|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edward J. Kelly, Chicago's mayor and head of the Democratic Party, bring in millions?
(a) He invents the automatic voting machine.
(b) Through illegal gambling and other vices run out of city hall, police stations and ward offices.
(c) He employs many to help raise funds.
(d) He works as a philanthropist.
2. How many generals attend the reception following at the Officers' Club?
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Only one.
3. Mary drives the children to pick Joseph up at night. What does she do on the way home?
(a) Picks up dinner.
(b) Drives along the Potomac.
(c) Visits friends.
(d) Gives them a tour of Washington.
4. James hopes his ROTC unit is picked to march in whose parade?
5. Who is founding director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in charge of enemy counts and evaluating targets in Vietnam?
(a) Lieutenant-General James Carroll.
(b) Lieutenant-General Brent Carroll.
(c) Lieutenant-General Joseph F. Carroll.
(d) Lieutenant-General Brian Carroll.
6. What type of student is James in high school?
(a) A member of Glee Club.
(b) An "A" student.
(c) A musician.
(d) A "C" student.
7. What does James believe the B-52's utility and longevity discourage?
(a) More destructive bombers.
(c) Other countries to attack us.
(d) The Air Force from using them.
8. Where does the author secretly throw his Georgetown University prize?
(a) In the woods behind the seminary.
(b) In the Atlantic ocean.
(c) In the Potomac.
(d) Into the swamp behind the seminary.
9. Joe junior is struck with what illness?
(a) Muscular dystrophy.
10. The Touhy manhunt takes on the wartime symbolism of a hunt for who?
11. How does James perceive the Carroll family's time in Germany?
(c) Their best.
12. For what does James' father never forgive himself?
(a) Leaving the seminary.
(b) Planning to join the priesthood.
(c) Becoming a member of the FBI.
(d) Working for the Air Force.
13. Where does Joe Carroll work to support his family?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In a bar.
(c) For the Chicago Tribune.
(d) In the Chicago stockyards.
14. How is Joe's father, "Dike" Carroll, occasionally employed?
(a) As a butler in a South Side ward house.
(b) As a body guard.
(c) As a sailor on Lake Michigan.
(d) As a janitor in a South Side ward house.
15. After receiving his award at Georgetown University, what does the author receive?
(a) A platinum model tank.
(b) A gold-plated model fighter jet.
(c) A stainless-steel model B-52 bomber.
(d) A silver-plated model aircraft carrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his year at Georgetown University what is the author named?
2. Joe and Mary Carroll have how many brothers and sisters?
3. What does he instruct James to do?
4. How does Joe feel about leaving the seminary?
5. Where is the Chapel located?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)