infiltration.
(d) The Republican Party.
15. Despite years of religious training as an altar boy, catechism and religion classes, how is James regarding the Bible and theology?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds James of Air Force chaplains?
2. Nixon is in office and plans to do what with the Vietnam War?
3. What does General Carroll ask of Father James?
4. Who arrests James for protesting Igloo White at Hansom Air Force Base?
5. God, government, and what else keep James in conflict?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)