|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does James thank "Mr. Johnson" for ending the war?
(a) He writes a personal letter.
(b) On the telephone.
(c) During a meal at the White House.
(d) In person.
2. Why does James keep secret that he met and was kissed by Pope John XXIII?
(a) He feels guilty about advantages he receives.
(b) He does not think anyone would believe him.
(c) No one is allowed to know.
(d) He is shy.
3. Senator Eugene McCarthy declares his candidacy for president on what platform?
(a) An anti-war platform.
(b) A green platform.
(c) A war platform.
(d) A segregationist platform.
4. James sees King once in person, and what is his opinion of King?
(a) He can not be trusted.
(b) King is the only public figure to which he is personally devoted.
(c) His father is right in believing King is void of all morals.
(d) He is a liar and a coward.
5. Who reminds James of Air Force chaplains?
(a) The Paulist Fathers.
(b) The young Father Kelly and his open-hearted camaraderie.
(c) His father.
(d) The Rector at the college.
6. How is Dan Berrigan's hiding place found?
(a) Through the Pope.
(b) Through the assistance of the Catholic church.
(c) Through the letters from his brother, Philip.
(d) Through James' confessions.
7. What does Cardinal Spellman do to Daniel Berrigan?
(a) He honors him with a fancy dinner.
(b) He banishes Berrigan from New York.
(c) He brings him back from exile.
(d) He finds him a parish in which to reside.
8. Who does His Holiness address for its twentieth-year celebration?
(a) The Catholic Church of America.
(b) The United Nations.
(c) The NAACP.
(d) The Paulist Fathers.
9. God, government, and what else keep James in conflict?
(d) His calling.
10. Robert Kennedy encourages James saying priests are needed in the streets. Who is already in the streets?
(a) The people.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The devil.
(d) The ministers.
11. Of what does James believe Joe Carroll embodies the motto?
(a) The priesthood, Heroes of Sacrifice.
(b) His FBI career, fidelity, bravery and integrity.
(c) The Church, The Lord is my light.
(d) His Air Force career, Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
12. James' appointment with Tate is interrupted by what personal tragedy the night before?
(a) One of Tate's newborn twins dies.
(b) The country has gone to war.
(c) His brother has been caught leaving the country and the draft.
(d) James' father dies.
13. Who becomes to James, for the first time, a man with whom he can identify?
(a) The Pope.
(b) His father.
(c) John the Baptist.
14. James feels his life ends when he enters seminary and that as a child he first hears the word as what?
15. James is ordained in 1969, and assigned to the campus ministry at what university?
(a) Northwestern University.
(b) New York University.
(c) Boston University.
(d) The University of Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James do a week before entering the novitiate?
2. Nixon is in office and plans to do what with the Vietnam War?
3. Where does James begin seminary training in 1963?
4. How does the General refer to war protesters?
5. What does Carroll's DIA report show?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)