|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
(a) They have nothing else to do.
(b) James is in the Air Force.
(c) James is a general's son.
(d) They are friends with James.
2. King is wiretapped, and what does his sexual behavior replace as an issue?
(a) Communist infiltration.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) Marxist thugs.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. How does James feel at his ordination?
(a) He is unsure.
(b) He feels betrayed.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is fearful.
4. What does James' mother refuse to recognize about the war?
(a) That her husband is against the war.
(b) That it may embarrass James.
(c) The war is unjust.
(d) That is is ending.
5. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
(a) He is a good friend.
(b) He is looking for a golf caddy.
(c) He is looking forward to ordaining James.
(d) He is not favored by the Pope.
6. James sees King once in person, and what is his opinion of King?
(a) He is a liar and a coward.
(b) King is the only public figure to which he is personally devoted.
(c) His father is right in believing King is void of all morals.
(d) He can not be trusted.
7. What in Washington transforms James' resistance into a resolution because he is faithful to John XXIII and embodies his vision for the Church?
(a) Hans Kung's lecture.
(b) Joseph Carroll's position.
(c) Father Kelly's book.
(d) Robert F. Kennedy's speech.
8. Tom Dooley writes a book inferring what about Vietnam?
(a) It is a war of religions.
(b) Vietnam is a Catholic country under Communist siege.
(c) Vietnam is a Communist country under Catholic siege.
(d) Vietnam is a country full of pagans.
9. Why does Robert Kennedy send federal marshals instead of FBI agents to protect James Meredith at Ole Miss?
(a) He does not trust the FBI.
(b) The FBI is not very thorough.
(c) James Meredith is a federal marshal.
(d) He fears the FBI.
10. How does James feel among the working-class Irish novices?
(a) Out of place.
(b) He feels at home.
(c) He often fights them.
(d) He befriends many of them.
11. Who is the FBI resolved to bring down?
(a) Joseph Carroll.
(b) Cardinal Spellman.
(c) Martin Luther King.
(d) The Pope.
12. When Kennedy is assassinated, what does Johnson take over?
(a) The presidency.
(b) The administration and the war.
(c) The Democratic Party.
(d) The war.
13. What is not James' belief but simply taken for granted as the way things are?
(d) The military.
14. What does General Carroll ask of Father James?
(a) To change his views on the war.
(b) To leave the priesthood.
(c) To support his beliefs.
(d) To offer the benediction at a dinner to honor Hoover.
15. Who does His Holiness address for its twentieth-year celebration?
(a) The Catholic Church of America.
(b) The NAACP.
(c) The Paulist Fathers.
(d) The United Nations.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Selma, Alabama, in 1965, notorious?
2. Who is the host in place of Dick Cavett?
3. What does James return to Washington as a seminarian to study?
4. James reads an account of his father's conspiracy to destroy whom?
5. Where is no one allowed to truly speak his mind?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)