|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James believe as a young boy to be virtuous?
(a) The Pope.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
2. After receiving his award at Georgetown University, what does the author receive?
(a) A gold-plated model fighter jet.
(b) A silver-plated model aircraft carrier.
(c) A stainless-steel model B-52 bomber.
(d) A platinum model tank.
3. How many years later does James break his vow and leave the priesthood?
(a) Five years later.
(b) Fifteen years later.
(c) Twelve years later.
(d) Two years later.
4. Eisenhower is the first president who wears what kind of hat?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A beaver cap.
(c) A baseball cap.
5. What happens as James and his father are golfing on the base golf course in Puerto Rico?
(a) James tells his father he is marrying Lexa.
(b) A fleet of B-52 bombers lands.
(c) James tells his father he is joining the priesthood.
(d) The U.S. begins the Vietnam War.
6. How many generals attend the reception following at the Officers' Club?
(a) One hundred.
(b) Only one.
(d) Two hundred.
7. President Kennedy reverses nuclear thinking through speeches, the Test Ban Treaty and what else?
(a) The Treaty for Human Liberties.
(b) The United Nations Treaty.
(c) The Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty.
(d) The Nuclear Weaponry Treaty.
8. How does James get to know Monsignor Chess?
(a) James' works for him in the rectory.
(b) He is the priest at James' church.
(c) James caddies for him and his father.
(d) He teaches at James' school.
9. What Chicago bank robber, kidnapper and killer has a significant impact on James' father's career?
(a) Richard Thomas.
(b) Robert Tolliver.
(c) Ruben Toulouse.
(d) Roger Touhy.
10. For what does James' father never forgive himself?
(a) Working for the Air Force.
(b) Leaving the seminary.
(c) Planning to join the priesthood.
(d) Becoming a member of the FBI.
11. Where is the Chapel located?
(a) On the west side of the Potomac River.
(b) On the east side of the Potomac River.
(c) On the south side of the Potomac River.
(d) On the north side of the Potomac River.
12. FDR is an admired president because of the way he treats what?
(a) The U.S. citizens.
(b) His enemies.
(c) His children.
(d) His affliction.
13. How is James, Joe and Mary's second son, born?
(c) Oxygen-deprived and in danger of dying but survives.
14. In 1959, why does the Pope convene an Ecumenical Council?
(a) To refresh the Church.
(b) To change the Bible.
(c) To meet new priests.
(d) To meet with members of other religions.
15. How does James interpret the experiences of their lives in Christian terms?
(a) They no not what they do.
(b) Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
(c) Those without sin cast the first stone.
(d) As the cross they must bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Despite the cold, James is pleased this president does not do this.
2. Mary points out distinctive features and size as her tours near this building, which is also known as the Pentagon.
3. What does Joseph believe his own pride causes?
4. What belief does the General share with his son?
5. Of what is Joe junior a sign?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)