|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of student is James in high school?
(a) A musician.
(b) A member of Glee Club.
(c) An "A" student.
(d) A "C" student.
2. Why does James feel as if he knows the Pope?
(a) He has met him several times.
(b) He sees him on television.
(c) He sees the Pope's picture everywhere.
(d) He hears about him every day at school.
3. Silence during their ride home does what between James and his father?
(a) Seals the bond.
(b) Makes them uncomfortable.
(c) Leaves unanswered questions.
(d) Causes a rift between to two.
4. How does James interpret the experiences of their lives in Christian terms?
(a) As the cross they must bear.
(b) Those without sin cast the first stone.
(c) Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
(d) They no not what they do.
5. James hopes his ROTC unit is picked to march in whose parade?
6. Mary points out distinctive features and size as her tours near this building, which is also known as the Pentagon.
(a) Protection Agency.
(b) The Secret Service Building.
(c) Department of War Building.
(d) The FBI Headquarters.
7. For years what does James wonder about his father?
(a) Why he left the seminary.
(b) Why he married his mother.
(c) How his anti-war stance would affect his father.
(d) How he decides to join the FBI.
8. James is in college now and working as what for the summer?
(a) A pastor.
(b) A football coach.
(c) An Air Force aid.
(d) An FBI cryptanalyst's aid.
9. What are Americans encouraged to do against the Soviet fallout?
(a) Take vitamins.
(b) Buy gas masks.
(c) Prepare to attack.
(d) Build bomb shelters.
10. How does James get to know Monsignor Chess?
(a) He teaches at James' school.
(b) James' works for him in the rectory.
(c) James caddies for him and his father.
(d) He is the priest at James' church.
11. What do the Catholics call the Chapel?
(a) "Our Lady of Peace."
(b) "Holy Trinity."
(c) "Our Father."
(d) "Our Lady of Perpetual Help."
12. Who is founding director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in charge of enemy counts and evaluating targets in Vietnam?
(a) Lieutenant-General Brian Carroll.
(b) Lieutenant-General Joseph F. Carroll.
(c) Lieutenant-General James Carroll.
(d) Lieutenant-General Brent Carroll.
13. Where does James attend school?
(a) In the Washington, D.C. public schools.
(b) Grade school at St. Mary's School and begins high school in the Priory School at a Benedictine monastery.
(c) In the charter school system.
(d) In private military academies.
14. Who is the ever-present symbol and embodiment of the Catholic Church?
(b) The Pope.
15. James Carroll reminisces on experiences as a young boy growing up in what city?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Richmond, VA.
(d) Chicago, IL.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is outlined in this chapter of background history?
2. For what does James' father never forgive himself?
3. What is one reason why James receives the ROTC award?
4. How does James perceive the Carroll family's time in Germany?
5. Who commends Joe Carroll's action in capturing Touhy?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)