|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James organize a citizens' tribunal to indict J. Edgar Hoover?
(a) For his segregationist views.
(b) For betraying his father.
(c) For his assination attempt of the President.
(d) For FBI abuses.
2. What convinces James to be Patrick Hughes' friend?
(a) Patrick does not give James the option to say no.
(b) Patrick is kind and loving.
(c) He has no other friends.
(d) Patrick's belief in himself.
3. James is a boy in southern Alexandria and raised in what traditions?
4. What does James intern as in Atlanta?
(a) An Air Force cadet.
(b) A therapist.
(c) A pastoral counselor.
(d) A lay assistant.
5. What does James return to Washington as a seminarian to study?
(a) Human evolution.
(b) Philosophy and theology.
6. Who arrests James for protesting Igloo White at Hansom Air Force Base?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The Secret Service.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
7. James feels his life ends when he enters seminary and that as a child he first hears the word as what?
8. How does James thank "Mr. Johnson" for ending the war?
(a) He writes a personal letter.
(b) On the telephone.
(c) During a meal at the White House.
(d) In person.
9. How does James feel at his ordination?
(a) He feels betrayed.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is fearful.
10. How does the General refer to war protesters?
(a) As "hippies."
(b) As "kooks."
(c) As weirdos."
(d) As "crayzies."
11. What begins James' breakdown in shared understanding with his father?
(a) The Civil Rights movement.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) His leaving the priesthood.
(d) The Paulist order.
12. What bill does President Johnson propose? He ends his speech with "we shall overcome" and becomes an ally of King's.
(a) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(b) Desegregation Bill.
(c) Voting Rights Bill.
(d) Equality for All Bill.
13. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
(a) He is not favored by the Pope.
(b) He is looking forward to ordaining James.
(c) He is looking for a golf caddy.
(d) He is a good friend.
14. Senator Eugene McCarthy declares his candidacy for president on what platform?
(a) A green platform.
(b) An anti-war platform.
(c) A segregationist platform.
(d) A war platform.
15. By the will of whom does Diem rule Vietnam?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Selma, Alabama, in 1965, notorious?
2. Whose point of view does James present on the Cavett Show?
3. Robert Kennedy encourages James saying priests are needed in the streets. Who is already in the streets?
4. Why do countless Air Force chaplains attend in full dress?
5. What do James and fellow novices do on the edge of a lake?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)