|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "J. Edgar, Joe, and Me".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is founding director of the Defense Intelligence Agency in charge of enemy counts and evaluating targets in Vietnam?
(a) Lieutenant-General James Carroll.
(b) Lieutenant-General Brent Carroll.
(c) Lieutenant-General Brian Carroll.
(d) Lieutenant-General Joseph F. Carroll.
2. How does Joe's childhood compare to the social standing he later achieves?
(a) Same social standing, but in a different city.
(b) It is somewhat different.
(c) It stands in stark contrast.
(d) It is very similar.
3. He finishes preaching his first sermon by reaffirming General Lemay's SAC motto. What is that motto?
(a) "War is our craft."
(b) "Et tu Brute."
(c) "Military is mighty."
(d) "Peace is our profession."
4. Where does Joe attend six years of night school?
(a) Loyal School of Medicine.
(b) Northwestern School of Medicine.
(c) Northwestern Law School.
(d) Loyola Law School.
5. What is outlined in this chapter of background history?
(a) Joe Carroll's childhood until his marriage.
(b) Joe Carroll's life up through the birth of James Carroll.
(c) Joe Carroll's life up through the birth of Joe Carroll Jr.
(d) Joe Carroll's childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Irish Chicago of that day, what does a refusal to become a priest after twelve years of seminary make Joe Carroll?
2. Father Carroll affirms whose power?
3. How is James, Joe and Mary's second son, born?
4. Who believes human nature is incapable of good?
5. Who prophecies a valley full of vast quantities of dry bones?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)