|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "J. Edgar, Joe, and Me".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James feel shame to admit is his childhood neighbor on Generals' Row?
(a) Robert F. Kennedy.
(b) Father Frank Miller.
(c) President Herbert Hoover.
(d) General Curtis Lemay.
2. Who is the newly-ordained priest?
(a) Edgar Hoover.
(b) Patrick Hughes.
(c) The author.
(d) Joseph Carroll.
3. What do the Catholics call the Chapel?
(a) "Our Lady of Perpetual Help."
(b) "Our Father."
(c) "Holy Trinity."
(d) "Our Lady of Peace."
4. Who prophecies a valley full of vast quantities of dry bones?
5. For years what does James wonder about his father?
(a) Why he left the seminary.
(b) How his anti-war stance would affect his father.
(c) How he decides to join the FBI.
(d) Why he married his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this chapter compare to the conflicted and painful opening chapter?
2. In Irish Chicago of that day, what does a refusal to become a priest after twelve years of seminary make Joe Carroll?
3. No longer Father James, a priest, what is James Carroll?
4. After receiving his award at Georgetown University, what does the author receive?
5. Where does the author secretly throw his Georgetown University prize?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)