|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is excommunicated?
(a) Some modernist Paulists.
(b) Some traditional Benedictines.
(c) Some modernists Bendictines.
(d) Some traditional Paulists.
2. What does General Carroll ask of Father James?
(a) To support his beliefs.
(b) To leave the priesthood.
(c) To change his views on the war.
(d) To offer the benediction at a dinner to honor Hoover.
3. Who arrests James for protesting Igloo White at Hansom Air Force Base?
(a) The Air Force.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Secret Service.
(d) The FBI.
4. Of what does James believe Joe Carroll embodies the motto?
(a) The priesthood, Heroes of Sacrifice.
(b) His FBI career, fidelity, bravery and integrity.
(c) The Church, The Lord is my light.
(d) His Air Force career, Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
5. By the will of whom does Diem rule Vietnam?
6. What does Joseph ask of his son at Christmas dinner, 1965?
(a) To support his views.
(b) To be the priest at his younger brother's wedding.
(c) To leave the priesthood.
(d) He asks his son to say grace for the first time.
7. What does James recollect about slaves?
(a) They are mistreated.
(b) They are part of a slave-owner's family.
(c) The south's economic growth is due to them.
(d) They always seemed happy.
8. Where does James begin seminary training in 1963?
(a) St. Mark's College.
(b) College of the Benedictine.
(c) St. Paul's College.
(d) St. Francis College.
9. King is wiretapped, and what does his sexual behavior replace as an issue?
(a) The Republican Party.
(b) Communist infiltration.
(c) Marxist thugs.
(d) The Vietnam War.
10. Why does James organize a citizens' tribunal to indict J. Edgar Hoover?
(a) For his segregationist views.
(b) For betraying his father.
(c) For his assination attempt of the President.
(d) For FBI abuses.
11. What does Mary Carroll remind her son about Cardinal Spellman?
(a) He is looking for a golf caddy.
(b) He is looking forward to ordaining James.
(c) He is a good friend.
(d) He is not favored by the Pope.
12. What is this ceremony for his mother?
(a) Her first.
(b) A fearful one.
(c) A dream come true.
(d) A tradition in her family.
13. The Pope's speech ends in French. What does it translate to in English?
(a) God is on our side.
(b) War no more.
(c) We must fight God's war.
(d) God bless the U.S.A.
14. James is a boy in southern Alexandria and raised in what traditions?
15. Tom Dooley writes a book inferring what about Vietnam?
(a) It is a war of religions.
(b) Vietnam is a Communist country under Catholic siege.
(c) Vietnam is a Catholic country under Communist siege.
(d) Vietnam is a country full of pagans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James return to Washington as a seminarian to study?
2. What does Joe Carroll do as James blesses him and lays hands on his head?
3. How does James feel at his ordination?
4. Robert Kennedy encourages James saying priests are needed in the streets. Who is already in the streets?
5. Senator Eugene McCarthy declares his candidacy for president on what platform?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)